Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Splint's Vanilla Expanded Mod v10.1 - Bug fixes and other stuff  (Read 45495 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Splint's Vanilla Expanded Mod v9.7.2 - Minor Bugfix
« Reply #90 on: October 16, 2022, 11:39:31 pm »

Loving this mod! One thing I ran into though is that some of the new plants can't be brewed. Seems to be anything missing the new reaction specification:

Code: [Select]
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:DRINK_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:DRINK]
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SEED_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]

I think (used some regex to search all plant files but no guarantee I caught them all) that it's just glow cap, web lichen, cave bulb, and possibly sumpweed (though that one looked deliberate), all in the cavern shrubs file.

Glad you like the mod!

Most of those weren't made by me, they were done by Mephansteras, but I can check them and make an update if desired.

I'll have to check my changelogs, but I'm pretty sure I made sumpweed non-brewable on purpose.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Splint's Vanilla Expanded Mod v9.7.2 - Minor Bugfix
« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2022, 04:23:53 pm »

Small update, but nothing tangible yet.

Due to the DFFD outage and my not remembering what email I used for it, I had to make a new account. That'll be where stuff goes from now on, as everything I worked on from 2015 onwards was unfortunately lost.

There'll be a slew of new flavor gear, some swords, fixed that nothing-scale stuff (culprit was the drakelings in the generic fantasy creature addon,) and hopefully fixing the arsenical bronze reactions and those plants that need fixing.

The next update will, understandably, be the last for 47.05 and v10 will likely just see the mod receive any possible necessary updates to bring it up to the Steam Release.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Splint's Vanilla Expanded Mod v9.8 - final 47.05 update
« Reply #92 on: November 27, 2022, 05:08:25 pm »

Apologies for what is essentially a double post, but the update is now live, for what it's worth.

Code: (New in v9.8) [Select]

BUG FIXES
- Arsenical bronze reactions checked and fixed. There was an extraneous colon in one of them, and they lacked proper reagent quantities.
- Checked for any entity errors, removed extraneous creature listings from the edited vanilla files.

creature_fantasy_mini_dragons_spl
- Fixed missing race name in the drakeling creatures. There should be no more 'nothing' stuff. Special thanks to ZM5 for helping with that!

plant_cavern_shrub_ex
- Fixed missing reaction stuff on glowcaps, cave bulbs, web lichen and sumpweed. Special thanks to Vityav for pointing it out!

NEW CREATURES
invertebrates_surface_ex
- Giant Grass Katydids, including giant and man variants. Vermin that resemble large flightless grasshoppers. Significantly larger than most insect vermin, found in any tropical biome.

NEW ITEMS
- Variants of the ridged helmet, to add further visual variety. These helmets have a small figurehead near the front of the ridge joining the helmet segments. They are all commonly available to humans, tundra civs and dwarves, and uncommonly available to elves and goblins. Vulture-ridged helmets are commonly available to desert and goblin civs, and rare to everyone else.
-- Eagle-ridged helmet
-- Raven-ridged helmet
-- Dragon-ridged helmet
-- Bear-ridged helmet
-- Wolf-ridged helmet
-- Horse-ridged helmet
-- Vulture-ridged helmet

- Splint Armor: Comes in body armor, gauntlets, boots and long gauntlets/boots. Commonly available to elves, humans, desert and sky civs, uncommonly for goblins and Tundra- civs and rarely dwarves. Examples go back well before the game's rough cut-off. Can consider these to be a flavor variant to make armor sets even more eclectic.
- Mirror Armor: As Mirror Plates. Cover-slot armor that is essentially a large, polished metal disk or square plate worn over other armor. Commonly available to kobolds, goblins, desert and tudra civs and uncommonly available to jungle, human and sky civs and rarely available to dwarves.

It doesn't offer much protection (only 40% coverage to the torso) as it's not terribly large, but it *is* another layer of protection. Can only be made of metal (wherease most of the rest can be made of other materials in a pinch,) and are available to archers.

- Wing-bladed Sword: A Falcata or Kopis. Similar to a hacking sword, but a little better for stabbing. Used by goblins, humans, sky and desert civs.
- Leaf-bladed Sword: A Xiphos or early-model gladius and similar such weapons commonly seen in the bronze and early iron ages. Used by dwarves, goblins, humans, elves, desert and tundra civs.
- Antenna Sword: A relatively-long-bladed sword with curling, antenna-like pommels and minimal handguards. They're slightly lighter than some other similar-sized swords. Used by dwarves, goblins, tundra and desert civs.
- Full-grip Sword: Short swords like those generally referred to as Apa type swords (a DF Fandom example being the swords used by the dregs of Matul Remrit,) with a minimal or disk-like pomel and a highly minimalistic handguard. Used by Dwarves, Goblins, Elves, Kobolds, Jungle, Sky, Tundra and Desert civs.

