Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: A Drab Plane Game of Gods [Godgame][1/10][NOT first come first serve][brackets!]  (Read 2966 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile

IC HERE
Plane Maths: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LaOHXu6aRIHhvnJOIJIWvZHDINlJh-aAjsb-M84eVA4/edit?usp=sharing
Plane Texts: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gQx6JuMZ4Ry5sLKyojUDJB0Y5FkzDBZLM_m-zAEXRFo/edit?usp=sharing
Discord: https://discord.gg/2N9pxBC [#mics-plane]

Against my better judgement, here's an experimental godgame that may or may not be ended after 10 turns depending on how well these mechanics hold up.

-----

The universe is new, its denizens young. For eons the plates moved and shifted, sustained by the nurture of the planes that fed it and insured. In time, life did grow, and from life grew the first intellect.

From that intellect, the gods were called to creation, like flies to a corpse.

Such began the Age of the Gods, the Games of the Divine, and the Usurpation of the Material by the Immaterial deities.

-----

So basically, this is a godgame where the gods are in control of the Material Plane/Reality/Creation/The Place Where the Sun Does Shine. All other planes are under the command of other entities or otherwise uncontrollable by the gods. Gods are semiphysical beings that have both a corporeal body, as well as a metaphysical soul that is kept in their Vault. A god cannot die as long as they have their Vault. Gods are creatures of Essence and use Essence to sustain themselves as well as act on Creation. Gods are very powerful beings, but rely on Essence for survival.

The world is already formed and has survived for many millions of years without divine intervention. Sapient life has only emerged very recently.

Spoiler: Planes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Duel of Gods (click to show/hide)

Character Sheet
Name:
Appearance:
Starting Sphere(s):
Age: Newborn (Born in the universe, gets an amniotic sac worth 20 Essence), Middling (Born Elsewhere, start with 2 spheres)
All gods start with 20E

« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 12:29:26 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Drab Plane Game of Gods [Godgame]
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 03:39:14 am »

Reserved
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 03:39:52 am »

Reserved
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 03:56:04 am »

Gah, micelus, why do you do this to me? Observing with interest for now, but tempted to join....

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 03:57:39 am »

Spoiler: Sheet of Many Uses (click to show/hide)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2018, 04:08:15 am »

two quick questions:

So, what do acts do in the context of the game? I see we're supposed to form pacts to get them, or convert them from essence, but i'm not quite sure what exactly they do.

Second, are we gonna be playing on a map? I notice you didn't include one in the OP

always happy to playtest new systems, i'll be back later to make a god.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2018, 04:09:58 am »

two quick questions:

So, what do acts do in the context of the game? I see we're supposed to form pacts to get them, or convert them from essence, but i'm not quite sure what exactly they do.

Second, are we gonna be playing on a map? I notice you didn't include one in the OP

Whoops. All mentions of Acts should be replaced with Essence.

Map? You don't need a map! They just help visualise things. Map may be made depending on how busy/not busy I am.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2018, 04:29:52 am »

two quick questions:

Whoops. All mentions of Acts should be replaced with Essence.

Map? You don't need a map! They just help visualise things. Map may be made depending on how busy/not busy I am.

Litty, So, i'm guessing pacts are used to increase essence income?

Spoiler: char sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 04:38:25 am by ggamer »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope! You use Pacts to use someone/something else's source of Essence without using your own. So e.g. let's say you have a Pact with the Plane of Fire. Lets say this iteration of Fire represents Elemental Fire, Destruction, and Renewal. You get X amount of Essence that can only be used for actions related to those spheres. This Essence isn't added to your Essence pool and unused Pact Essence isn't carried over between turns. I should explain this better in the OP.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, it's generic, sue me. I don't think an honest-to-bone archetype was done in a while so there.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 01:25:32 pm by Ardas »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

Reserved, might add a sheet soon
Black lives matter.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, hmm.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Long Live United Forenia!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

Name: Fyiania
Appearance: Corn
Starting Sphere(s): Topsoil

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: Fyiania
Appearance: Corn
Starting Sphere(s): Topsoil

all fear the reign of FYIANIA, Tyrant of Corn, Maize, and all cultivars related

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Question - can divines create other divines? Also, is there any benefit to having pantheons or worshippers, or is essence just plane stuff?
Pages: [1] 2 3