Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll: Do you mind if I shift how Talents work in favor of a superior system to the +X?

Please keep it the way it is
- 0 (0%)
Go ahead
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 06, 2018, 02:21:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29

Author Topic: Murder, Inc. - Mission 2: Foul Play [Turn 40] (Defunct)  (Read 42011 times)

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Mission 2: Foul Play [Turn 35]
« Reply #405 on: August 20, 2018, 09:15:53 pm »

Alright, so as a bit of an OOC "between-turns" thing, I've been thinking about the issues with the current way Talents work. I recall a system in which every extra level in a certain skill you have gives you an additional dice roll, of which the most favorable result is selected- this means you aren't more likely to overshoot an action just because you have more skill in it, and means that it is possible for you to fail terribly even if you have skill in something.

I've set up a poll at the top for everyone to let me know how they feel about this change, and whether they're alright with it.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 20, 2018, 09:41:41 pm »

I'm unable to vote in that poll, but I would be in favor of a change. Consider reading the RTD system musings of the spooky skeleton and myself over this-a-way.
Please? They're musings I've thought a lot about. Your system is fine too I guess.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 20, 2018, 10:24:55 pm »

I'm unable to vote in that poll, but I would be in favor of a change. Consider reading the RTD system musings of the spooky skeleton and myself over this-a-way.
Please? They're musings I've thought a lot about. Your system is fine too I guess.
I quite like the 3d6 system you outlined as well. I think I'd actually prefer to use that, instead.

Also, I don't know what's up with the poll. Voting is unlocked and everything, so I guess just post if you have any objections.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 20, 2018, 10:30:42 pm »

Aheh. I assume no responsibility if 3d6 turns out to be horribly broken in any way in a longer-form game, having used it only for one-shots.
I mean, I did make that one system and convinced MidnightJaguar to use it that one time, and it DID result in all the PCs dying. But I understand dice better now! I think!

Uh, that sounds discouraging. I don't want to discourage you from using my system. It's my baby, and we get valuable ‼science‼ out of it.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 20, 2018, 10:50:20 pm »

Aheh. I assume no responsibility if 3d6 turns out to be horribly broken in any way in a longer-form game, having used it only for one-shots.
I mean, I did make that one system and convinced MidnightJaguar to use it that one time, and it DID result in all the PCs dying. But I understand dice better now! I think!

Uh, that sounds discouraging. I don't want to discourage you from using my system. It's my baby, and we get valuable ‼science‼ out of it.
And now I'm not so sure.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 21, 2018, 06:40:58 am »

I vote -shrug-

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Mission 2: Foul Play [Turn 36]
« Reply #411 on: August 22, 2018, 12:59:28 am »

Turn 36 Begins

Ask a concierge for a note and write on that note "If you are in the booth, stay here. Coordinate strike soon." Make sure the note is clearly visible to anyone entering the booth. Try and find the other members of the team.
I'll follow Nix.
Nix manages to grab the attention of a passing attendant once more. The note he writes is displayed on the back of one of the chairs, so that anyone entering will see it immediately. With this done, the hobbit and Osmond rise from their seats and leave the booth to search for the rest of the team. They leave through the same way they entered and find themselves in the lobby once more. Unlike before, the lobby is vacant and quiet as the grave.

Back in the box, Antony looks on with hazy eyes as the curtains on the stage draw open. This time, the scene depicted is that of an execution. A man and a woman are lined up next to each other on a gallows as a marshal of some sort reads out their crimes to a gathered crowd. "The accused have been found guilty in the eyes of our King for as follows; Sedition, conspiracy to assassinate the High King of Etherea, and unsanctioned practice of theurgy."

Upon finishing, the marshal looks to the crowd, which the King in question stands at the head of. An approving gesture is returned in the form of a solemn nod. From the gallows, the sneering man spits numerous curses until the ground gives out from under him. The bitter man's thrashing doesn't last long, and as the marshal reaches for the other lever to commence the next execution, the king holds up a single hand. "Let her down. One is enough", they say in a weak voice. If she feels any relief at the noose being loosened, her vacant eyes and fearful pallor certainly don't betray it.

Turn 36 Ends

OOC: Alright, that's done. Secret turns will be finished in a moment. Class has started again as well, so expect me to take longer on these- it isn't a matter of effort, but time. Oh, and I've decided to change to the system I outlined before- your Talent Points now amount to extra dice, of which the most favorable result is selected.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 07:36:17 am by Mallos »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 22, 2018, 07:02:54 am »

Same on my end now.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 22, 2018, 08:18:42 am »

Pay close attention to the executed. Is it clearly a performance, or does the body display the telltale signs of actually having been hanged?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 22, 2018, 07:32:50 pm »

"Something's wrong here."