MISC. CHANGES
- Desert entity now has humans added as a possible entry.
- Tundra entity now has humans added as a possible entry.
- Jungle entity now has humans and elves added as a possible entry.
- Human default civ has long gauntlets made uncommonly avilable with logn splint limb armor being common, to differentiate them from dwarves a bit more often.
- Added missing mail limb armor to human civ.
- Pre-installs reduced to just the no-dinos version. This is mostly to reduce the headache when updating.

NOTE: MANY OF THE NEW ITEMS AREN'T AVILABLE ON THE HOSTILE VERSIONS NOR ALTS (satyrs, blendecs, ratmen, reptile men) BECAUSE I WAS LAZY.

Pretty sure everything is working fine, so there's that. At this point if the Arsenical Bronze reactions keep refusing to cooperate, I'm just going to axe the generic methods and make individual reactions. It'll be cluttered, but I will not be denied.

Sorry for the delay folks.

Get it here, OP will be updated as well.

TheGoomba98

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Splint's Vanilla Expanded Mod v9.8 - Final 47.05 update
« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2022, 03:20:35 pm »

Re: the new DFFD page for this mod: The previous versions technically weren't "lost", they just became orphaned files. The most recent orphaned version of your mod can be found here.

sethtnt

• Bay Watcher
  • Who knows
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 01, 2022, 08:02:49 am »

Hey just a small issue. The training pikes lack the training tag. Aside from that though it's been fun having variety in the game without having to learn some other games lore to understand what I'm dealing with.
*Dwarf Magic*
*Elf Magic*
*[insert relevant word here] Magic*

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2022, 04:02:59 pm »

Hey just a small issue. The training pikes lack the training tag. Aside from that though it's been fun having variety in the game without having to learn some other games lore to understand what I'm dealing with.

Thanks for the heads up and glad it's serving its purpose! I'll be sure to fix it after the Steam release drops.

Have you run into any other issues?

jolibee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2022, 09:10:24 am »

Excited to see this mod for the Steam release. Hopefully with graphics too :)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2022, 03:39:05 pm »

Excited to see this mod for the Steam release. Hopefully with graphics too :)

I dunno if I'll be doing a graphical release, sadly. I've never dabbled in graphics for... Anything, really. If it's relatively simple to do I might release the equipment as a separate minipack though with graphics if nothing else.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2022, 12:14:15 am »

Announcement time boys and girls!

I've begun the process of updating the mod, however due to it sounding like Kitfox doesn't really "get" the majority of people who've played DF for years and their eccentricities as well as the obscene and frankly convoluted-looking (or at least incredibly laborious) requirements for producing graphics for the mod, SVE will sadly not be coming to the Steam workshop nor the Premium graphics edition of the game. It will still theoretically function, assuming I've been updating things correctly, but there'll be missing and placeholder graphics.

It's a genuine bummer in the graphical department, as I'd wanted to at least bring the weapons and armor to proper visual life, but I'd need to make separate graphics for every single major race (including cave tribals, as they now have new invasion behaviors, which is really cool!) And for every weapons-grade material.

Hopefully when classic releases and I can test it properly, you guys will get to enjoy the mod again on the newest version.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Splint's Vanilla Expanded Mod v10 - v50 Debut!
« Reply #99 on: July 31, 2023, 08:37:26 pm »

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNING BAY TWEEEEEEEELVE!

Well, good evening.

I got some good fuckin' news for you on this mod, SVE is officially available for v50.01+!

Here's the changelog for all the new goodies and changes.

Now, everything on paper is updated and working, but I may have missed some stuff here and there. If you run into any issues, please let me know, and definitely let me know if the new incense production plants spawn at all, it's been a pain testing it otherwise.

Code: (v10 changelog) [Select]
Due to changes in file structure, SVE may be a little finicky as the newer versions are just that - new, and the changes to how installing and even making mods works is going to take some getting used to.

There will not be graphical support coming to SVE unless someone else wants to volunteer their time for it.

New in V10

UPDATES
- Updated all non-_default entities with missing hospital location name line and removed architecture job.
- Removed depreciated tokens from biome entities and Arctic Addition creatures
- Updated mill reactions.
- Removed edited tissue and material template files, as these don't appear to be editable at present in the new system without stripping things out and replacing them near as I can tell.
- Subterranean civs have received some of the new equipment.
- Ocean entity has been shrunk to cap them at 5 civs, as before they could become incredibly numerous during world gen civ-wise.
- Sickle Swords have been distributed from the biome civs to kobolds, goblins and subterranean civs.
- Barghest size increased to 400k to better reflect mount usage and increased pet value to 250.

