Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Voliol's Various Vivants [v3.6|50.11] - now with mice  (Read 44506 times)

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: Voliol's Various Vivants [v3.1|47.01] - now with figs and hornets
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2020, 10:54:17 am »

Do we have any Malagasy* here, or other lemur-knowers? I'm planning to add some lemurs and need to know which ones are the most important. As of yet, the ring-tailed lemur is a given.

*sorry for the stereotype, I imagine one should know relatively more about the endemic fauna, regardless of location

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: Voliol's Various Vivants [v3.3|50.01] - now with earwigs and manatees
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2022, 06:20:46 pm »

It's been a while, but here's a new version, in preparation for the Steam/itch.io release on Tuesday. Though it should work with 0.47.05 as well if you just install the objects normally. It's v3.3 following v3.1, because apparently I forgot to upload v3.2...

Version 3.3 up

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: Voliol's Various Vivants [v3.4|50.01] - now with earwigs and manatees
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2022, 11:34:23 am »

Version 3.3 was broken in certain ways, so I fixed that, and tested it on the Premium version/50.01. It should still be compatible with 0.47.05 still, I think.

Version 3.4 up

Ombragon

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLEEQUICK][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
Re: Voliol's Various Vivants [v3.1|47.01] - now with figs and hornets
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2022, 08:10:05 am »

Do we have any Malagasy* here, or other lemur-knowers? I'm planning to add some lemurs and need to know which ones are the most important. As of yet, the ring-tailed lemur is a given.

*sorry for the stereotype, I imagine one should know relatively more about the endemic fauna, regardless of location

Soooo, I may have awakened from a long slumber and have in the meantime worked in nature management for a reserve in Madagascar last year, so here's some lemurs :
      The indri, they are tailless and the biggest lemur, they tend to dwell high in the canopy to form chorus and howl together, I learned they were socializing but their screams still scares me
      The sifaka, one of my favourite, I love how they hop around and their long tails, they spend most of their times climbing trees
      The mouse lemur, or microcebe, they are nocturnal and the smallest are thumb-sized

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2022, 04:40:24 am »

Speaking of lemurs, the red ruffed lemur and the black-and-white ruffed lemur are quite notable, for their appearance if nothing else. I mean, I'm no lemur expert, but these guys seem to be popular.

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2023, 05:53:38 pm »

Crops (including two fungi):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I actually didn't bother to read through what the mod added, instead I just went in blind, and found myself being continually surprised whenever I encounter things it added out in the wild. While I wouldn't say this is the best way to play this mod, this was certainly a fun way of playing it.

Now, I was very surprised when I found that peyote had been added to the game!

Eventually, I figured out that peyote has the potential to grant up to two syndromes. At first, the only syndrome I found was the displeasure granting one, from eating something bitter.

To my amusement, I eventually did discover that peyote has the potential to grant a second syndrome as well, but only after it has been milled into a powdered extract, and then incorporated into a prepared meal. 

However, I'm not entirely certain as whether peyote is working quite as intended. Creatures still seem to be primarily concerned with the immense displeasure they experience from eating something bitter, rather than the psychedelic effects of the cactus.
(Note: This screenshot is from a dwarf who is eating a lavish prepared meal, whose base ingredient is peyote powder. Also, ignore the relieved part, thats there because the dwarf appears to have taken a dump in the middle of dinner. I'm also still up to my knees in sh*t from working on this sh*t mod. At the current rate it'll probably be completed just before the turn of the next millennium.)

« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 06:01:23 pm by dikbutdagrate »

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2023, 06:55:57 pm »

Thanks for the lemur recommendations, I'll keep them in mind :)

Crops (including two fungi):

I actually didn't bother to read through what the mod added, instead I just went in blind, and found myself being continually surprised whenever I encounter things it added out in the wild. While I wouldn't say this is the best way to play this mod, this was certainly a fun way of playing it.

Now, I was very surprised when I found that peyote had been added to the game!

Eventually, I figured out that peyote has the potential to grant up to two syndromes. At first, the only syndrome I found was the displeasure granting one, from eating something bitter.

To my amusement, I eventually did discover that peyote has the potential to grant a second syndrome as well, but only after it has been milled into a powdered extract, and then incorporated into a prepared meal. 

However, I'm not entirely certain as whether peyote is working quite as intended. Creatures still seem to be primarily concerned with the immense displeasure they experience from eating something bitter, rather than the psychedelic effects of the cactus.
(Note: This screenshot is from a dwarf who is eating a lavish prepared meal, whose base ingredient is peyote powder. Also, ignore the relieved part, thats there because the dwarf appears to have taken a dump in the middle of dinner. I'm also still up to my knees in sh*t from working on this sh*t mod. At the current rate it'll probably be completed just before the turn of the next millennium.)

Thanks for pointing it out, I'll nerf the bitterness (or buff the wonder?) for the next version. Not working on this mod currently and haven't for a while, but inevitably there will be a next one.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: Voliol's Various Vivants [v3.6|50.11] - now with mice
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2023, 03:11:13 am »

There were some issues with Dugongs and Manatees especially, thank you Splint and Hugo for pointing out what the fixes were here. Sorry dikbut for not remembering the peyote this time.

Version 3.6 up
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]