Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll: Do you mind if I shift how Talents work in favor of a superior system to the +X?

Please keep it the way it is
- 0 (0%)
Go ahead
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 06, 2018, 02:21:31 pm

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29

Author Topic: Murder, Inc. - Mission 2: Foul Play [Turn 40] (Defunct)  (Read 41875 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Mission 1: Trouble In Paradise
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2018, 05:44:46 pm »

((Reminds me of "Leafy", the entirely esoteric antimagic nature spirit. Who I never actually got around to playing. Oh well.))
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Mission 1: Trouble In Paradise
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2018, 06:22:43 pm »

It's fine..

Multi-wield extends to- and here lay the breath- Short Swords, Rapiers, Daggers, Maces, Short Spears, Longswords, Two-Handed Swords, Curved Swords, Long-Spears, Bows, Katana, Axes, Shields, Knuckles, Claws... Dual Wielding Knife/Sword, Whips, Halberds, Duel Wielding Two of every Melee weapon listed(of the same class), & Staves..

That is a lot of weapons... Brought about by Yggdrasil Soul, She can access Sword Skills, and general use of all these old weapons. No guns though.. But when you're a master of a specific style, you don't need them.

There is a lot to be gained from SAO..

And yeah, change Heal and Earth Magic to Trait.
<Wall Run> is an unlisted skill, it's just something she can do to move, dodge, or attack from.

And Illusions, along with Treasure Magic, is just normal for Spriggans. I can unlock anything that has physical and/or magical components. Treasure Divination too!

I kinda think if I got my hands on that Rapier, I could just <Linear> the Boss. I won't be pulling out sword skills too often though, they're taxing.

And make what changes you like if you need balance. But Yggdrasil Soul is most certainly a talent with all that weapon data.

Focused Incant means I need to stay still, and whisper/pronuctiate the Incant for the spell. Higher Tier spells take upwards of 20 seconds,  the shortest, Illusion Spell: {Smoke}screen takes 1 word, or a second free. Heal takes 5 seconds. If the spell is interrupted, it fails.

Given spellwork, I'll skip the butchered Iclandic, and just post which spell I use from the tree. Most Spriggan spells are best out of combat anyway.

Edit:

Also, on specific schools of magic, Illusion is a School of Magic. There's also, Fire, Water, Wind, Earth, Holy, and Dark.
 Healing is a sub-category of Water, Wind, and Holy. Treasure Hunting is a sub-category of Illusion. Undine are the only fairies who can learn the Highest Healing spell, True Resurrection Magic, which has a 24 hour cooldown.

I might eventually be able to revive those who have been dead for less than a minute, but that spell is 15 count, and would require a lot of healing spellwork to get good enough at it. At least I'm not a Salamander, then it would be nearly impossible.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 06:41:26 pm by TricMagic »

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Mission 1: Trouble In Paradise [Turn 1]
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2018, 08:54:10 pm »

Turn 1 Begins

While Anthony talks to the others, he scans the grounds for stealth route options - staying behind hills and under the cover of trees, for instance. He'd like to get within sprinting distance of the Mansion before being observed. He'll also attempt to determine if the grounds have more mystical guardians - Fey or something. Never know with a witch.

As he speaks, Anthony takes about two or three steps forward, observing the grounds closely. [6] He notices two distinct routes that should be  inconspicuous to avoid detection. One involves hugging the hills closely, and should wind up bringing him to the backside of the Estate. Worth noting is that, at this angle, it's not clear what exactly is behind the estate. The other would involve ducking between the trees, ideally hiding behind them when guards are spotted. Obviously more than one or two of you isn't going to be able to hide yourself behind a single tree.  While observing, he feels something in the air- something warm and otherworldly. [4v6] Something pushes at the back of his mind, but with willpower tempered by the atrocities he's witnessed (and perpetrated) he manages to push back harder. The presence vanishes, leaving behind a momentary feeling of malaise.

I'm here in case things get hairy. Let's all hope it doesn't come to that, and I don't have to do much.

