Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I've made a street-level superpower generator using Marvel Forever's roll tables  (Read 832 times)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

- http://www.classicmarvelforever.com/cms/ultimate-powers-list.html
-
https://www.random.org

- Using the above links, roll 1d4 to determine the number of categories your powers fall under, then roll the resulting number of 1d100's to determine which categories your powers fall under.
- Next, roll 1d6+2 or 2d6-2 to determine your number of powers, then roll the resulting number of 1d100's in any of the previously rolled categories at your discretion, to determine the specifics of your powerset.
- Superpowers work on a tier system ranging from tier 1 to tier 20. A tier 1 power confers a slight edge over an ordinary citizen, a tier 5 power is enough to confront a squad of trained professionals on equal footing, a tier 10 power could destroy a small town with little difficulty, a tier 15 power could destroy a small country with little difficulty, and a tier 20 power could pose a threat to human civilization if the user were so inclined.
- The vast majority of superpowers are between tiers 1 and 5, with a few uncommon outliers ranging from 6 to 10. Powers at tiers 11 through 15 are extremely rare and widely feared. Powers between tier 16 and 20 fleetingly extraordinary, one in a million, if that, and spoken of only in hushed whispers.
- To determine which tier your superpowers fall under you receive a stipend of power points. Power points can be spent to upgrade a superpower's tier at the cost of 1 per tier between tiers 1-5, 2 per tier between tiers 6-10, 3 per tier between tiers 11-15, and 4 per tiers between tiers 16-20.
- To acquire additional points you can sacrifice an unwanted power or an unused category at a 1:1 ratio. There is no limit to the amount of sacrifices you can make, as long as you have at least one power and category remaining afterward.
- In contrast to sacrifices, you can spend power points to obtain additional superpower rolls, at the cost 2 for a category you already have, and 4 for a randomly generated category you lack.
- By default superpowers begin at tier 1 and can be further enhanced with power points. Generally, the more superpowers you have, the weaker they are, and vice versa.
- To represent this, if you have four or less powers you receive two power points, whereas if you have eight or more powers you lose 2 power points. This bonus or malus applies before any sacrifices or additional rolls have been made.
- To determine your power point total, if you chose to roll 1d6+2 you can choose to take a guaranteed 10 power points OR you can roll 2d6+2 and take the result. Likewise if you chose to roll 2d6-2 you can choose to take a guaranteed 8 power points, OR, you can roll 2d6 and take the result.

This is some Original Content™ I made around a week ago and decided to share with you. I know it isn't technically a forum game, but I thought you might be interested. Feel free to use it for role-playing, keep it fresh.