Other Projects > Curses

Some sort of Crime Squad, I guess

<< < (6/11) > >>

cdru:
Looks promising. I can't wait for it to be released

The Cheshire Cat:

--- Quote from: Taberone on July 08, 2018, 07:22:15 pm ---So since this is set in 2025, I'm assuming that the political content will be more up to date than the original LCS. LCS is kinda outdated when you compare it to American politics and stuff after 2016.

--- End quote ---

Or, if you look at it another way, kind of scarily topical. This is supposed to be a silly game! The US would never REALLY be taken over by fascists!

Jonathan S. Fox:
The game imagines a literal dictatorship as the inciting incident. I want the game to feel more modern and relevant to current events than the original, which was inspired by US politics in the early 2000s, but I also want to make sure it's still always expressing an exaggerated version of them. There's a kind of balance there and pushing the events into a dramatic collapse of democracy is the vision I have for how to do that.

I'm currently working on recruitment; I want to emphasize money much more in this version, with your recruits collecting a salary. Following this, you can bribe anyone to join, it's just a matter of how high of a price they'll sell out for, making the choice to recruit someone otherwise difficult to recruit a resource allocation challenge. People who agree with you are relatively cheap, people with more skills are more expensive, and enemies will expect a premium before they'll sell out. But even your allies will expect something; your persuasion isn't useless, it can help to bargain down the price, but nobody will join your cause to live in revolutionary poverty.

To this end, you can only recruit people up to what you can afford using your stable income. Robbing houses may give you disposable cash on hand for one time purchases, but ongoing expenses, such as rental costs for new safehouses, and salary for new recruits, will need to paid from stable income. At the start of the game, that's your trust fund, but you may feel the need to secure additional sources of income.

I should note it's probably going to be awhile! Progress is slow because, at least at the moment, I don't have any sort of schedule for working on this; it is currently just a thing I'm doing in a bit of my free time, when I feel inspired.

cdru:

--- Quote from: Jonathan S. Fox on July 15, 2018, 03:23:53 am ---your persuasion isn't useless, it can help to bargain down the price, but nobody will join your cause to live in revolutionary poverty.

--- End quote ---
What about Seduction and Psychology, though?

Azerty:

--- Quote from: Jonathan S. Fox on July 15, 2018, 03:23:53 am ---I'm currently working on recruitment; I want to emphasize money much more in this version, with your recruits collecting a salary. Following this, you can bribe anyone to join, it's just a matter of how high of a price they'll sell out for, making the choice to recruit someone otherwise difficult to recruit a resource allocation challenge. People who agree with you are relatively cheap, people with more skills are more expensive, and enemies will expect a premium before they'll sell out. But even your allies will expect something; your persuasion isn't useless, it can help to bargain down the price, but nobody will join your cause to live in revolutionary poverty.

To this end, you can only recruit people up to what you can afford using your stable income. Robbing houses may give you disposable cash on hand for one time purchases, but ongoing expenses, such as rental costs for new safehouses, and salary for new recruits, will need to paid from stable income. At the start of the game, that's your trust fund, but you may feel the need to secure additional sources of income.
--- End quote ---

It is not be a novelty since we used to have to pay for house expenses, modulated by the Cooking skill. It might solve the Money For Nothing issue and make user use more disposable persons (Hippies, Illegals), love slaves and maybe kidnapped persons.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version