FIXES
- Fixed wolf-ridged helms being referred to as bear-ridged helms. Doing a lot of copy-pasting will do that.
- Giant beetles have had their trade capacity greatly increased from 200 to 1800.
- Gray loris now properly referred to as such instead of Lemur
- Fixed a host of messed up creature tiles and tile colors.
- Fixed internal naming that might cause entity duplication with hostile biome civs.
- Fixed Saltcorn's missing biome entry.

NEW ITEMS
item_weapon_ex
- Boat Axe and Blunted Boat Axe: axe-skill weapons based on the weapons used by the Battle Axe/Boat Axe culture, whose striking end resembled boats. They are available to Tundra, Subterranean, Goblin and Kobold civs.
- Antenna Dagger: Scaled down versions of the Antenna sword, available to the same civs.
- Full-grip dagger: Same as the above for full-grip swords.
- Boat Sword: Based on the Rørby Swords, these hacking swords are available to Tundra, Subterranean, Goblin, Dwarf and Kobold civs.
- Bracket Axe: Couldn't find a better, non-location-based name. Based on Otzi the Iceman's axe and similar copper age axes which resemble an L bracket, these are available to Jungle, Sky, Tundra, Kobold, Subterranean and Goblin civs.
- Epsilon Axe: A common design of bronze age axe, available to desert-, tundra-, sky-, jungle-, human-, goblin-, kobold-, and subterranean- civs.
- Palm Axe: A strange type of hand weapon primarily used in ancient egypt and parts of the southern levant. Available to desert- civs, as well as kobolds and subterranean civs.
- Spearhead Dagger: A spearhead repurposed for use as a dagger. Available to kobolds and subterranean civs.
- Club: Simple, roughly-shaped club. Available to  kobolds, elves, goblins, jungle, and subterranean civs. Contact is roughly twice the size of a mace.
- Great Club: Simple, roughly-shaped two-handed club. Available to  kobolds, elves, jungle, goblins and subterranean civs. Contact is roughly about 50% larger than a maul. Uses pike skill to prevent shield use.
- Knobbed Mace: A mace with a lot of small rounded striking bits. Somewhat larger contact area (as it has more points of contact) with increased velocity. It and the tower mace below should be great for pulping shit. Available to humans, dwarves, goblins, desert, jungle and tundra civs.
- Tower Mace: A mace with a long conic or hexagonal head styled to resemble a castle tower. Considerably larger with increased velocity. Available to humans, dwarves and goblins.
- Flanged Mace: Potentially anachronistic, but neat all the same. Edged damage, with larger contact than a morningstar. Available to humans, dwarves and goblins.
- Sharktooth Sword: Inspired by a polynesian take on the paddlesword known in Hawaiian as the Leiomano. Available via moods and to Ocean civs.

item_clothing_ex
- Tartan Trousers, Shirts, and Cloaks: Flavor items available to dwarves and tundra civs, uncommonly to goblins and humans, and rarely to elves and kobolds.
- Striped Trousers and Shirts: Flavor item available to humans and ocean civs, uncommonly to dwarves and goblins, and rarely to tundra civs.

item_shield_ex
- Hexagonal Shield: Inspired by the hexagonal shields often seen in depictions of celtic and germanic warriors. Available to all civs except ocean civs.
- Oval Shield: Inspired by the shields often seen in depictions of middle eastern and north african as well as celtic and germanic warriors. Available to goblins, elves, kobolds and desert civs.
- Round Tower Shield: Inspired by the Battersea shield. Available to tundra, kobold, and subterranean civs.
- Notched Shield: Inspired by some variants of greek and anatolian Aspis shields. Available to desert, tundra, sky, human, goblin, kobold and subterranean- civs
- Axe-head Targe: Inspired by celtic and germanic shields that somewhat resemble a double-bit axe head. Available to Tundra, Sky, Elf, Goblin, Kobold and Subterranean civs.
- Axe-head Shield: Inspired by celtic and germanic shields that somewhat resemble a double-bit axe head. Tundra, Sky, Elf, Goblin, Dwarf Kobold- and Subterranean civs.

NEW PLANTS - Surface
- Thunderstalk plants: Found in savage mountains, tundra and deserts, Thunderstalks are tall, sweet stalks that resemble artistic depictions of lightening bolts. Value 3, brewed into Rumbler or eaten as-is or cooked. Grows year round, taking about a little over a season to mature.
- Goblin Berry: A bright green berry found in evil tropical biomes. Can be milled for dark green dye, eaten raw or cooked, or brewed into Mean Green, which slightly boosts endurance and recuperation.
- Spike Tree: A strange tree that resembles a menacing spike thrust up from the earth. Red Spike trees can be found in good biomes, green in savage biomes and blue in evil biomes.

