Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Dark Rolls - The Last RTD [5/6]  (Read 8843 times)

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
Dark Rolls - The Last RTD [5/6]
« on: May 31, 2018, 05:57:46 pm »

Dark Rolls
The Last RTD

Yes indeed. When the Muses fade and Game Master turns to stone, the Die sets against the players. Unleashing forces of chaos, the world turns into a twisted amalgamate of different realities, converted to blend in with the rest. The bell tolls, and characters return from their graves to set off on a perilous journey, to retrieve souls of the Muses and reroll the Die.

Undead Hunt is nearing an end and I'm planning to retire from writing forum games for a longer while to focus on other projects, but there's this one idea I just have to try. Dark Rolls is an RTD taking place in a medieval, gothic world drawing a lot of elements and references from all my previous games, greatly improving over UH's gameplay mechanics.

The Rules

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Character Creation & Development

Spoiler: Classes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Levelling up (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

The World

Spoiler: World Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 03:12:20 pm by Dark One »

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Rolls - The Last RTD [5/6]
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 05:58:02 pm »

Character Storage

Alive

« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 10:05:15 am by Dark One »

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Rolls - The Last RTD [0/6]
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 05:59:09 pm »

Character Storage

Deceased

-

Waitlist

-

« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 09:44:37 am by Dark One »

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 06:25:10 pm »

Name: Alexandra

Appearance: he wears a worn out cloak with very roughed up scholars garb, his hair color is black, and has a very nice beard

Biography: Alexandra way of life was to search the unknown, with a surplus of rumors and myths he set out to learn and see if their real or not, along the journey he found a old Sorcerer who hasn't found someone to teach his arts to, with Alexandra the only one around the sorcerer took him under his wings and taught him magic, this only finalized his taste for knowledge and could risk him his life if he isn't careful...

Class: The Sorcerer
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 11:13:46 pm by darkwarlock3 »
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 06:26:08 pm »

Name: Erin Jaques

Appearance: Relatively young, lanky, red-haired. Usually has a moderately dazed look, but is relatively friendly. Tends to fade into the background if not being spoken to.

Biography: Erin's family lived out on the borderlands, working primarily as hunters. Erin was the third child, and the best with a bow (the eldest, Seth, worked mainly with traps, while Amelia, the second child, was best with knives). At 17, Erin went out to pursue his own goals and explore the world. Four years later, he's here, off to save the world. Amazing how that works out.

Class: Archer [note: please have quarterstaff instead of shortsword]

Misc. note: unless I get some game-changing item, expect stuff in the vein of early-game Aaron, that is, spirit walking and other things designed to hit enemies without them hitting me.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 09:14:37 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 08:02:54 pm »

Name: Ferreolus Argento

Appearance: A young and jolly man with silver, messy hair and bright blue eyes. He's tall and has a broad body, which makes him look way bigger than normal.

Biography: First and only son of the union between a rich noblewoman and a faithful priest, his parents were murdered by the more extremist members of the church, which burned their house down with them inside, believing that by having children he had strayed from the path. As a way to honor them, he took his father vow of silence, promising to never speak in his life. Because of this, he dislikes clerics. During his orphan childhood, he was found by a wandering knight who was passing by the town, and after Ferreolus communicated his situation, the man decided to help him become stronger, and trained him as a knight. They both fought together for a long time, becoming mercenaries and bounty hunters, but always fighting for justice. When he reached adulthood, his now aged mentor and best friend requested him to grant him a warrior's death before he died of sickness and old age. Ferreolus has been wandering alone in the world since then, hoping to protect the innocent like his mentor did with him, to prevent the injust crimes that were commited against his family and to become strong.

Class: Knight

((Yes, it's just young Ferro.))
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 08:56:40 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 09:38:04 pm »

Edited my post with a sheet. Also, is this game set in the Dark Souls universe and has stuff like characters or equipment or is only inspired on it?
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018, 01:15:11 am »

It's highly inspired by it, but all the items and characters will be unique to it or references from previous RTD games.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2018, 09:29:37 am »

Name: Emir Archerson

Appearance: 5'3, Light Blond hair, Grown-out Page cut, Green eyes.
Dappled Forest Cloak, Forest Tunic underneath padded armor, Breeches , shoes, Quiver and Bow*, Knapsack with his supplies, Equipment.

Biography: Raised by his Mother in the ways of woodcraft, now at the age of 14, he decides to strike out on his own in hope of learning something more than just how to hunt.
He seeks to learn magic, whatever applicable, and has a fascination with old stories and folktales.

Class: Archer

*Extra, Is it possible to start with a Recurve Bow? Or is equipment automatic regardless..
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 10:29:04 am by TricMagic »

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Rolls - The Last RTD [4/6]
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2018, 09:43:00 am »

Spells also have scaling to stats, but I forgot to write about it - going to fix this. Character sheets added.

[note: please have quarterstaff instead of shortsword]

*Extra, Is it possible to start with a Recurve Bow? Or is equipment automatic regardless..

I allowed it and added those items to your character sheets. Note that their stats differ from starting equipment slightly.

When it comes to values by the items/spells, these were scalled according to character's stats and scaling type. The value in the brackets is the base value which you receive with base stat value (which is 10).
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 10:43:04 am by Dark One »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2018, 08:21:58 pm »

What are the mechanics on blocking and defending other players? Can I cover other players if I get a greatshield? Is poise a thing? If want to play a heavily armored high vitality tank, should I focus more on Endurance or Strenght as a secondary stat?

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2018, 02:26:17 am »

SSAL applies to all defensive and offensive rolls in close quarter combat, but great shields get accuracy bonus due to their size.

Great Shields scale to Strength, so you'll need this stat to get more protection. Endurance is important for stamina, the more of it you have, the more attacks you'd be able to block.

Also, starting equipment doesn't have stat requirement, but any other items do, so you'll need quite a bit of strength to even carry a great shield.

Poise is a thing, the more you carry the heavier you are. Strength is also taken into consideration here, as it allows you to tank through the hit not only with your weight, but your strength alone.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2018, 10:46:46 am »

Alright thanks! I hope I can focus into vitality before we start finding heavy items. Do you base drops and weapon stats around party members (like not dropping any magic staffs if we have no sorceres)? How much streght do you think the most heavy stuff will require?

Also, thanks a lot for the helpful answers, I hope I'm not being annoying.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2018, 11:05:37 am »

The drops would be completely random. I'm not sure about the requirements yet, but they'd rather be reasonable.

You're not being annoying. It's understandable that you want to gather as many information about the game as you can before it begins.

Another thing that I want to mention is that this game features respawn:

If you die and there are no waitlisters and there's a free slot, you can choose to respawn.

If you die and there are waitlisters, then characters from waitlist get the priority and spawn.

If you decide not to respawn, drop out of the game or stop responding for a long while, your character goes hollow and turns into an enemy. You can't retrieve a hollow character.

Note that when you die, your body remains, so other players can steal your items.

Once the storm (literal storm) over here passes, I'll make a map and we'd be able to begin. New players will join on the fly. Also, you don't have to form a party to play. Survivability rate is much higher here than in UH due to more stats oriented game mechanics and new combat system. You can all spread out and move on alone when you leave starting area.

EDIT: Feeling lazy, I had generated a world in DF and exported it's map.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 12:15:07 pm by Dark One »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2018, 02:03:32 pm »

Eh, it's okay. I also like the idea of respawning, seems like this game might turn out to be even longer than Undead Hunt and some people probably wouldn't like to lose all of their progress.

How much XP would a player win by killing another? Because with respawning, players could "train" by fighting each other to death.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5