Continue to search for the rest of the team. Try to avoid being seen by anyone other than my fellow assassins.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 23, 2018, 04:03:59 pm »

Follow, keep my head down.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Mission 2: Foul Play [Turn 37]
« Reply #416 on: August 25, 2018, 06:24:38 pm »

Turn 37 Begins

Pay close attention to the executed. Is it clearly a performance, or does the body display the telltale signs of actually having been hanged?
While the play drags on, Antony lifts the pair of opera glasses Nix left behind to his eyes and examines the hung actor. Their body seems to have gone totally limp- this, combined with the fact that their chest is no longer rising and falling leaves Antony to conclude that the actor has died.

Meanwhile, the "crowd" splits into two groups and exit through the left and right sides of the stage. Only the marshal(and his men), the woman, and the king are left. "I should have you drawn and quartered for what you did, but I can not find such hatred for you in my heart." As the marshal helps the woman to her feet, she spits in the king's general direction. He frowns slightly in response before opening his mouth to speak once more. "I see. I'll spare you my lecture, then." He gestures for the marshal's attention. "Take her to the Edge." The marshal nods slowly. "So be it, m'lord. And what of the deceased?" There is a momentary pause as the king mulls this over. "Burn the body and scatter its ashes in the waters of the North, that it never rises in treason nor sullies the earth with its venomous presence."

Antony glances over to Azirkan's box on a whim to find that many of the guards are entranced by the play. He scans over the crowd to see if this effect extends to them. Row after row of the viewers are slowly rocking back and forth, perfectly in time with one another.
"Something's wrong here."

Continue to search for the rest of the team. Try to avoid being seen by anyone other than my fellow assassins.
Follow, keep my head down.
PM'd.

Turn 37 Ends

OOC: Most of the actions this turn were secret, or turned secret. Apologies if this irks anyone, but it's always been my favorite way to prevent metagaming.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Mission 2: Foul Play [Turn 38]
« Reply #417 on: August 27, 2018, 06:17:03 am »

Turn 38 Begins

Antony sits in silence, watching the play unfold. The actors are staring one another down- all the while, the entranced crowd fidgets with increasing agitation. Like before, a powerful presence descends upon the playgoers. The "king" on stage opens his mouth to speak but is promptly cut off by a scream from one of the boxes. The good doctor jerks his head toward the source of the sound.

The horrible screeching is coming from a prim-and-proper looking woman, likely in her mid-30s. She scratches and claws at her own face as an attendant attempts to restrain her. This effort is utterly thwarted when she jabs a finger into his eye and, before he can recover, throws herself over the edge of the box. A sickening crack echoes throughout the otherwise silent auditorium.

The silence is ephemeral, though, and is swiftly replaced by a cacophony of frenzied yelling and shouting. Everything descends into utter chaos; the actors on stage leap off toward the crowd to join in the chorus of violence as blow after blow is exchanged between the once-docile crowd of affluent play-goers. Their rage knows no bounds and encourages them to bite, claw, and gouge anyone in their way. The only people in the entire auditorium that haven't fallen prey to this compulsive conflict are those in Azirkan's box and Antony himself, the former of which are readying their weapons and seemingly preparing to exit.

Anuvo looks to Antony from across the theater, clearly amused at this turn of events, before mouthing the words "Perfect timing."

Turn 38 Ends

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Mission 2: Foul Play [Turn 38]
« Reply #418 on: August 27, 2018, 06:34:22 am »

"Huh. Boss lady Frost Nips isn't gonna like that."

Antony waves a farewell at Anuvo and his cohorts, then heads outside for some fresh air and not being murdered.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Mission 2: Foul Play [Turn 39]
« Reply #419 on: August 31, 2018, 03:00:18 pm »

"Huh. Boss lady Frost Nips isn't gonna like that."

Antony waves a farewell at Anuvo and his cohorts, then heads outside for some fresh air and not being murdered.
The drunken doctor decides this isn't worth the effort and heads calmly for the exit. The lobby and halls are, to his pleasant surprise, empty. He has no trouble exiting out the lobby and into the urban daylight.

Meanwhile, across the auditorium, Anuvo prepares to off Azirkan as part of the deal he made with Nix. The honor guard clear out into the lobby with little trouble, as the other playgoers are preoccupied with ripping each other apart. The squad enters the lobby and Anuvo takes this opportunity to deal with them. Ever since he agreed to kill Azirkan, he'd been cultivating a rapidly progressing disease in his cells that could be transferred by aerosol. The fickle Anuvo draws in a deep breath and coughs all over his squadmates, profusely apologizing at their disgusted reactions. Their fate is all but sealed.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29