Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Chronicles of Martian Aggression War! Game/IC Thread!  (Read 7111 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Chronicles of Martian Aggression War! Game/IC Thread!
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2018, 04:15:36 pm »

After registering and stowing his gear in one of the lockers, Jason claims a top bunk and makes the most of the few time with a nap. If the military had taught him anything, it was that you should grab sleep whenever you can because you never know if you're going to get hit by a midnight raid.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2018, 09:37:42 pm »

Retroactively, Josephine asks a FEW questions because her player was busy and she apologizes to Haspen because this game is very interesting with brimming potential!...
"Men have been assigned quarters A6. Lieutenant Tala has quarters A7, they're adjacent to each other. Left and up the stairs when you leave the hangar through the main personnel exit, then past the mess hall. Place your belongings in the quarters and use the wall-comp inside to register into the base's datacenter. You can learn the layout of the base and areas permitted for you at it, and communicate with engineers, quartermaster, between each other and of course with all other personnel stationed here. Any questions?"
"Who may we freely approach [for their purpose? Lt. Tala asks this much like wondering for the casual player: Who can I approach and meet with for certain reasons beneficial to the game--like sales for items or inquiring about discounts, for orthodox purposes like an extra secondary objective or personal goal? Generally she asks questions for game mechanics that helps the general player.]"

At the present...
Josephine went over to the quartermaster (after claiming top bunk in her quarters) and inquired to the prices of certain goods and products--like why the Yokohama energy cells are so expensive when the general mechanics of it are very...disappointing.
Name: aCrodyne MFC-25
Energy Capacity: 25
Weight: 4
Cost: 800c per unit
Name: YokohamaLW-3 MFC
Energy Capacity: 30
Weight: 4
Cost: 2100c per unit
She inquires this without potentially naming the spread of Capitalism ever since parts of the USA fell.

But more importantly, she inquired as to the possibility of a mech's subsystems getting disabled or damaged in combat (like the possibility of losing a power cell and what can be done for field repairs); she also inquires as to possibilities of ammunition packages despite the GM saying no to the inquiry OOC for certain calibres of weapons, with emphasis on the mech-mounted dragunov series...and pretty much asks if there were any customized piercing rifle-weapons that she can mount on her mech in the near future or expedited to be 'tested' on her mech, because it was plainly obvious she loved sniper-weaponry.

"Also...what happens if a mech is stranded without ammunition in the field? What can they do? I didn't read anything about that within the manuals we have, but I have heard stories..."

Alongside that...she inquires to the most relevant officer on-base about anyone possibly borrowing money to afford better equipment and mechs at the present (to be paid within a month later at most), and if this was possible--and if this was possible, what would be the catch in return?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 09:58:17 pm by Tiruin »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2018, 03:00:27 am »

The quartermaster shrugs at Josephine.

"I'm not setting the prices. Ask Yokohama public services for that. As for ammo; pack extra weapons. I'm sure they will last."

« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 03:17:27 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2018, 04:15:26 am »

Josephine appropriately assumed 'you're doomed' to the rest of her questions on running out of ammunition on the field. Knowing how there was an element of movement, agility, and the crucial seconds of aiming systems getting a good lock, the whole real scenario played comically much like one of the ancient games she loved and took to heart--Banner Saga (the ultimate series): This meant that taking initiative to prepare, counter, and 'block' (by attacking oncoming enemies) was a priority.

She was very happy she had good reflexes.

"Thank you sir. May I ask what becomes of the enemies we kill? Are we allowed to salvage or call on local forces to attempt salvaging? Otherwise, no questions; I'm excited for my first deployment."

A while later...
Josephine found herself at an intercomm of the Yokohama public services...she asked exactly what was on her mind.
"Could I ask why your entry-level energy cell is three times as expensive as that of your competition, yet with a very minor difference in performance and actual capacity? Asking as a customer of your services--wouldn't this...ruin your sales?"

She knew her mechanics and this was a very confusing factor to ask.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2018, 04:25:14 am »

"If time and situation allows, we deploy salvage teams to the battlefield. Most of material goes into recycling or engineering departments. Any Earth-compatible mecha parts however stay with your unit; you can use them, or sell them, and you can be sure I will be there to validate all your requests for those."

[/quote]

Later...

An automated program, 'Choko', replied to Josephine, with its cutesy electric-blue plushie robot avatar in the corner.

"Thank you for choosing Yokohama Public Services. We value the input of our patrons."

"Your query is now being processed by the automate-"

"Yokohama Company cares for both its clients and its employees. To ensure the highest quality of our mecha parts, we devote more funds than our competitors on the market on quality control, employee care benefits, material processing and other. That's why our prices are higher and our wares are of much better quality. The quality and popularity of our wares are reflected in millions of happy and satisfied customers so far."

"This constitutes as an answer to your query. Thank you for using Yokohama's Automated Public Services Assistant, Choko. Yoko~n!"

