Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll: Do you mind if I shift how Talents work in favor of a superior system to the +X?

Please keep it the way it is
- 0 (0%)
Go ahead
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 06, 2018, 02:21:31 pm

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29

Author Topic: Murder, Inc. - Mission 2: Foul Play [Turn 40] (Defunct)  (Read 42068 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Mission 1: Trouble In Paradise [Turn 2]
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2018, 07:07:54 am »

"Understood. Scanning now. Shall I use deadly force?"

Climb out of Antony's pack, observe the surroundings. Unholster pistol. If a disturbance is spotted, engage.
"Only after you've identified the threat and can determine that you have a reasonable chance of doing it significant harm. Until then, the noise will be an issue, and the shots may be wasted ammo.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2018, 03:29:47 pm »

"Do you suspect that the target is armored against small arms?"
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2018, 04:28:56 pm »

"Something like that. Now hush, I need to concentrate."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2018, 06:30:58 am »

"Octobot, come out and scan the surroundings. Use all passive scanners for now. I'm not sure what we are looking for, but we've been found. It seems ethereal, and dangerous. Plugs ... stay close, but not too close. Bout fifteen feet away for now."
Standing the prescribed distance away, Plugs shrugs.
"Seems to me like the best thing to do here is move fast - I don't reckon whatever-it-is is gonna get friendlier the longer we take."

Go with the doctor's plan for now, but express impatience. Prepare to leap away from any psychic fuckery that may target me.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2018, 07:24:08 am »

"might have a point."

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2018, 10:44:14 am »

just waiting for my friendo's turn

he should be up soon
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2018, 07:50:01 pm »

Name: Haraki Mugetsu Shiranui, or Araki for friends.
Species/Race: Human.
Talents: Combat, Drawing
Trait: Can become invisible while in darkness.
Inventory: a Kusarigama, 10 shurikens and a Wakizashi.
Bio: Araki was trained from birth to be the ultimate killing machine, he was taught the most secret techniques of his clan, too bad they didn't know he wanted to be a mangaka when they taught him the NIGERUNDAYO, he soon joined the group because he needed more money to buy better drawing tools for his masterpiece: Gyo Gyo's Strange Shenanigans.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 08:32:06 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2018, 09:53:08 pm »

Bio: Araki was trained from birth to be the ultimate killing machine, he was taught the most secret techniques of his clan, too bad they didn't know he wanted to be a mangaka when they taught him the NIGERUNDAYO, he soon joined the group because he needed more money to buy better drawing tools for his masterpiece: Gyo Gyo's Strange Shenanigans.

What a beautiful Jojoke. chew.

Accept.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2018, 10:03:10 pm »

Accept.
When do I AWAKEN MY MASTERS start?

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2018, 10:15:56 pm »

Accept.
When do I AWAKEN MY MASTERS start?

When someone dies to the Unspeakable, TricMagic will get in. The person that dies afterward swaps with you.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murder, Inc. - Mission 1: Trouble In Paradise [Turn 3]
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2018, 11:56:22 pm »

Turn 3 Begins.

"Anybody else feel something...watching us?"

"Whoever you are, come out. We won't hurt you. We just want to know who we're dealing with."

Try and convince this presence to reveal itself.
[6+1]Nix knows that whatever it is he's dealing with is much, much bigger than him. It may even be able to interpret language, so he decides to utilize one of his talents; talking down a hostile entity using diplomacy.
In response to his words, the air stirs before a violent screaming noise rips through the air. The hobbit turns to face the source, and sees something truly horrifying. The beast before him is part wolf, part man. It's flesh seems to be constantly on the verge of sloughing off, constantly shifting and twisting, but never quite coming loose. Five enormous tails protrude from it's hunched flanks, tipped with vicious stingers dripping an acidic ichor that fills the air with the smell of sulfur. As it's terrible gaze meets Nix's, the Unspeakable bursts into flames.

[1]Nix's eyes begin to bleed profusely, and it's becoming hard to see.

"Octobot, come out and scan the surroundings. Use all passive scanners for now. I'm not sure what we are looking for, but we've been found. It seems ethereal, and dangerous. Plugs ... stay close, but not too close. Bout fifteen feet away for now."