NEW PLANTS - Cavern
- Cavelight - A pale green shrub with glowing berries found in layers 1 and 2. Can be eaten raw or brewed into Dwarven Tonic.
- Pebble Hops - Dark gray grain crop of a sort. Can be cooked as is or used to make Dwarven Porter. Takes a season to grow, making dwarven porter twice as valuable as most dwarven brews (value 4)
- Torch Bulb - An orange glowing plant found in layers 2 and 3. Somewhat fast growing, akin to plump helmets, and can be brewed into Firelight.
- Cave Barley: Variety grain crop found in the caverns. Can be milled into dwarven sourflour or brewed into Dwarven Stout. Takes a season to grow however, making dwarven stout more valuable (value 3)
- Deep Spike: An underground variant of Spike tree found in layers 2 and 3.

NEW CREATURES
creature_invertebrates_cavern_ex
- Cave Scorpion: Inspired by a fumbling of words. Cave scorpions are basically just subterranean bark scorpions. Found in layers 1 and 2.
- Giant Cave Scorpion: Giant desert scorpions, reskinned for underground. Size 200k, pet value 2000, found in layers 2 and 3.

creature_mammals_surface_ex
- Shadow Wolf: Large pack hunters found in evil temperate forests, shrubland and Taiga. Size 90k, Trainable, pet value of 200 and can be used as a mount.

creature_birds-surface_ex
- Rheas and variants: A little smaller and kind of an amalgam of rhea species, they can be found in both temperate and tropical forests and shubland. Size 33k, pet value of 85 due to being more common than emus in gameplay terms (at least in theory.) In reference to Kevin the overly aggressive rhea, they are prone to rage (save for the rhea men, who aren't deranged feathered monsters who ignore being smacked with trash can lids.)

EDITED VANILLA
creature_subterranean
- Cave spiders moved back up to layer 1. Inconsequential, but eh.

NEW MODULE - Incense Production
- This one's actually quite basic in implementation, intended to add more to the world in a way that makes sense. It adds four new crops which can be cooked or used to make an incense stick bundle tool. Incense was quite valuable to people in the rough period DF aims to primarily emulate (late iron age to early high middle ages,) so this module references it.

Threshers handle the job, producing 3 bundles and 2 seeds per reaction.

The new plants consist of the following. All can be cooked, or combined with one log at a farmer's workshop to make the aforementioned incense stick bundles for sale.
- Sweet Weed: The generic incense crop. Relatively cheap (but still pricier than a lot of other plants.) Grows anywhere that isn't freezing, but takes a season to grow. Value 5.
- Silverscent: Found in savage deserts, this silver-leafed plant grows very slowly at two seasons, but grows year-round. Value 8.
- Geltherb: A golden incense crop that grows only in cold places touched by magical energies, meaning good tundra and taiga only, and only grows during the summer and autumn, but grows fairly quickly at half a season, allowing for four harvests a year. Value 10.
- Blightfume: A violet plant smelling of the tropics found in tropical forests and wetlands. Like Geltherb is grows relatively quickly, but also grows year-round. Value 6.
- Rose Cups: A bright red mushroom found growing along cavern shores, valued for its rosey scent. Grows as fast a sdimple cups, Value 4.

You can also use kobold bulbs and valley herbs for the job.

DISCONTINUED
- Compatibility modules for other mods for the foreseeable future. The entity version of Monstrous Manual in particular as well as Primal are not recommended to pair with this mod due to issues with flying traders using landbound pack animals, while Primal may see duplicate/overlapping creatures (internally they're different, it'll just cause some weirdness,) if using the Arctic Additions and Nature+ addons.

GET IT NOW, HELP ME FIX AND IMPROVE IT BY PLAYING IT!

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2023, 07:38:17 am »

Well, good evening.

I got some good fuckin' news for you on this mod, SVE is officially available for v50.01+!

The mod is for 50.09 but the current DF version is 50.11, would this version still work for it or are there any raw changes that may require updating?
I'll give it a try later today and see! Thanks for improving the game.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2023, 01:34:48 pm »

Well, good evening.

The mod is for 50.09 but the current DF version is 50.11, would this version still work for it or are there any raw changes that may require updating?
I'll give it a try later today and see! Thanks for improving the game.

This mod is all raw changes and is designed to work with the vanilla stuff for the most part, so it should be fine. 50.09 just happened to be the newest version that was out at the time the v50 version was ready for action.

I do have a new update planned which has some fixes and whatnot for some persistent issues and a rather recent problem though.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Splint's Vanilla Expanded Mod v10.1 - Bug fixes and other stuff
« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2023, 07:43:04 pm »

Hey hey people, Splint here (again.)