On the monitor, a simple 'Do you have another question? y/n' came up.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2018, 10:38:27 am »

After dropping his supplies near a bottom bunk and giving the entertainment venues a once-over, Kenneth simply dropped cold on his bunk.
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2018, 01:18:43 pm »

"I'm pretty glad people still uphold humanity--at least I hope it's not the extremes of Capitalism. Heard rumors on the reason why the USA fell that way from the Martians. I wonder if I could work for Yokohama in the future..."

Lt. Tala holds her finger over the cutesy letter N, and boops the plushie robot away with a 'thank you' replacing the 'x/close' button. Then another final query hits her before starting up for the first mission.

Y; Query: "Can we avail of customized or advanced Yokohama equipment in the future? Willing to wait at least a month's worth of consideration time. Thank you ahead!"

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2018, 01:36:52 pm »

"Processing... Congratulations! Josephine Valle Talla has been subscribed to Yokohaman's Monthly Pre-order Bulletin! You will be automatically notified via this console of upcoming new releases by Yokohama."

"This constitutes as an answer to your query. Thank you for using Yokohama's Automated Public Services Assistant, Choko. Yoko~n!"

On the monitor, a simple 'Do you have another question? y/n' came up.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 02:12:00 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2018, 01:43:02 pm »

"Well...I didn't- um, time to update my spam filters then."

Having explored the base and mapped out the whole area in mind (because of emergency exit maps and other safety regulations), Josephine makes her way back to her bunk and relaxes.

N; ready for first mission!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2018, 01:50:15 pm »

6:41pm, 1st September 2245

The lightning in the base turned to an ominous shade of red.

The wall panels stopped displaying maintenance values and instead begun showing blood-red emblem of UNMDF, and a digital female voice announced through the speakers:

"Red alert. Red alert. Trans-gate quantum signature detected within five kilometers. Ground personnel to the battle stations. Mecha pilots report for briefing to base's commander. Logistics and command staff to the command posts. Red alert. Red alert..." The message was then put on loop.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 02:00:39 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2018, 01:58:11 pm »

A time's worth of rest, training, exercise, and mental puzzles all help readiness--alongside simulators, communication, and chat with other mech pilots (and service, maintenance, and other crew on base), which all made up the days before getting welcomed by the base commander.

Josephine found herself crisp and ready at the reporting area, and waved at the other mech pilots at the ready. When the commander arrives, she saluted him and awaited briefing.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 02:01:11 pm by Tiruin »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2018, 02:07:00 pm »

Luis jumped up at the red alert, going to the reporting area.

Unlurking Sentinel

• Bay Watcher
  • 6e 6f 74 20 61 20 72 6f 62 6f 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2018, 02:08:28 pm »

Only a few minutes after Kenneth fell into his bed, and an emergency had already begun.

Uuggh.... why now? The Martians just have to attack while I'm trying to get some shuteye.

He groggily hurried to the to the reporting area, somehow stumbling only once as he ran while trying to comb his hair again.
01101110 01101111 01110000 01100101 00101100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100110 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110100 01100101 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 01110100

Final Fantasy Emblem on Forums

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2018, 02:30:01 pm »

Feckin' Martians...

Jason drops out of the top bunk and into his open combat boots, narrowly missing Kenneth as he hustled out of the dorm. Jason quickly laced his boots, grabbed his jacket and headed back to the mech bay for the briefing.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2018, 03:05:29 pm »

The Commander was already waiting.

"Trans-Gate signature detected just half a kilometer from our base's airfield and fighter plane hangars. We handle military shipping for entire southern British Isles. We must ensure that damage will be minimal."

"I'm assigning you four to guard duty at Hangar B. The buildings in our base are defended by several Elysium-class energy blaster turrets. Our command staff will operate them remotely, some heavy heavy firepower will surely help you in your task. Now go. For Victory and Earth!"

2 minutes later, near Hangar B

The distant flashing of Trans-Gate Phenomena was accompanied by closer sounds of explosions, energy discharge and crumpled metal.

Suddenly, the concrete perimeter has been breached! Shiny dark-green and black painted drones are pouring in as the Elysium towers whirrl and aim themselves at the invaders...

Mission 1, Turn 1

Quote from: Initiative
Luis: 5 + 0.6 = 5.6
Jason: (5 = 5, tie with Flygun C =>) 4 = 4
Flygun C: (5 = 5, tie with Jason =>) 3 = 3
Vector A: 4 = 4
Kenneth: 3 + 0.1 = 3.1
Flygun A: (3 = 3, tie with Vector B =>) 6 = 6
Vector B: (3 = 3, tie with Flygun A =>) 2 = 2
Flygun B: 2 = 2
Josephine: 1+0.5 = 1.5
Elysium A is a turret and fires last
Elysium B is a turret and fires last

Spoiler: PC Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemy Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Friendlies Stats (click to show/hide)
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12