Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Agricultural Revolution [47.xx]  (Read 8169 times)

Xilian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Agricultural Revolution [44.10]
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2020, 06:51:54 am »

Trolls also not historical, why you dont' remove tjem? Also you broke normal reactions. So, I will make my own mod about farming. With blackjack and... You undersyand.

I don't remove trolls because this mod focuses on agriculture, not on creatures.

What normal reactions are broken exactly? The milling and fibre processing is still in the game (because its hard-coded into the workshops) but is discouraged to be used because it messes with the balance of the mod. The two existing brewing reactions are not hard-coded and have been removed from the RAWs. Furthermore seed recovery has been removed from the paper making reactions, which is all in line with the balance this mod wants to achieve. No other reactions were touched.

I look forward to seeing what you do with your own farming mod.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Agricultural Revolution [44.10]
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2020, 10:45:51 pm »

Trolls also not historical, why you dont' remove tjem? Also you broke normal reactions. So, I will make my own mod about farming. With blackjack and... You undersyand.

I don't remove trolls because this mod focuses on agriculture, not on creatures.

What normal reactions are broken exactly? The milling and fibre processing is still in the game (because its hard-coded into the workshops) but is discouraged to be used because it messes with the balance of the mod. The two existing brewing reactions are not hard-coded and have been removed from the RAWs. Furthermore seed recovery has been removed from the paper making reactions, which is all in line with the balance this mod wants to achieve. No other reactions were touched.

I look forward to seeing what you do with your own farming mod.
Why you dare to remove plants?

You talk about balance, but reality has no balancers or testers. Make realistic mod than balance mod. The only result of your nerfing - more meat industry in fortresses. And you wrong with seeds, oaoer not made out of seeds.

If dwarves get hunger faster, like in AM, plants omly need to grow in proper seasons. For dwarves, who eat even not every month, I prefer to change edibility of some materials, add some new materials snd make reactions that need more kilograms of food for make one portion.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: The Agricultural Revolution [47.xx]
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2020, 01:53:53 am »

"Game balance" is the worst idea anyone ever had.

CarpBiter2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2020, 06:37:45 am »

I, for one, like OP's ideas.

They really should make chess sandbox.
Why you dare to remove plants?
Don't worry, as a potato myself I give OP full permission to represent plants as he pleases.
The lake unfroze, the ducks drowned.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2020, 08:13:34 am »

They really should make chess sandbox.
Chess already isn't a balanced game, passed pawns are OP.

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2022, 03:22:59 pm »

Hi! I haven't tried your mod yet, but had tinkered around with RavingManiac's Seasonal Crops mod back in the 0.3x days and this seems to have similar goals with longer crop seasonality and reducing overall crop yield, etc.

Are there any plans to update this mod after the Steam release next month, or should I maybe look into making a personal mod to do the same thing?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 05:17:16 pm by Xen0n »

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2022, 10:12:07 pm »

OP hasn't been active in 3 months, recommend you just go for it. or send PM.
Pages: 1 [2]