Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: ArmageddonMUD  (Read 5513 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: ArmageddonMUD
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2017, 11:37:59 pm »

I find it really difficult to roleplay as someone who was born in Allanak when I know nothing about it, even after reading the help file on allanak I still feel like I don't know it at all.
I know! That's always been one of my biggest gripes with the game.
Good luck, I'm sure you'll figure it out. My internet isn't so hot at the moment so trying to get into an RPI probably wouldn't end so well, haha.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2017, 01:42:31 am »

I'm really interested in playing, I've already made my account and character but I've been kinda stuck roaming around, getting lost, scared to do anything LOL. Armageddon is my first MUD and also my first roleplay experience. I was hopping through different forums to find anyone who knows the game to see if anyone would teach me OOC how to basic do stuff, I find it really difficult to roleplay as someone who was born in Allanak when I know nothing about it, even after reading the help file on allanak I still feel like I don't know it at all. So if anyone is interested in helping me out or being a companion in-game, shoot me a message or add my discord @Eridus#4055 (First time posting on here as well, not sure if I'm breaking any rules here lmao)

The game has its own forums here and the homepage contains a link to a (usually) live volunteer help chat.

If you find it difficult to play as someone from Allanak then make it easier for yourself.  Play an amnesiac, an idiot, or a nobody from a farming village.

Out of character cooperation is against the game rules, and posting your name on one particular discord server isn't enough for anybody to be able to find it anyway.

I'd recommend you look into joining the T'zai Byn, it's a great place to learn the ropes.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Feco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2017, 03:11:20 pm »

If you say "I'm from the farming villages, I don't know where/what that is," everyone will get it. 

You'll learn more as you go -- that's part of the fun!

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2017, 02:15:04 pm »

Any feedback from forumites who tried this?

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2017, 11:57:32 pm »

Barely any players, less than 30.

Player characters often live and die incredibly fast, sometimes without any RP involved

Admins usually play super important npcs with plot armor and everything, and get attached to them

Really closely knit community, practically all long term players know who plays what

I think I'll give this a pass.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2017, 02:35:55 pm »

It's basically the codifier for everything that has gone wrong with the RPI community over the years, I really would not recommend it.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 03:59:22 pm by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2018, 08:50:16 am »

https://youtu.be/QOcRoflLSCo

Any Bay12ers playing this these days? Or wanting to get (back?) into it, for that matter.
I still have absolutely shite internet but that should be changing in the near future, and lately I've been hit with a particularly potent episode of MUDlust - you know, strong desire to start playing an RPI again.

SoI seems to be at least somewhat alive these days, but after not having played it in so many years I'm kinda hoping my memories of it are hazy enough for me to finally get properly into Arm, heh.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 2 [3]