Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Advanced retiring  (Read 426 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Advanced retiring
« on: June 08, 2018, 12:30:07 pm »

When you retire a fort and:

-visit with your adventurer. Will waterworks/ pumps/ machinery keep functioning? What happens to water that is just offloaded the map edge? Can you pick up items from pedestals?

-unretire the fort. How to make sure furniture doesn't get moved? I'm under the impression that stuff that is in someones room will have a higher chance to remain there. But even most doors will be unhinged. Not to mention the duplicate artifacts that dissapear once un- and rebuilt. How do pedestals behave with all that? Can you lessen the extent of moved furniture with say, zones? Or is it better to attribute them to a room/owner? Or both?

-did the hostile passive npc thing get better?

-do constructions degrade over very long periods of time; even if inhabited?

-how are birth / marriage rates when compared to fortmode?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 12:36:18 pm by dragdeler »
let

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Advanced retiring
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 06:43:22 pm »

Will waterworks/ pumps/ machinery keep functioning? What happens to water that is just offloaded the map edge? Can you pick up items from pedestals?
I haven't tested pumps specifically, but levers and bridges work, water wheels turn, and rivers keep flowing. Water offloaded disappears forever. (Map-edge drains via carved fortifications cease to function in adventure mode. Beware flooding.) I'm fairly sure you can grab items from pedestals. (IIRC, that used to create a duplicate item, but I think that's been fixed.)
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Advanced retiring
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 08:27:38 pm »

Usual unretire bugs (hostile labelled non-hostiles, taverns full of merchants, etc) from a while back are still present.
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=9176