I have a hell of a new update on this one, changelog to follow. You guys are getting a ton of new stuff, in particular thanks to voliol and brewer bob!

I've also updated the readme to actually be helpful again.

Code: [Select]
NEW IN V10.1

MAJOR BUGFIX
For whatever reason, CUT_WEAPON wouldn't work correctly when replacing vanilla weapons with the ones with the same internal name. This seemed to cause a minor duplication bug that resulted in improper equipment availability, the incorrect weapons being selected at the embark screen and the forge to output incorrect (or no) items.

As a result, the patch has been disabled until I can muster the give-a-damn to look into the issue. Expect a return of less-than-helpful flat slaps and lightsaber whips, and dwarves being unable to use vanilla two-handed weapons (pike, maul, great axe, halberd and two-handed sword.)

For those who still want that patch, it'll require a slight bit of extra set-up, replacing your item_weapons file (found in data/vanilla/vanilla_items) with the one in the SVE Weapon Patch folder.

POSSIBLE BUGFIX
- Changed syntax for primary civ patch. If it wasn't working, it should be now.

BUGFIXES
- Finally stomped that issue with geldables on stayrs and blendecs. Special thanks to Hugo the Dwarf for that one.
- Fixed a duplicate internal mod ID on Generic Fantasy Creatures and Generic Undead Enemies
- Removed leftover [SPEECH:whatever.txt] from generic undead enemies that still had them.
- Fixed missing ARSENICABLE reaction class on Native Copper, Malachite and Tetrahedrite.
- Also fixed those reactions not accepting the correct reagents and just taking whatever.

NEW MOD INCLUSION!
- We now have content from Voliol's Various Vivants v3.4 in the mod. While not everything made it through due to redundancies being cut and my removing the baleen basket reaction stuff, most is in. I've also decided to include the ridiculously gigantic giant blue whale.

As such, I'd like to extend a kind thank you to Voliol.

Included files wholesale consist of the following.
- plant_vvv (Chanterelles removed due to redundancy)
- plant_vvv_grasses
- plant_vvv_trees
- b_detail_plan_vvv
- body_vvv
- c_variation_vvv_gaits
- c_variation_vvv_a_people
- descriptor_pattern_vvv
- tissue_template_vvv
- creature_small_vvv (lemmings and lobsters removed due to redundancy)

Excluded creatures
These were excluded due to redundancy.
- Various lemurs
- Snow Fox
- Dhole
- Marten
- Giant anteater
- Coconut crab
- Zebras

And if you'd like to use the full mod (as I didn't include everything) please visit the thread, found here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=170936.0

It also sports better documentation than what I can provide in the changelog.

NEW MOD INCLUSION!
brewer bob has been kind enough to donate his realworld trees mod to SVE. The following have been removed due to redundancy, and one uses an alternate name.
- Stone Pine renamed to Parasol Pine
- Nutmeg (already included in fine woods)
- Sandalwood (already included in fine woods)

Most of the trees are just there for variety, though some have applications as sources of food or soap-making materials. This one isn't gonna be getting full documentation on my end, but you can peruse the file (plant_new_trees_bb) or download the mod for your own uses here: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16879

As with Voliol, thank you very much to brewer bob!

NEW CREATURES
creature_surface_mammals_ex
- Javelina: A large composite of pigs with dark brown or black fur found in tropical biomes alone or in small groups of 2-3. Inspired by AoE II's huntable creature. Size 100k, giant and man versions also available.

creature_cavern_fish_ex
- Sump Clam: An albino clam found in the caverns. Edible and provides shells when fished.
- Cave Cone: An underground cousin of the limpet. Edible and provides shells when fished.

creature_surface_fish_ex
- Zebra Mussel: A species of mussel Found in temperate rivers and oceans. Edible and provides shells when fished.
- Limpet: A type of aquatic snail with a cone-like shell found in the oceans. Edible and provides shells when fished.

NEW PLANTS
Surface Trees
- Gawkerwood: A bluish tree covered in eye-like growths called Gawker Eyes that can be harvested for food, though not much else. Found in evil biomes. Assuming it works, anyway.
- Rockrib Cacti: A grayish cactus found in savage deserts. Only really useful for wood.
- Royal Sunshade: A shorter-than-usual giant purple mushroom found in good wetlands.

Surface Grasses
- Spawnclaw: Pointy, stiff, clawlike grass found in evil mountains.

Surface Shrubs
- Orchid: Taken from masterwork as a cash crop and could be considered a weird genericized form of many orchids. Cash crop that takes roughly 1/4 of a season to grow and is extracted into orchid perfume. Only grows in spring and summer. For variation's sake it's been made a bright pink color. Credit otherwise goes to Meph, since I assume he made it.
- Pumpkin: Courtesy of delphonso and the spooky season! Can be found in tropical dry broadleaf forests, grasslands and savanna as well as temperate shrubland and broadleaf forests.