Listen to the others for now.

Osmond remembers an old adage that went, roughly, "we have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak." He decides that it is rather sound advice, and acts accordingly.

Plugs hops out of the dropship in silence, taking a moment to crouch and do a few stretches to work some life back into his legs.
He then straightens up, with a sigh, and mutters, "Well, let's get this over with. Seems simple enough: some rich kid and her freak-tech toy."

After a moment squinting at the compound arrayed before them, he adds, "Well, and whatever security she could afford with this kinda money. Might be a little hairy. Just a bit." He nods in response to the doctor's remark. "Yeah, get me in there an' I'll play havoc with their systems. Dunno what kind of gear these guards will have - woulda been nice to cover that in our, uh, 'briefing' - but I'm sure I can at least figure out where security's tightest. What we're after's probably gonna be there, after all."   

Do some light stretches to limber up a bit whilst planning takes place.
Look around. Try and determine whether our decidedly overt means of arrival has blown our cover already.

[1] Oh, Gods. How long has it been since Plugs has seen the country? He finds himself pondering this in a moment of shock and fascination. He's been in the slums for almost his entire life, but he thinks he may have came to the outskirts once- something to do with a solar energy farm. Needless to say, his moderate degree of shock hampers his ability to take in crucial details severely- if only for a moment. [2]After this, he attempts a few basic stretches. He can't quite get those muscles loosened, though, and there's no real effect other than the onset of moderate frustration.

((To clarify, at this point none of you have been noticed. Felt the need to say that even though Yoink failed his roll. I wouldn't start the mission with you being noticed.))

"Once we get past any electronic security, figuring out the guards' patterns and slipping past them should be straightforward. May want to figure out a safe space to dispose bodies in.

Twirl my knife in my fingers while waiting.

While Osmond was content to simply wait in silence, Nix is apparently feeling a bit fidgety. He deftly twirls the small dagger with one hand. Otherwise, the hobbit appears rather attentive to the words and actions of his teammates.

I run from the drop zone to a quiet hill and examine the house for any windows,doors,cheminies,etc.

[6+1]Engaging his powerful robotic legs, Sharkwire bursts into a full sprint and reaches top speed almost immediately. He's actually tearing at the ground below him as he does so. Within only a minute or so, he's already half of the way to the estate- a distance that most organisms couldn't reach in such a short amount of time. Sharkwire is a heavily augmented android, however, and at full speed this is no challenge. He slows as he reaches one of the smaller hills and gradually comes to a full stop. The wetware inside his brain lets him known that he just moderately damaged his feet. It shouldn't be much of a problem, so long as he doesn't pull any more insane stunts like that. [2+1]Hunkering down, Wireshark observes the estate closer than his allies could, but still doesn't see much more than them. However, he does notice something particularly interesting. There seems to be a complete and utter lack of personnel on the outside of the estate, and there are several large windows intermittently placed on this side of the building. There isn't any illumination coming through the windows, so the lights must be out.

End of Turn 1

Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rethi-Eli (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Yoink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AnonymousPotato (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ozarck (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Egan_BW (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 08:58:39 pm by Mallos »
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2018, 09:07:34 pm »

Take a nice little robo nap inside Antony's pack while I wait for things to happen.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2018, 12:31:02 am »

Hunker down to make myself even smaller, then use the shadows to work my way in. Try and get a clear picture of my path ahead of me, obstacles, cameras, etc.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2018, 12:56:06 am »

Alright, I'll take Plugs and Octobot and follow the hills, to get a look at the back of the estate. Meanwhile, I'll set up a mantra to keep out brainslugs and whatnot.

"We're going to check the back of the estate. Osmond, stick with the android and the midget and scout the front for now. If I find a good access, I'll send the octobot to let you know."

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2018, 10:13:29 pm »

"We're going to check the back of the estate. Osmond, stick with the android and the midget and scout the front for now. If I find a good access, I'll send the octobot to let you know."