The Doctor will open up his senses to the world around him, looking for the source of the threat, but ready both to dodge physically and to fight mentally against any intruder. He'll alert his companions as to what he knows of the threat so far.
[4]Taking in a deep breath, Antony tries to sense the Unspeakable through seeking it's rather unique presence. It's no longer near him, that's for sure. To verify this, he takes a slow look at the area around him before spotting something terrible standing near Nix, Osmond, and Wireshark. As he notices it, he feels a bit sick to his stomach. Something tells him he should never meet the creature's eyes, and he informs his two companions that they should be wary of the same.

"Understood. Scanning now. Shall I use deadly force?"

Climb out of Antony's pack, observe the surroundings. Unholster pistol.
The Octopode climbs out of Antony's pack, sitting on the ground and unholstering it's pistol. [2]Even after powering on it's sensors, the OPR fails to figure out anything  about it's surroundings that isn't already known. It knows where the Unspeakable has manifested, but only because the Doctor already figured out.

"Anybody else feel something...watching us?"

"Whoever you are, come out. We won't hurt you. We just want to know who we're dealing with."

Try and convince this presence to reveal itself.

What is it? What's going on?

Assume a defensive stance, raise my shield. Be vigilant.
Raising his shield, Osmond sees the beast reveal itself the moment it does. He then jumps out in front of Nix and prepares to counter any attacks made by the Unspeakable. At this apparent sign of aggression, the beast leaps at Osmond, both claws ready to tear him apart. [5vs6]Osmond of High Rock feels a sharp pain as his enemy's claws sunder his shield, the shock of the blow shattering the bones in his left arm at the same time. However, his foe feels an intense pain as well- it skewered itself on Osmond's held out sword when it pounced at him. Blood spews from both their wounds, tinting the country grass below them a deep crimson. Through the overwhelming pain, Osmond can feel his forearm slowly stitching itself up, the bone very gradually beginning to piece itself back together.

Standing the prescribed distance away, Plugs shrugs.
"Seems to me like the best thing to do here is move fast - I don't reckon whatever-it-is is gonna get friendlier the longer we take."

Go with the doctor's plan for now, but express impatience. Prepare to leap away from any psychic fuckery that may target me.
Plugs follows the Doctor's plan to a T, but clearly doesn't approve of it. However, their assailant is currently preoccupied with the other group- a fact that Plugs soon notes when Antony points it out. He turns to observe the beginning of the fight breaking out, cringing slightly as the cacophony of Osmond's cracking forearm mingled with bestial cries of pain echo through the quiet country air.

Turn 3 Ends.

Whew. Almost didn't type up the update when I did (chemical imbalance acting up), but I'm glad I got it out of the way. I've decided to only post Updated sheets at the end of each turn.
Please let me know what you do/don't like about these turns, and I'll consider any suggestions.

Spoiler: Rethi-Eli, Updated (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL, Updated (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Unspeakable (click to show/hide)

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2018, 12:04:44 am »

Aaugh! Wretched beast!

Drop the shield. It's not like I could use a broken shield even without a mangled arm. Twist and wrench my blade about while shoving it deeper into the beast's innards. Pray that backpack robot will shoot it until it dies dead.

In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2018, 12:17:16 am »

Plugs stares at the fracas before him for just a moment, eyebrows raised, then lurches into action - in a direction perpendicular to the battle.   
"Bugger that for a joke," he mutters over his shoulder to the doctor and the spidery death-frisbee, shaking his head as he increases his pace, "Do what you want, but I'm gonna get movin'. I reckon ya'd best do the same while that thing's bein' kept busy."

The monster is attacking the others somewhat closer to the estate, correct?
I will circle around in the opposite direction from them in search of a service entrance or a potential way over the walls, slowing down and doing my best to be silent as I near the compound - although I doubt I'll see many signs of life anyway.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2018, 12:20:08 am »

"THAT...was very...fuckme...painful. I REALLY didn't appreciate that."

Try and continue to use my words to distract the Unspeakable so my teammates can do something about it.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2018, 01:02:22 am »

"Target is apparently vulnerable to physical damage. Forming a termination solution."

Determine what parts, if any, of the creature are immediately vital to its continued threat. Produce a firing solution, and fire. If vital points are covered by armor sufficient to make pistol fire ineffective, evaluate for any gaps in the armor that may be exploited by a blade. If any are found, close to melee range, climb the opponent, and stab at vulnerabilities with knife.
If no practical termination solution is found, retreat to a spot away from the fight, where I may observe the target over a longer period of time until a termination solution is found.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29