Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The time has come to make the elves bend the knee  (Read 1051 times)

RurikGreenwulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The time has come to make the elves bend the knee
« on: June 23, 2018, 08:38:20 pm »

With the new update we can finally get some elves to bend the knee to our glorious dwarven !!nobles!!
I'm curious if anyone has already managed to get a few elven civs to pay tribute, and how the hill dwarf thing is working
can you recruit the hill dwarves in to your army?

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The time has come to make the elves bend the knee
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 08:47:12 pm »

You can send messengers to request historical figures from the hillocks. Once they're on your land they're supposed to work like migrants. So if you want to create a levy system and draft workers to train in arms before sending them back home, I don't see why you couldn't. Personally I might keep a standing army of four or five squads and break up another one into a training cadre to get my civilians up to militia spec before sending them back home.

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 11:19:50 pm »

So I invite you all, everybody, put your elves' minds at ease.

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 02:40:37 am »

I'm working on extermination.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 06:25:19 am »

I've got a small fortress called Libashsedil (Axeangel) growing behind elven lines. The goal is actually to see if I can cross the species barrier and use economics to get some of the local forest retreats on-side. If I can, that's a supply of elves and animal people I can draft, arm, train in militia style, and then use for war.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2018, 07:32:05 am »

I've got a small fortress called Libashsedil (Axeangel) growing behind elven lines. The goal is actually to see if I can cross the species barrier and use economics to get some of the local forest retreats on-side. If I can, that's a supply of elves and animal people I can draft, arm, train in militia style, and then use for war.
My dwarves are wondering what to do with a cave full of elven bandits who pledged themselves to us with no prompting shortly after we embarked.

Politically it makes sense as there's a 2000 strong city of minotaurs (mods) next door who are enemies of the Elves, but not to us.

Well, it makes a nice story, but I'm pretty sure the game hasn't advanced that far yet... :)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 07:35:00 am by Shonai_Dweller »

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2018, 07:43:24 am »

Elven bandits with minotaur enemies would presumably have combat experience of some sort. No reason not to draft any histfigs you can and re-equip them with real gear. I believe one of the scary parts of fighting a goblin civ is that they have metal-armed elves who prove that, when given the right equipment, those little guys go from a joke nation into a thing of lethally fast beauty. I know I plan on drafting all the elven histfigs I can and getting them ready for a real war against the gobs.