Listen to the man.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

AnonymousPotato

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2018, 10:37:26 pm »

After searching for an entrance I reunite with everyone else.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2018, 12:17:49 am »

Plugs straightens up from his unsatisfying crouch, shrugs and, with a wary glance around at the wide expanse of nature, follows the doctor.

Go with the doctor's plan for now.

Spoiler: ooc (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2018, 11:59:09 pm »

It's going to take me a bit before I get to the next turn. Festivities tomorrow, and the day after will probably be spent sleeping it off. Sorry.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Mission 1: Trouble In Paradise [Turn 2]
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2018, 01:46:49 am »

Turn 2 Begins

Take a nice little robo nap inside Antony's pack while I wait for things to happen.
01111010 01111010 01111010 00101110 00101110 00101110 00100000 01110011 01101100 01100101 01100101 01110000 01111001 00101110

The OPR enjoys a quaint little nap. Hopefully, this is isn't the calm before the storm.

Hunker down to make myself even smaller, then use the shadows to work my way in. Try and get a clear picture of my path ahead of me, obstacles, cameras, etc.
[3+1]Nix hunkers down, closely hugging the ground, and sneaks his way forward. He notices no clear obstacles. In fact, everything seems a bit too easy.
[4vs6]At this thought, he feels an enormous presence in front of him. No... behind him. To his left, to his right. Inside...him? Realizing this, it seems to flicker and vanish completely.

From the evidence so far, it seems a bit shy.

Alright, I'll take Plugs and Octobot and follow the hills, to get a look at the back of the estate. Meanwhile, I'll set up a mantra to keep out brainslugs and whatnot.

The Doctor double-checks that the Octobot is secure in his pocket; it is. Plugs, the Doctor (and the OPR, by extension) make their way toward the back at a good pace.

About half way there, the Doctor swears he sees something cross his vision...
[4vs6]And just barely dodges an incoming strike from some sort of scorpion-like tail. It strikes the dirt instead, causing an abnormally strong shockwave to resonate through the Doctor's feet and knock him over. Rolling over to face his attacker, the Doctor finds nothing confronting him at all, suddenly becoming aware of the fact that something just left his presence. Neither of his companions sensed a thing, save for the shockwave.

Listen to the man.
Osmond of High Rock tails his ally as he makes his way, shadowing him carefully. He sees everything Nix does, just from a few feet higher.

After searching for an entrance I reunite with everyone else.
Sharkwire traces back to Nix, feeling a strange presence trailing him as well. He quickly flips back around, facing his assailant with both pistols ready-
Nobody is behind him. What the hell is going on? Must be some kind of malfunctioning wetware... he should ask the Corporation about any upgrades they may have be needed before the next mission, if he gets the chance. Continuing on his way, he meets up with Osmond and Nix a few feet from the side window. They could enter this way if they so chose.

Turn 2 Ends

Footnote: Thanks, Yoink! I really try.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2018, 02:38:31 am »

"Anybody else feel something...watching us?"

"Whoever you are, come out. We won't hurt you. We just want to know who we're dealing with."

Try and convince this presence to reveal itself.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2018, 07:05:33 am »

"Octobot, come out and scan the surroundings. Use all passive scanners for now. I'm not sure what we are looking for, but we've been found. It seems ethereal, and dangerous. Plugs ... stay close, but not too close. Bout fifteen feet away for now."

The Doctor will open up his senses to the world around him, looking for the source of the threat, but ready both to dodge physically and to fight mentally against any intruder. He'll alert his companions as to what he knows of the threat so far.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2018, 10:18:24 am »

"Understood. Scanning now. Shall I use deadly force?"

Climb out of Antony's pack, observe the surroundings. Unholster pistol.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 03:29:58 pm by Egan_BW »

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2018, 05:09:38 pm »

"Anybody else feel something...watching us?"

"Whoever you are, come out. We won't hurt you. We just want to know who we're dealing with."

Try and convince this presence to reveal itself.

What is it? What's going on?

Assume a defensive stance, raise my shield. Be vigilant.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29