Cavern Trees
- Cave Coral: Large spires of strange terrestrial corals. Count as trees. Come in 6 color varieties, two per cavern layer.
-- Pink and Blue, to be nice and inviting in layer 1.
-- Green and Brown, when the caverns start to lose their lustre in layer 2.
-- Red and Violet, befitting the fire and freakshit theme of layer 3.
- Giant Gray Bell: A giant cousin of the smaller cultivated gray bell, found in layer 1.
- Giant Wrinkle Cap: A giant cousin of the smaller cultivated wrinkle cap, found in layer 1.
- Pillar Fungus: A pale blue cousin of the tunnel tube found in all layers. Doesn't grow in or near water. Value 2
- Chimney Fungus: A dark gray cousin of the tunnel tube, found in layer 3 only releasing its spores from its top like a smoking chimney. Doesn't grow in or near water. Value 5

Cavern Grasses
- Floor Eye: An underground cousin of staring eyeballs, found in the depths of layer 3.
- Crimson Spawnclaw: Similar to the spawnclaw grass above, in a shade of red found in layers 2 and 3.
- Silver haizaflower: Just a cave variant of the flower found underground as a kind of grass.

Cavern Shrubs
- Gray Bell: A possible cousin of the plump helmet. Takes a little longer to grow but is otherwise perfectly edible, as well as brewable into Dwarven Gin. Found in layers 1 and 2.
- Wrinkle Cap: A brown mushroom with a wrinkled-looking cap. Brewable into Dwarven Scotch, found in layers 1 and 2. They take slightly longer to grow than Gray bells or Plump helmets, but you should still manage two harvests a season if you plant early.
- Cave Orchid: A white flower that grows in layer 1 and 2. takes a season to grow and us used as a cash crop to extract dwarven perfume, though it can be used in cooking as well. Derived from the surface version. Dwarven perfume is less valuable as it can be grown year round.
- Sting Stalk: A vibrant violet plant found in layers 2 and 3. Can be brewed into red sting. Slightly more valuable than usual at value 3.
- Sour Button: A small red mushroom found in layers and 2 that takes roughly half a season to grow. Inspired by the Sour Bud of Alwa's Dwarven Life Expanded mod on the steam workshop. However unlike original, it isn't processed any further and simply brewed into dwarven sour ale.

NEW INORGANICS
stone
- Jadeite: A green stone found in metamorphic and alluvial layers sometimes as large clusters. Value 4.
- Clunch: Variant of limestone sometimes found in small clusters within limestone and beerstone. Stands in for the real world Clunch, a type of limestone with chalk-like qualities. Value 3.
- Beerstone: Light gray variant of limestone. Taken from the real-life Beer Stone. May sometimes appear as layer stone. Flux-value.
-Ancasterite: Pale brown variety of limestone. May sometimes appear as layer stone. Based on one of the varieties of Ancaster Stone. Flux-value.
-Caenstone: Pale yellow variety of limestone. May sometimes appear as layer stone. Taken from the real-life Caen Stone. Flux-value.
- Dolerite: Dark gray stone. Appears rarely in large clusters in basalt and gabbro (it's much more likely to appear in basalt.) Also contains semi-ornamental value tachylite. Value 2.
- Feldspar: Light gray stone that may sometimes form sedimentary layers. Nothing special about it though, just decided to include a "common feldspar." Value 1.
- Felsite: Functionally identical to Dacite, but with a state color of ash gray instead of silver and a different tile. Now all the stones on the calendar are back in the game!
- Shimmerstone: Fictional teal stone that appears to shimmer like brilliant ore when exposed to light, even when polished and worked. Decorative stone best handled only by your finest masons. Uncommonly found in Igneus Intrusive layers as veins and less commonly in Igneus Extrusive and Metamorphic layers in small clusters. Value 30.

gemstones
- Tachylite: Dark volcanic glass not suitable for use in making blades. Considered a semi-ornamental gemstone, found only in Dolerite clusters. Value 15.
- Prismatic Jadeite: Prismatic crystalline jadeite, found in small clusters only in Jadeite itself. Value 25
- Mirrorstone: Cerulean-colored fictional gemstone found as single clusters in veins of Shimmerstone. Said to be as reflective as a mirror, hence its name. Value 35

metal
- Damascene Steel: High quality steel, the best that can be intentionally manufactured. As a compromise to historical processes, it uses two pig iron, a clay boulder, 1 coal and 1 flux. Due to its low production rate, beauty and effectiveness, it cannot be used to make ammo. Only dwarves may make this metal, obviously.

