Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Could someone point me in the right direction with modding a raw?  (Read 1666 times)

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ok it has been some time since i have played dorf and i have forgotten some of the basics... my question is-- I have certain animals that i have caught and tamed, but they will not breed. i checked the raws for the creatures and they all have the child tag. is there something that i am missing or another line of code that i need to put in?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: Could someone point me in the right direction with modding a raw?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 01:04:59 am »

Post your actual code (perhaps in a Spoiler tag) if you need debugging help.  Otherwise what can anyone say other than yeah you probably messed it up :)  ?

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 01:18:01 am »

how would i know you would reply smak? lol me and you used to go on alot about df back in the day lol

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 01:27:07 am »

ok so i looked through the page you suggested, but i dont see anything that allows 2 animals to produce offspring, i may just be really out of the coding but i read one of my old posts and copied my old code that i had written for boulder crabs to produce eggs with females and flux stone with males, that code did work but it involved laying eggs, what would i have to do for  live birth?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 01:41:48 am »

Yes good to see some of the old guard around :) 

Anyway i have no idea, it's just guessing game if we can't see your code!  did you forget [FEMALE]? 

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 01:54:03 am »

i am in legacy df, i have been finding a lot of giant animals, giant hamster, giant gray langur, etc, i know they take the raws from the basic animals, just add the giant varient. now saying that i have checked the raws on the original creatures and they all have caste:female and child:#, are the giant variants sterile? or is there code that i need to add to the giant variety? so far i havent actually changed any code myself, to these variants just curious as to why they do not breed--- edit: all creatures both normal variety and giant have been caged for over 2 df years, neither have given offspring. other creatures have given offspring that i have tamed 
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 01:56:07 am by kreepergrimms »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2018, 02:33:06 am »

Aha, it's not a modded creature, sorry i misunderstood.  I think it's nothing about the raws, I don't believe creatures will breed while in a cage.  Put em in a pasture and see what happens?

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2018, 01:57:12 pm »

that goes along with my other problem i have been experiencing... i have several animal trainers with only the training enabled, with multiple creatues set to tame... my trainers stand around with no job and my creatures revert to wild state after a while, yes i have pasture set with animal training turned on, another weird behavior i have small 5x5 rooms with doors for egg laying creatures to lay eggs and be trained in, my trainers will say they are taming (creature) and be in one of those rooms while the (creature) is on the other side of the map