Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DFHack script—overview of naked dwarves?  (Read 1637 times)

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
DFHack script—overview of naked dwarves?
« on: June 05, 2018, 05:44:03 pm »

Is there a DFHack script out there that lets you see which of your dwarves are missing clothing/wearing worn-out clothing? My biggest problem with the clothing industry is that I never know exactly what I need to be making.
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack script—overview of naked dwarves?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 03:46:32 am »

I doubt it, although it could be made. If you don't care about quality and only have dorfs in your fortress you can use the vanilla manager to maintain a small supply of each piece of clothing. If it's small enough you can keep this supply in the clothier shop.
If you have multiply sized citizens, such as e.g. humans among the dorfs, I think you can use the manager to keep stocks of clothing by designating different materials to different sizes.

If you care about quality, however, you're out of luck, as the manager doesn't have quality (or size) among its parameters. For quality you definitely want to have the item ready when the need appears, as dorfs otherwise have a tendency to pick up the first one off the line, and then pick up a new item of the next higher quality, stashing all of it in their cabinet or room floor.
And even if you do manage to make a script for maintaining masterworks stocks of clothing items for each of your population sizes you still have the issue that there is nothing to regulate the raw material flow...

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 04:20:31 am »

Not a DFHack script, but Dwarf Therapist has an equipment overview that lists what is missing or worn.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 09:13:38 am »

Deleted.
Confused by the forum running so slowly...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 09:18:48 am by Shonai_Dweller »