As a note, alternate names include wootz and seric steel, but I thought Damascene sounded cooler. You can change it to whatever you like on your own, lol It is slate gray and builds as a teal color.

NEW ITEMS
ammo
- Broadhead Bolts/Arrows: Larger contact area than standard bolts and arrows, intended to be used with large numbers of shooters to induce rapid blood loss on targets. Contact 100 and consequently not nearly as good for penetrating armor but not terrible either, available to vanilla civs.

headwear
- Bandana: The ubiquitous face/forehead adornment. Cloth only, 20% coverage. Commonly available to all base game civs (elves, dwarves, goblins, humans, kobolds and cave tribes)
- Coif: A humble cap made of cloth or leather that covers more than a typical cap or hat will. 75% coverage. Commonly available to most base game civs, rarely found among kobolds.
- Pipe Hat: A tall, brimless cylindrical hat resembling a pipe section. 35% coverage. Commonly available to dwarves and goblins, uncommonly to humans and rarely to elves and kobolds. Think of it like an oversized Fez.

armor
- Rattan helm, armor, heavy armor, gauntlets and greaves: Flavor variants of helm, breastplate, gauntlets and greaves available to elves and cave civs. You can imagine them as being made from woven strips of bark or outer layers of cave trees. The Heavy rattan armor covers the upper arms as well. They also don't provide full coverage, due to necessary gaps for articulation.

weapons
- Polehammer: The reason the great hammer got a nerf. Pike skill with hammerhead bashing and spear-tip thrust. Available to goblins, humans, dwarves and elves. While a distinction didn't arise until much later, weapons like it were in use well before 1400.
- Hafted Axe: A two-handed middle ground between the Great Axe and Battle Axe. Available to dwarves, tundra civs, goblins and humans. Basically a Dane Axe, pike skill to prevent shield use.

tools
- bone saw: Just a medical saw for sawing bone.

other
- Ballista Stones: Intended to serve as large, spherical projectiles ala ancient Mediterranean models such as those used by the roman legions. Reasonably deadly against poorly armored targets and able to be made in large numbers easily, making them ideal for use in wood-poor environments or heavy use of ballista-based defenses. !!NOTE!! Due to the way they're handled, without graphics they simply reuse the existing ballista bolt tiles. Nothing I can do about that, sadly.

NEW FILE - item_trap_ex
New trap components! Make your grinders more varied! Note that while three are anachronistic (mantraps and the barbed/razor cables,) the capabilities of DF engineering make them fair game in my book.
- Large ball-and-chain: A large ball on a chain. Swings out to smack the enemy twice with blunt hits.
- Spiked ball-and-chain: A piercing alternative to the ball-and-chain and serrated disc. Two piercing hits.
- Mantrap: The classic trapjaw trap. Single hit with high penetration.
- Giant hammer: A large mallet that swings out and smacks the target extremely hard. Effectively a blunt alternative to the axe blade. Can also be made of wood.
- Snap-bar: An extremely small contact, fast blunt attack. Imagine something like a giant mouse trap hammer. For best RP experience, employ these alone in a trap.
- Snap-spike: A large spike that strikes with tremendous force like a high-speed hammer. Hits once, but has absurdly high penetration. Also wood.
- Spike Plate: Basically a square board or plate covered in spikes. Hits five times but has lower than usual penetration due to the stubby spikes. Also wood.
- Battering Ram: A large blunt ram swinging out for the floor or ceiling. Also wood.
- Barbed Cable: Basically a length of barbed wire that whips out and slaps the victim with a low penetration raking by the barbs.
- Razor Cable: Concertina Wire that corkscrews out, leaving gashes in poorly armored targets. Hits 4 times.

TRIBAL MATERIALS
A new addition for kobolds and cavern civs, but more of an experiment than anything. It's simply a suite of dummy metals and reactions allowing them to bring weapons made of stone and bone weapons and armor. As such you may see the following materials as weapons alongside potentially bone armor. At least if it works, anyways.

They're sourced from Stalhansch's tribal fortress mod. While I would normally seek permission, he hasn't been active since late 2016 so I doubt he'll care.

While silly at a glance, exceptionally skilled knappers have been found through archaeology to be able to replicate metal weapons, so it'll fit fine.
- Obsidian
- Chert
- Limestone
- Granite
- Quartzite
- Rhyolite
- Basalt

NEW ADDON MODULE - Old School Dwarf Nobles
Despite the name, what this mod mainly adds is just a selection of useless nobles who don't really have any particular function beyond helping manage upset workers and flavoring up things, assuming they work anyways. These are drawn from v23a, of Boarmurdered fame with the exception of the Overseer, a position meant for succession games.

