Other Projects > Curses

LCS Android Port?

<< < (6/6)

misterTwister:
How long would you estimate that the c++ code can be adequately fixed before porting it to c#? Is there anyway I can currently help?

IsaacG:

--- Quote from: misterTwister on June 09, 2018, 11:02:15 pm ---How long would you estimate that the c++ code can be adequately fixed before porting it to c#? Is there anyway I can currently help?

--- End quote ---
The trick is that I'm doing this in my free time.  It's difficult to estimate accurately, but months at least.

Helping is fairly straightforward at this time.
https://github.com/King-Drake/Liberal-Crime-Squad/blob/master/src/cursesAlternative.h

This is the cursesAlternative interface.  One of the main obstacles to porting LCS is its reliance on PDCurses.  cursesAlternative encapsulates all interactions with the PDCurses library.  Constructing an implementation of cursesAlternative in C# and/or Unity would help in the long term.

There are several instances of "char*" in cursesAlternative, but they can be treated as strings.

In theory, cursesAlternative is the only completely new code that needs to be written.  It shouldn't be hard, but it is likely to be time consuming.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version