Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Doubts about 44.10  (Read 4808 times)

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doubts about 44.10
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2018, 11:46:33 am »

I actually think its excellent because the relevant memories suppress needs if they're positive meaning a individual with a head full of happy fluff is significantly easier to manage in harder to target or infrequent needs. But the big crutch is that religion & tavern shenanigans are often the most positive detailed fluff the dwarf can find and those needs are very intensive (religion especially) so its not being used to its full potential. Works great on non-dwarves with different subsets of moods.

- If a dwarf remembers its arguement it has had or taken part in, it starves off the need in having a new arguement which means they are likely to be less rude and end a conversation for the sake of their own enjoyment bringing down everyone else's and their own social skills by not being able to properly chat.

The next update should hopefully be more detailed for gradual personality changes over time so that dwarves can properly settle into the horror around them and be less suprised by it based on prior experience over squealing about teeth.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2018, 02:21:21 pm »

The main problem's with it ATM IMO (those being "the memories are forever as strong as they were at first" and "Every creature, and all of it's separated body parts causing very strong emotions") are being fixed in the next version

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2018, 02:34:22 pm »

The main problem's with it ATM IMO (those being "the memories are forever as strong as they were at first" and "Every creature, and all of it's separated body parts causing very strong emotions") are being fixed in the next version

Personally I'd prefer that they not even react to teeth, and very little to the old bones.

Fresh and rotting corpses at least on first viewing though? Yeah, that'd be unpleasant. Especially the rotting ones.

Good point with the being rained on. That's not a bad memory, that's a bad moment. Once it passes you stop thinking about it. Maybe even feel happy that you're somewhere dry and cozy.

I think the issue is it kept generating a new "got rained on" stressor every time they went out of cover. It'd probably be better to make sure that only triggers once every month or two weeks or something, since once you get rained on once in a given week (especially in a swamp or snowed on in cold places,) you should probably expect it to happen again in that time.

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2018, 03:03:13 pm »

Are you talking about the DFHack console or the windows console? If you do the repeat one do you have to redo it each time you start the game?
Through the DFHack console that starts up with your game.  The command has to be redone every time you load a save, but you could stick it on a new line in onLoad.init or onLoad.init-example if you want it to happen every time you load a game.
Fallout Equestria Redux - that's right, it's back

Lioneez

• Bay Watcher
  • Challenged.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2018, 07:23:55 am »

So wait I started a new fort only to relive why I abandoned it in the first place at the newer version? D=

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2018, 01:40:24 pm »

I've found that marriage is a really effective way to manage stress, and romance is slightly less good but still quite effective. Lovers/Spouses are sources of powerful good thoughts, children even more so, and dwarves will happily reminisce about them. I have a couple of stress-prone dwarves who're functional now instead of ticking time bombs because they think back to their wedding instead of (or at least as often as) the time I didn't notice a stray cow coming with a migrant wave and she starved to death in the great hall instead of getting pastured.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Moonshine Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2018, 02:23:08 am »

Having your military clean up a pack of crundles near your fort entrance is a terrible idea and will rapidly lead to oblivious stumbling and madness all throughout the fortress, even if the bodies are quickly moved out of the way. 44.10 is slightly broken. It's better than completely immune dwarves, but now it's too much the other direction.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2018, 12:10:59 pm »

44.11 goes a way to improve it, bodies are a lot less horrifying now and the new reflective memories system is interesting for longer term projects. Still a bit iffy in modded play though (Angry goblins can't hold their drink and end up throwing mugs and brawling about as violently as usual)

From /r/Dwarfortress

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2018, 12:56:08 pm »

Yeah after a few years I'm seeing a lot of different changes. Here are some more:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Luriant

• Bay Watcher
  • Mediocre english, sorry
    • View Profile
Re: Doubts about 44.11
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2018, 06:05:45 pm »

Fantastic.

Every Dwarf tell a history about his life  :o
╔══╦══╗██▓▓
☺♠┼╥╤┼▲▼▓
Θ÷║πΩ║      ▓
+═╬══╣ò    ▓
≈≈▒‼^☻²
╚══╩══╝
  Σ Spkd Grn Glss Blls 252☼ 2.6Γ

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2018, 06:25:06 pm »

Thank you! I was wondering where I could find that stuff. I kept looking for a separate section on the thoughts page.
Pages: 1 [2]