You can appoint these positions once you have a baron or higher in your fortress, with the exception of the overseer, whom you can appoint at any time and house èrith, whom you can also appoint once you have a mayor.

All of these nobles will meet with unhappy workers, and the House Anil Representative functions as a second champion with his or her own squad. The House Råsh representative will also lead a smaller half-squad of Mortuary Guards.

They also have near-identical requirements and privileges of a decent (value 500,) office, dining room and bedroom and may make a single demand once in a while, though the house èrith rep, by virtue of their role, will mandate stuff to be produced or withheld from export.

House Råsh and House Anil have additional requirements of a burial chamber and may make a single mandate, but make no demands. For best roleplaying effect, it is best to assign a citzen who likes slabs/coffins and weapons/armor respectively to these positions.

- House Lam: The House of Stone, representing the stoneworker's guilds.
- House Fer: The House of Beasts, representing your hunters, trappers and other animal handlers.
- House Ber: The House of Earth, representing the farming guilds.
- House Kor: The House of the Caverns, representing the miner's guilds.
- House éthes: The Glistening House, representing the gemworker's guilds.
- House Kel: The House of Metal, representing the metalsmith's guilds.
- House Fotthor: The House of the Forest, representing the woodworker's guilds.
- House Anil: The House of Glory, standing in for the weapon cult representatives and soldiery of a fortress.
- House èrith: The House of Labor, representing the various craftsdwarves and clothesmakers.
- House Olon: The House of Gears, representing the engineers and siegecrafters.
- House Råsh: The House of Death, representing the honored dead of the fortress.
- Overseer: Effectively the player's position, for your personal or favorite dwarf you consider calling the shots or to ID the current ruler in succession games.
- Court Advisor: A stand-in for the old Philosopher, this noble does nothing besides make a single demand once in a while. Think of them as your nobility or overseer's right hand man, who sometimes demands weird things in his room.

VANILLA ENTITY EDITS
- Dwarves now have access to flails, morningstars, mauls, great axes and two-handed swords again. I forgot in this set up I had to do that, lol. They might not be able to use the latter three without the weapon patch, but they can still be useful for trade or larger residents.
- Elves and goblins can now generate mercenaries besides beast/monster slayers. Send goblins and elves to kill their kinsmen! Or die in place of your own citizens underground!

OTHER CHANGES
- Two Needed files for the full mod have been moved from additional entities module to items and wild creatures.
- Entity Patch modified to to include black steel and white gold production (for dwarves) and arsenical bronze (humans, dwarves, goblins.) Why these were in fantasy metals' patch I'll never know.
- Great Hammer attack contact area increased to 50 and velocity reduced to 5000
- Messenger Horse has been renamed to hobby horse/hobbies and size brought up to 450k (still smaller than work horses and coursers.)
- War Horse has been renamed to courser horse/coursers.
- Arapaima fish removed and replaced with Voliol's version.
- Moved reactions to make mundane but valuable metals from Fantasy Metals to the regular additions patch file. Not sure why I did that. Also the addons are no longer hard requirements, you can freely ignore fine woods and fantasy metals if so inclined.

The README file contains thank yous to a ton of people.

Get the mod here, and let me know if anything's broken.

aSpatula66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 22, 2023, 12:49:03 pm »

CUT_WEAPON doesn't exist, only CUT_ITEM. Also layer linked civs currently just use all metals for their equipment, although the old groups of 5-10 still exist and properly use the right materials, the new cavern invaders don't.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 12:59:55 pm by aSpatula66 »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 22, 2023, 01:35:22 pm »

CUT_WEAPON doesn't exist, only CUT_ITEM. Also layer linked civs currently just use all metals for their equipment, although the old groups of 5-10 still exist and properly use the right materials, the new cavern invaders don't.

Then evidently I misread some stuff, which is entirely on me. I appreciate the correction. I have to iron out some small issues for a lil baby bugfix release anyways, so I'll reimplement the weapon patch then.

As for the cavern dwellers, all I did was give them more stuff to use for weapons and armor/apparel, I didn't fiddle with available materials, so what they use is what they use on that front. Can just assume they use stuff they've stolen or scavenged from deep dwarf or goblin settlements. If there's some jank with new armor or apparel, then there's some jank.

EDIT: I did double check my tags on the weapon patch, I had indeed used CUT_ITEM so something else went wrong there. I also forgot I added the faux metals, lol. I added them in really early on in the update so I just sorta forgot. if they use'em, great, if not, oh well. I'll find out soon enough.

EDIT II: Seems there's some real jank shit going on that wasn't happening in previous tests/uses of the mod. Not sure what's causing them. Also I need to go through a number of things and make them non-pets, my most recent test for ended up with what amounts to naked tiger beetle man slaves lol.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]