Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Seaside Cliffs  (Read 715 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Seaside Cliffs
« on: June 24, 2018, 09:06:38 pm »

Any idea on where I can find stony seaside cliffs? Especially ones that are like 10-20 z-levels tall (like straight drops, maybe one two tiles leeway?) Perhaps some world gen combos that will generate such things? Alternatively, small islands that are connectable to the mainland with similarly high cliffs are even more desirable. Could erosion affect it at all?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

trib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Seaside Cliffs
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 04:25:23 am »

Any idea on where I can find stony seaside cliffs? Especially ones that are like 10-20 z-levels tall (like straight drops, maybe one two tiles leeway?) Perhaps some world gen combos that will generate such things? Alternatively, small islands that are connectable to the mainland with similarly high cliffs are even more desirable. Could erosion affect it at all?

Erosion probably plays a part, try disabling the "Periodically Erode Extreme Cliffs" in advanced world gen.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Seaside Cliffs
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 05:15:13 am »

I would suggest a PSV world where mountains or other high terrain are painted directly beside sea tiles. I'd expect it to be gradual most of the time, though.
I'd also consider "improving" the future embark prior to embarking using the Region Manipulator http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164136.msg7454345#msg7454345 to ensure the elevation of the mid level tiles adjacent to the ocean are of a desired elevation.