Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll: Do you mind if I shift how Talents work in favor of a superior system to the +X?

Please keep it the way it is
- 0 (0%)
Go ahead
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 06, 2018, 02:21:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29

Author Topic: Murder, Inc. - Mission 2: Foul Play [Turn 40] (Defunct)  (Read 41860 times)

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Mission 2: Foul Play [Turn 34]
« Reply #390 on: August 17, 2018, 09:04:16 pm »

Turn 34 Begins

Damn it. It's a trap!

"Jack, we're leaving. Also, knit me some animal plushes. Big scary ones."
Jack pauses for a moment.

"Hey, how about you actually tell me what's going in? What's with the book? And the traps? You're keeping me in the dark here, and I'm not just gonna go along with what you say if you don't tell me what's happening. That's not how I do things."

He looks around, and begins to knit animal plushies. If he is successful, he doesn't give them to Mana just yet, demanding some form of explanation.
Jack nods, giving the plushies over to mana, of course, if he is successful.

"Alright. I'll trust you with this."
"K. Now which way are our party members"

Ask the book what direction they are, and lead us to them.
Now that he's been let in on the situation, Jack begins to frantically knit animal plushes. [5+1]The floor is soon littered with with numerous somewhat half-baked plushes in the shape of "menacing" animals, such as small crocodiles, hounds, lions, and snakes. In total there are two of each, adding up to eight total.

Mana asks another question of the enchanted book, receiving an answer almost immediately. [2]Rather than said answer being pertinent to her question, she instead finds the pages are filled with an endless amount of blurbs written in third person by someone (or something?) named Arcodo. Looks like they're on their own for now.

Behind both of them, a previously locked door swings open to reveal total darkness.
I'll head towards the exit. Look for anyone else in the group to join up with - this is really, really bad.

While his teammates aren't terribly unnerved by this turn of events, Osmond feels as though he needs to leave immediately. He babbles briefly to those around him about something being "wrong" before bolting from his seat toward the nearest exit- in this case, the way back to the lobby. Just as Osmond vacates the auditorium, Nix finds his way back to the box and takes a seat next to Antony. On the stage, the "coronation" appears to be near its end. The "king" stands to make a speech. True to form, nobody hears a thing.

The disquieting chill sweeping over the audience gets progressively more intense as moments go by, until it's so palpable that the air itself seems to thicken. The curtains close on the stage. Instantly, the petrifying sensation in the air returns to whatever horrid place it originated from. The audience(save for those in the box seats)clap and holler uproariously.

The Sellswords find themselves wondering just how long that lasted- it seemed for what was perhaps only a moment that the boundaries of time itself twisted and frayed.

Turn 34 Ends
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 17, 2018, 11:10:58 pm »

"So....um, Anuvo's agreed to meet with our benefactor, so we can tick that off the figurative box. Did I, erm, miss anything?"

Try to see what the main assassination target is up to, in his box.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 18, 2018, 12:29:24 am »

"Some magic timeshifting bullshit from the stage, and Osmond is bugging out. No, I don't mean he's growing an exoskeleton and segmented eyes, I mean he's trying to leave before the magic shit eats our souls, or whatever it's going to do. Glad we've got the secondary out of the way, more or less.

Wait, he agreed to meet with Frost Nips? Like, after the mission? So he's still gonna complete his current mission then."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 18, 2018, 01:23:06 am »

"If he agrees to the letter of what we talked about, he won't get in our way. Hopefully. He was very agitated throughout the whole thing, attempted to eat me."
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 18, 2018, 01:48:20 am »

"He did? Did you survive?"

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 18, 2018, 02:15:04 am »

"I'll let you know when we finish the mission. Although that reminds me, once we get back, I do need to install some micro-bombs inside my body that will activate upon my death."
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 18, 2018, 02:42:53 am »

"How horrible. Back at base? With the competent doctors? What will I do then? I thought they hired me as a bodysmith, you know. turns out, they only love me because I'm rabid. a shame. a real shame. I could probably get almost a dozen bombs in you without more than two or three going off, if it came to that."

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 18, 2018, 03:20:22 pm »

"Hmm... I suppose I was just being paranoid. Still, this... this doesn't seem to bode well.

Return to the box, look for any way I could access Azirkan's box.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 19, 2018, 10:28:36 am »

--pm conversation
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 10:46:38 am by TricMagic »

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Mission 2: Foul Play [Turn 35]
« Reply #399 on: August 19, 2018, 01:31:36 pm »

Turn 35 Begins

"So....um, Anuvo's agreed to meet with our benefactor, so we can tick that off the figurative box. Did I, erm, miss anything?"

Try to see what the main assassination target is up to, in his box.
Nix picks up the same opera glasses from earlier and gazes toward Azirkan's box. From what he can see, the honor guard and Azirkan both are quite unnerved by the phenomena the first portion of the play brought. Many have already drawn their weapons and are waiting for orders from Azirkan. The hobgoblin commander looks more than little dazed as he stares at what seems to be thin air. There's quite a commotion going on...
"Hmm... I suppose I was just being paranoid. Still, this... this doesn't seem to bode well.

Return to the box, look for any way I could access Azirkan's box.
Before heading back to his box, Osmond tries to find a route that could take him to Azirkan's. It would seem only logical that there is a branching hallway somewhere around here that takes him to the right side of the theatre's box seats, since that's how he got to the Murder Inc box. It doesn't take Osmond long to find such a hall. Outside the third farthest of the curtains opening into the box seats are two uniformed men that look the part of personal guards. Now that he's done that, Osmond returns to his comrades and takes a seat next to Nix. It goes without saying that even trying to enter Azirkan's box would be interpreted as a hostile action.

On the stage, there is plenty of noise coming from behind the curtains. What's going on is anyone's guess.

Turn 35 Ends
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 06:01:46 pm by Mallos »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 19, 2018, 05:52:55 pm »

"Whatever's going on, Azirkan and his people don't seem to be behind it. They're just as surprised as we are."

"Where is everyone else? If we're going to strike, we need to do it together or we'll get gunned down."
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 19, 2018, 06:02:27 pm »

Aw, damn. I messed up the bbcode for the quote. Fixed it. Glad you could tell what was going on anyway

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 20, 2018, 06:27:21 am »

"I'm not sure. Last I saw them was before we came in. Just you two and me around, it seems. Hey, maybe Azarkin will react to whatever's going on on stage. That could give us opportunities."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 20, 2018, 06:42:32 am »

Ask a concierge for a note and write on that note "If you are in the booth, stay here. Coordinate strike soon." Make sure the note is clearly visible to anyone entering the booth. Try and find the other members of the team.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 20, 2018, 08:43:31 am »

I'll follow Nix.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29