Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Gridrim Survival: Now with about 99% more barehanded hunting!  (Read 5161 times)

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridrim Survival: Now with about 99% more barehanded hunting!
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2018, 08:09:31 pm »

Nevermind.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 08:11:05 pm by dgr11897 »
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Oblivion2007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2018, 08:27:35 pm »

Hold on, WHAT?! Did you just say you will unilaterally change our character builds and also basically just hint that you would quickly kill off the quest using the excuse of RNG?

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2018, 08:30:50 pm »

Yeah, 0crta_tr0per, you might want to tone that back a good bit, that is a good way to quickly lose players.
My Power armor arms race

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2018, 08:32:46 pm »

Choosing to use random stuff is ok. If we all die because of a random dice roll and the game doesn't make it to turn 33 I am off the hook and don't need to make a Gridland Survival game  ;)

But changing out traits with random ones seems like a horrible idea. The least you could do is explain why it wouldn't work and let people re-choose their traits, or even just continue with an almost useless one if that is their preference.

Edit: I decided to make a list of all the changed traits for everyone's convenience.

Deandre's Gatherer ability was replaced with Free Gathering for some reason. Seriously? You couldn't think of a use for "Gatherer"?

caelum's Star Blessed was replaced with Dreams Big.
caelum's Soaring was replaced with... Star Touched?
Oh. The position of the traits seems to have been changed and Soaring was replaced with Dreams Big. Star Blessed was just renamed for some reason.

Edit 2: The Guardian skill was not yet added to the list. I'm not going to stall my action because of this because I do not believe it will be relevant on this turn.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 09:36:37 pm by Supernerd »
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2018, 09:41:21 pm »

Eliza Sparrow

Movement Action (Movement First): As the starting location is unclear, Eliza Sparrow moves from (Unspecified starting tile) to F6, or just stays there if she already was on the tile.
Standard Action: Eliza Sparrow investigates the tile. (F6) to try to learn more about it.
(Personal Skill Free Gathering): Eliza Sparrow works on gathering food (F6)
(Player Character Skill Free Research): Eliza Sparrow begins research on Gathering Techniques (Tile not relevant)

Relevant passive skills: Survivalist
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2018, 10:15:57 pm »

Choosing to use random stuff is ok. If we all die because of a random dice roll and the game doesn't make it to turn 33 I am off the hook and don't need to make a Gridland Survival game  ;)

But changing out traits with random ones seems like a horrible idea. The least you could do is explain why it wouldn't work and let people re-choose their traits, or even just continue with an almost useless one if that is their preference.

Edit: I decided to make a list of all the changed traits for everyone's convenience.

Deandre's Gatherer ability was replaced with Free Gathering for some reason. Seriously? You couldn't think of a use for "Gatherer"?

caelum's Star Blessed was replaced with Dreams Big.
caelum's Soaring was replaced with... Star Touched?
Oh. The position of the traits seems to have been changed and Soaring was replaced with Dreams Big. Star Blessed was just renamed for some reason.

Edit 2: The Guardian skill was not yet added to the list. I'm not going to stall my action because of this because I do not believe it will be relevant on this turn.
I had changed them around earlier, and in all honesty I am fine with how he changed my stuff, I understand your frustration with gatherer though.
My Power armor arms race

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2018, 11:05:53 am »

Spreadsheet

Food status: 9/42/0/0

The starting tile is F6. Also weapons are first come first serve. I also said earlier that I don't feel like letting the trait list be cluttered with redundant traits or ones which have similar effects.

ALSO NEW RULE:  YOU MUST SPECIFY YOUR CHARACTER'S NAME IN EVERY ACTION AS WELL AS THE TILE. THIS IS TO SAVE ME TIME AND EFFORT INTO UPDATING THIS GAME.

You also have free research so use it!

Kevin equips the Plasteel Knife before heading to F7 to search it. There's plains and a river there. There is some shrubs with berries, but nothing else of note.

Salis heads to E6 and checks for edible plants. Turns out, several plants from Earth were used in colonization, which he picks up before bringing them to the food stockpile.

David heads to F5 and begins researching stone knapping. There are probably more sensible things to research.

Lilith manages to train the husky in obedience, and names him Edgar.

Caelum grabs the M1911, but forgets about the magazines. Whoops. He then searches D5, and finds more of the slope leading down. He discovers that the escape pods already function as prefab tents, with storage and 3 convertible bedchairs.

Deandre goes to search E6 with Salis for plants, and finds a thorny bush, the hard way. The bush in question does have berries, though, which may be edible.

Niara inspects the pods for anything that can be removed from the pods, and finds spare machinery parts in the storage.

Eliza Sparrow tries to move to F6, but fails because she's already there. She then investigates F6, and doesn't find anything of note other than 3 escape pods and a giant pear tree. She then looks around the area to forage for fruits and other edible plants, and finds a smaller pear tree that's just the right size to pick from without the need of ladders, bringing down 4 pears. She then researches gathering techniques, and grasps the concept of basketmaking.

it's over

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2018, 02:37:09 pm »

I think my turn's half done; the spare parts didn't get added on the stockpile and you forgot my research.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2018, 02:56:34 pm »

Salis D6
Move from E6 to D6. Salis scouts E6, keeping an eye out for any threats to the survivors while mapping the area out. Research; Crude Makeshift weaponry (Crude Bows, wooden spears and slings)

(btw what do my traits actually do?)

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2018, 02:59:27 pm »

Caelum d5
Caelum moves to F6 and picks up a .45 acp magazine before using his bionics to get up the large pear tree and harvest some pears
while Caelum is doing that he also researches orchards.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 06:18:28 pm by dgr11897 »
My Power armor arms race

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2018, 04:31:35 pm »

Eliza Sparrow

Movement Action (Movement First): Eliza Sparrow moves from F6 to F7
Standard Action: Eliza Sparrow works on creating Makeshift Tools
(Personal Skill Free Gathering): Eliza Sparrow works on gathering food (F7)
(Player Character Skill Free Research): Eliza Sparrow begins research on Material: Wood (Tile not relevant)

Relevant passive skills: Survivalist

Spoiler: Eliza's Journal (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 12:36:09 am by Supernerd »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2018, 05:03:07 pm »

KEVIN Heads to D6 to Explore!

As well he Freely researches The local wildlife.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

UristMcChladni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2018, 05:39:25 pm »

(btw what do my traits actually do?)
We really need an answer to this question.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2018, 06:17:40 pm »

I would recommend completing the trait information sooner rather than later. Procrastination kills games, after all.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2018, 07:03:15 pm »

Deandre checks the Unnamed berries if they are edible and names them Dornberry. She uses her free gathering skill to gather more berries at E6 and she researches Safe Dornberry Gathering.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6