Other Projects > Curses

Some sort of Crime Squad, I guess

<< < (8/11) > >>

Taberone:

--- Quote from: Stalin Was a Gamer on September 28, 2018, 05:49:35 am ---I'm getting so hyped already.  I always wanted an LCS written from the perspective of an actual leftist, which it sounds like you are from your insightful description of neoliberalism in the first place, although I don't want to assume anything.  I love LCS and Toady, but it smells like it was written by a liberal in the Bush era, one who thinks that fascism could never actually happen in America.  A world where horseshoe theory is real is already fertile grounds for satire.

Also, I really like how recruitment is limited by income, it not only sounds actually balanced in terms of gameplay but also like a great way to weave systems and narrative together.  Similarly, now that there are no elected representatives, do you have any idea yet how the NCS will affect change if not by getting people elected to change laws?  Are you cooking up an entirely new system to measure game progress by?  I can't wait.

--- End quote ---

To be fair, the original LCS was uh... Early 2000's or something? Really was Bush era. The political aspects of it are very dated in a way, when you compare it to politics during the 2016 elections and after.

Tomasque:
I'm excited. PTW!

PTTG??:
There will always be a LCS, and we will always need a slogan.

moderate guardian:
Maybe the game can be about forming a political action committee and can support candidates directly and spend money on funding campaigns and communicating messaging between the candidate and your political action committee as well as being able to collect dark money from special interests and running negative attack ads against other CONSERVATIVE candidates while supporting LIBERAL candidates. I like the idea of showing how the system works and how lobbyists have all the power and showing the effects of anticorruption laws making lobbyists and third party dark money have less effects on the candidates and elections.
I liked Fox's idea of bribing persons to join the squad, this would extend well to candidates and tv/radio pundits.

Cheedows:
This is genuinely really exciting and just found out about it today, looking forward to this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version