Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Author Topic: OpenTTD: Signal Finagling simulator.  (Read 32527 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: OpenTTD: Signal Finagling simulator.
« Reply #255 on: July 12, 2016, 12:11:14 am »

Are the incoming trains going on one track and leaving on a different, or are they coming in on two different tracks and leaving on two others? If the former, split it in two with a path signal right in front, one-way. Have two path signals at each outlet of the station facing the station as an exit, and obviously do not make these one-way. If my memory serves, the path signals, since they are facing the wrong way, won't act as a signal block to the earlier path signal, and allow them to correctly function as a station inlet signal. Then you simply use some cross-overs to let the trains in the station to exit normally.

If the path signals don't act as one ways then that may be what I need. I avoided them because they had no doubles like the first signal, so i thought they were one way.

someone help me make train lines that actually earn me money

Find coal mine and power plant nearby, one station on each, one lane, make it a loop (rail enters one end of station and leaves out the other) Add path signals so trains go one direction in loop, add trains. Simplest way to do it.

But assuming you know all this, why aren't they making money? I can only assume you have too many carts for hauling goods so you end up transporting less than the upkeep on the carts for the trains.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 12, 2016, 12:16:28 am »

Probably that, yeah.
Black lives matter.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 12, 2016, 04:33:29 am »

Dikes?

I don't recall dikes at all. Last I remember of this game is that if any land is below sea level, it automatically becomes water.

Nope, sea level land only floods when it is either
- connected to the map edge
- connected to another body of water
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 16, 2016, 04:05:53 pm »

Have you checked My Documents, or My Games?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 31, 2016, 05:00:43 pm »

You know what I really want to see added to this game at some point? Modular airports.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #260 on: September 13, 2016, 11:39:04 am »

Me and a few friends were playing this a while back. We got bored and started mucking around, and discovered what happens when you build an aqueduct over a section of track with signals.

No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 17, 2018, 06:07:50 pm »

I'm wanting to mess around in a server with a slight twist in the form of having 2/3 people each starting in the same city (depends on size) and expanding outwards from that point.  Every route made must in some way have an ability to have a path be traced back to that city in some way.  New players after startup start in ones close to an established network and connect up to it before building out.  Something does not have to explicity run on this route, it just has to be able to be done.  Being able to transfer goods/passengers between transportation types counts as them being part of one network.

Potential further rules we can work with:
1) Cargo must be picked up or delivered via a freight station immediately adjacent to the industry that receives it.
2) Passenger income can only be gotten from a bus service that covers a super-majority or more (x > 66%) of a city. (Note: picking up and transferring passengers from the same station will trap them in an endless loop.  Will need one station to offload to the bus network, and another to pick up from the bus network if transferring to another type of service)

Thoughts/potential NewGRFs to use?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]