Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Dark Rolls - The Last RTD [5/6]  (Read 9102 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Rolls - The Last RTD [4/6]
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2018, 09:50:38 pm »

Erin, simply being confused, tries to get his bearings. He also tries to get a better look at the belltower.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2018, 10:54:22 am »

Turn 1

Well, when I said I wanted to learn of magic, I did not expect to awaken from my sleep here.. - Emir commented, carefully looking around. Ferreolus, ignorant to whatever just happened, decides to go "talk" with the fellow knight. And with talking, he means to communicate just using gestures and facial expressions. ...I wonder if this man knows where we are? - he thought. Having awaken in a strange place, Alexandra starts to freak out at first but slowly clams down. Erin, simply being confused, tries to get his bearings.

[6] The four started to move towards the knight. First Emir, with a hand ready to draw his dagger quickly if needed. He stayed a bit back - Better to be cautious. - he thought and remained silent, trying to determine what the knight is looking at. From this ledge, he could see forests, rocky wastelands, a mountain range and enormous glaciers far away. Ferreolus greeted the knight with a dignified bow. The crow knight stared at him, as if he was awaiting his question. Erin moved past them, up the path to the bell tower.

[5] Seeing that ferreolus couldn't properly communicate with the knight, Alexandra came closer to speak: Sir, do you know where we are? - she asked in a shy manner. The crow knight outstretched his hand, showing her the whole land, saying: Up the mountains! Isn't it a really pleasant view? It all looks so harmonious from high above, whereas it's a true chaos down there! - he paused. Looking at all the confused people around him, he continued: But this doesn't answer your question at all! I believe that this mountain range is called The Weathered Teeth. I wish I could tell you more about this realm, but alas, I'm a newcomer here myself! My name is Miles, and I am the crow knight of Erdhen. It was two weeks ago that I had arrived here. A great piece of my land, along with me and my people was brought to this strange place seemingly ovenight! What's more, it seems that this whole place is a huge mosaic composing of different lands blended together! - he stopped for a moment, got up and gained possession of his axe, then said: It was five days ago that I had decided to climb up here and see how this place looks like. Make a map. On my way to the peak, an earthquake struck and sent me plummeting down the slope! By sheer luck, I ended up on a tree that stood on the very same ledge that we are standing on right now! This was the first earthquake, and the weakest one. After taking some rest, I went up the path to the bell tower. It was empty and ruined, but the bell itself looked intact from afar. I was sure that I'm alone until I approached the tower's doorway! There was some strange and creepy presence emanating from within. It was watching my every move! I decided to leave the place immediately! This is when another earthquake striked! This one opened the way downwards to the cavern.

The crow knight pointed at the path going down. I went there immediately, seeking a way down, but there was something even scarier than the bell tower! A soul shrivelling darkness! I thought that the Rising Sun may aid me in traversing the cave, but I had lost my amulet during one of the earthquakes! I had returned and chopped down the tree with my axe, then made some improvised torches. However, the darkness in the caves was so powerful that it simply engulfed the flames! - the knight exclaimed in anger. If you wish to come down with me, we need to find my amulet first! If only local birds spoke with a more intelligible dialect, I could've asked them to bring it back!

[1] Hardly had Erin got up to the tower when its arched door burst open and a frightening, mummified undead got out of it! The corpse in a tattered robe was weilding a sword completely eaten by rust. Staring directly at Erin with it's blank eyes, it waited until he comes any closer to the tower.

Enemies:

Dried corpse: [50/50]
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 11:08:16 am by Dark One »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2018, 11:41:56 am »

Everyone. It appears that one of ours in in trouble. I'm going to help him.

Shoot the Dried corpse with my bow. Hopefully he can retreat. I'll shoot covering fire.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2018, 11:46:05 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2018, 11:59:53 am »

A bell? And the lands are converging? Hmmm... This kinda reminds me of an ancient legend I heard long ago...

But before he's able to recall any details, Ferreolus heards a commotion coming from the bell tower. He remembers that the knight said something about an evil presence in the bell tower, and upon noticing that Erin left the group and went there, he quickly runs towards the bell tower to investigate.

Everyone. It appears that one of ours in in trouble. I'm going to help him.

Shoot the Dried corpse with my bow. Hopefully he can retreat. I'll shoot covering fire.

I don't think we can see the corpse, the bell tower is probably too far.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2018, 12:05:52 pm »

1, archer.
2, careful looking around.
3, noise of the door..

I think that is it, But the GM can correct me if I'm wrong.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2018, 12:32:38 pm »

...take some very careful steps away from the corpse, then fire my longbow at it and run away.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2018, 01:01:34 pm »

seeing how were all in the same situation and i see the archer book it, i then follow after the archer to see why he is freaking out or in a hurry
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2018, 01:43:35 pm »

1, archer.
2, careful looking around.
3, noise of the door..

I think that is it, But the GM can correct me if I'm wrong.

You can't see the corpse from the ledge, but you have definitely heard the noise and shriek.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2018, 01:45:55 pm »

Still, shoot it when I see it.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Rolls - The Last RTD [5/6]
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2018, 03:35:32 pm »

Turn 2

Everyone. It appears that one of ours in in trouble. I'm going to help him. - Emir warned and drawn his recurve bow and moved towards the tower. A bell? And the lands are converging? Hmmm... This kinda reminds me of an ancient legend I heard long ago... - Ferreolus thought, but before he's able to recall any details, he hears a commotion coming from the bell tower. He remembers that the knight said something about an evil presence in the bell tower, and upon noticing that Erin left the group and went there, he quickly runs towards the bell tower to investigate. Alexandra follows them to see why they are freaking out.

[4] Ferreolus ran towards the tower to investigate the noise, and saw Erin slowly backnig away from the corpse that is standing in bell tower's doorway.

[Erin: 4,1,2,4]
[Dried Corpse: 6,6,3,3]

Ering clumsily took out his longbow and drawn an arrow with full strength. He had panicked however and missed! Luckily for him, the corpse still decided to jump away, but it had jumped too far away and fell down the mountain!

[2] Alexandra and Emir appeared just when the corpse fell down.

Enemies:

Dried Corpse: Dead

Players:

Erin: +2 Experience

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2018, 03:59:58 pm »

Emir sighs, loosening his draw, but keeping it at hand. Are you alright?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2018, 04:35:40 pm »

Ferreolus chuckles at the sight of seeing the corpse jump to his... Death? Can the undead die? Whatever. But he still had a feeling that there must be something important inside of the bell tower.

Ferreolus bravely enters the bell tower the corpse came from, preparing to face any enemies inside.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2018, 04:37:09 pm »

[after some deep breaths] ...huh.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm fine.

Let's explore the tower, I guess? Keep my bow readied, though.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2018, 04:58:04 pm »

follows them in and is ready for combat so what do you guys thinks inside? my guess is maybe something enlighten the path down.
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5