Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Blue dot for "Partial Matches" equipment substitution  (Read 752 times)

Mort Stroodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Blue dot for "Partial Matches" equipment substitution
« on: July 05, 2018, 05:06:14 pm »

Equipping dwarves would be much less of a hassle if there was a way to tell if your military dwarves were actually wearing the armor you've specified, or if they're wearing a partial match substitute. As it stands, I can either set partial matches, and have no idea how much steel armor I need to make because my military shows up as having little green check marks even when they're wearing copper armor, or I can set exact matches, and see exactly how much of everything needs to get made, but leave half my military naked. If there were a blue dot instead of a green check or a red X when the dwarf is wearing a partial match instead of the specified armor, you would have the best of both worlds. You can make use of the piles of iron lying around to make some iron armor while the steel is cooking, while still being able to know exactly how much steel armor need to get made to fully equip your military. This seems like a fairly simple improvement that would make managing your military equipment much more painless.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blue dot for "Partial Matches" equipment substitution
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 06:04:56 pm »

This sounds like a good idea.

You'd have to be careful though, as the green checkmark only indicates that the equipment is available, not that they're actually wearing it. If a dorf was attached to a copper helmet while a steel one was available, the blue dot would still show. You'd still end up having to check your dorfs visually. Edge case maybe. Not too important.

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blue dot for "Partial Matches" equipment substitution
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 11:23:09 am »

Equipping dwarves would be much less of a hassle if there was a way to tell if your military dwarves were actually wearing the armor you've specified, or if they're wearing a partial match substitute...

The Priority/Assignments pane of the military equipment screen tells you which exact equipment has been *assigned* to each dwarf in the squad, so you can see any partial/unintended matches.