Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Jurassic World Evolution  (Read 2900 times)

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Jurassic World Evolution
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2017, 09:39:41 pm »

Supposedly this is being made by the same guys who made Planet Coaster? If that's the case you can expect a decent sandbox-y game, but without much in the way of actual park management etc. Great if all you wanna do is build a park.

Planetcoaster, elite dangerous and zoo tycoon, as well as rollercoaster tycoon 2 ( so frontier games do have a history, their games arent that deep, but they do have lots of interlocking options, well supported, decent dev team and well we shall see)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2017, 03:51:04 pm »

Have a video
Visually impressive, the animations look pretty good to me, but still nothing about actual gameplay.

E: Apparently they have more but I'm not going to look through it right now
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 03:53:30 pm by OzyTheSage »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2018, 12:48:57 pm »

Quill18 released a Press Preview of the game.
And so far, It very much look like Operation Genesis with plenty of improvements.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2018, 12:51:15 pm »

I'm very glad the gameplay trailer showed dinosaurs actually breaking out and attacking people. I was worried they might not include that after Zoo Tycoon's reboot didn't have it.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 12:52:53 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2018, 01:54:24 pm »

Yeah, but Zoo Tycoon isn't based on movie where a pack of wolves breaks out and kills everyone.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2018, 04:29:55 am »

The game has been released.
I played for two hours and so far, it has me quite entertained.
It has pretty much the same features as Operation Genesis had, with some exceptions. (No hot air balloons so far.. :-\ )
You should however, watch a few Youtube videos before you make a decision whether to buy it or not. (This is always my recommended approach.)

(This is not a proper review, so check out any non IGN-related reviews if you are looking for one.)
(The IGN review for this game is a joke, 4.8 when everyone else rates it around 7 or something like that.)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 06:27:19 am by Ultimuh »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2018, 12:26:27 pm »

It's been about five and a half years since I paid $60 for a game. I'll probably have to make an exception for this one.

*Alright, I went ahead and got it.

Spoiler: Meet Nepeta. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 08:23:33 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 [2]