Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: Fallout 76  (Read 33000 times)

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fallout 76
« on: May 30, 2018, 11:02:36 am »

Bethesda has released a trailer for their upcoming fallout game, Fallout 76 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ye84Zrqndo

The song mentions west Virginia, so that's a pretty good hint about where it is set.

We should learn more about it on June 10th at E3.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 76
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 11:15:04 am »

... so what happened to 5 through 75?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 11:20:20 am »

Bethesda has also invented time travel and it took them that many tries to get something as good as New Vegas. :P

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 11:28:26 am »

They're saying they're taking the series in a new direction. Withholding any hype until I know what that's about.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 11:29:06 am »

It's a reference to Vault 76, which was a control vault that opened 20 (and changed to 25) years after Earth got nuked to hell.

I was under the impression Bethesda was working on a new IP as opposed to the next Fallout or Elder Scrolls game, so I don't feel like this is "Fallout 5", but I could be wrong. We'll find out in a week or so when Bethesda releases more details at E3.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 11:36:48 am »

Yeah, it's supposed to be the first vault (or one of the very first vaults) to open.

I really, really wouldn't be surprised if this is an FPS instead of an RPG. I can't imagine they'd bring out another full blown Fallout RPG so soon after 4, but I can imagine them doing a story focused game.

EDIT: Probably most likely to be an MMORPG. Whilst I take anything Kotaku says with several freight trains of salt, they said: "although the studio hasn’t yet said what it is, we hear it’s an online game of some sort."

Sounds a lot more likely to be honest. Urgh.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 11:40:28 am by Retropunch »
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2018, 11:39:38 am »

I believe the former Battlecry studios are supposedly part of this project, in which case I suspect it might be MMO-related since they probably have a fair amount of stuff from the canned Battlecry project that can be repurposed.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2018, 11:43:01 am »

It's probable they are recycling assets from FO4, which could also explain how it got done this fast
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2018, 11:49:48 am »

The game itself has already been leaked by its playtesters and industry insiders:

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1001832458164285442

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's basically a multiplayer Rust-style game.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2018, 01:15:26 pm »

i honestly wouldn't mind a survival game based off of Fallout 4.

the only question is are they willing to take all the good parts of other survival games (looking at you, conan exiles) and make a great game that requires no expansion or DLC or are they gonna put out a mediocre survival game and join the herd?
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2018, 01:30:22 pm »

Well that's enough to let me know I can safely ignore this, thanks.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2018, 01:46:02 pm »

“Melee combat battle Royale” and “base builder” don’t exactly mesh together. I doubt that’s all true, honestly. But we’ll see.

Full trailer is June 10th, two days before E3. I’ll keep my opinions reserved until then.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2018, 02:07:45 pm »

Anon calling it a Fallout-themed Rust knockoff sounds right on the money.

I'd say I can't believe they were stupid enough to greenlight development on this shit, but the evidence speaks for itself.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2018, 03:17:06 pm »

It’s a bit early to judge this from the supposed leaks Umiman posted. All we know for sure is that it won’t be a mainline RPG, and is set ~20 years after the bombs fell. Which is fine, since it’s not like this is instead of Fallout 5.

The stuff in the spoilers is full of contradictory information. Spoiler 1 says game focused around FO4 basebuilding.
Spoiler 2 says rust knockoff. Sure; if they do make it basebuilding-centered, this may be a viable take. I mean, it’s still unreliable information and is an opinion from a single person, but hey.
Spoiler 3 is where it goes off the deep end. The first part is okay; it’s just the name and the mention of a location. But then it starts talking about a melee-focused battle royale set in different parts of the world. Which conflicts with the “Vault 76” thing the game is named after, and the earlier information about the location, the fact that it’s Fallout-based, and with everything else. “Rust knockoff” and “basebuilder” are mutually exclusive with “melee battle royale”.

Again, though. I think it’s pointless to form such strong opinions from a basic teaser trailer and contradicting non-reliable leaks.

Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2018, 03:27:15 pm »

fortnite started as a zombie basebuilder, too
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18