Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Total War: Three Kingdoms - Grand Scale Romantic Historical Battles.  (Read 12028 times)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Three Kingdoms - Grand Scale Romantic Historical Battles.
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2019, 03:05:20 pm »

I read that this game had more than 2000 positive reviews within the first 5 minutes of launching on the Steam Store. Sadly, that seems to be the way the video game industry is going.
I want to give this game a fair chance, but will have to hold off purchasing until I can find some honest feedback.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2019, 04:18:23 pm »

I read that this game had more than 2000 positive reviews within the first 5 minutes of launching on the Steam Store. Sadly, that seems to be the way the video game industry is going.

just the video game industry, eh?

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2019, 11:31:57 pm »

I want to give this game a fair chance, but will have to hold off purchasing until I can find some honest feedback.

it is still mostly postivie but the price is excessive so I just haven't brought it till a sale

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2019, 06:58:38 am »

As much as I want it, let other people be the unpaid beta testers and get a good chunk of the bugs. I'll be waiting until the next Steam sale where it goes down to half off.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2019, 08:44:47 am »

Yeah wait for a sale. As is it’s a pretty high quality TW game. The extra few months really helped iron out all of the bugs too.

The difficulty is on a different level to TW:W though. Surprisingly, it’s easier for dwarves to ally with humans than it is for Liu Bei and Liu Biao to get along. I’ve just attained a duchy and my coalition immediately threw me out.

In the fights, I’m not doing much better. Battle difficulty is turned pretty far down so anyone who knows how to turn flanks or back charge has a trivial time- except I just got attacked by Lu Bu and he made my army disappear.

Romance mode is crazy. I initially did about ten turns in romance mode, went “eh” and switched to records; and then discovered that generals have no abilities at all, not even rally or inspire. So, back to romance and apart from the scissors-paper-rock commander matchups, it’s pretty good.
Although i’ve got way too many off-brand legendary vanguards in my government now and I don’t want to put them all in the same army.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2019, 02:20:57 pm »

I just learned that having a yellow commander in the army gives you formations.  You normally don't have any, other then ancillaries.

EDIT: Or it might just be the blue guys leveling up by the time I get yellow ones.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 04:14:11 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2019, 03:06:02 am »

Random gripe, but i’ve had the “one character gets wounded, two characters have a deeper relationship” pop up twice for Zhang fe. First time he gets maimed, now he gets lame. He has literally never been hurt in combat but his stats are degrading through sheer relentless popups.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2019, 07:08:34 am »

That's pretty much how No Man's Sky has been "improving".
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2019, 12:50:51 pm »

New patch is now available on the beta branch. Lot's of nifty stuff but I gotta say

You will no longer get an Untrustworthy penalty when protecting vassals

this is pretty good. Although it makes me wonder even more why they put it in the game in the first place.

Edit: woops I forgot to mention they've announced a dlc for a new start date in 291 CE.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 12:56:31 pm by A Thing »
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2019, 10:53:06 am »

Since we don't have a general Total War thread: Fall of the Samurai is going to be rereleased as a standalone Saga title, folks who have it will get all dlc (except for the obligatory blood dlc) for free and it's also on sale.

Also CA registered Total War Saga: Troy in the UK, so that looks like the next game.

There's also some kerfuffle going on in the modding scene for the games regarding Radious and his team plagiarising and monetizing content made by other modders without permission, losing NDA access to patches and new releases, and then siccing their fans on other modders and TWC admins.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2019, 11:24:25 am »

Bronze Age Total War sounds pretty neat. Sea People invasion or we riot.

Radious and his ilk have terrible PR, poor reputations, and a very inflated sense of ego, but I've found their mods useful for when I want to throw a bunch of armies against each other and not worry about managing money
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2019, 02:47:48 pm »

So Charlemagne is likely to become a Saga as well? Nice way to squeeze some extra bucks from old expansions I guess.
They're definitely moving in a paradox direction though.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2019, 03:13:55 pm »

Hasn't Fall of the Samurai always been a standalone expansion? I know I owned it before I ever owned Shogun 2. So Charlemagne won't be Saga since its not standalone as far as I know.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2019, 04:56:04 pm »

Hasn't Fall of the Samurai always been a standalone expansion? I know I owned it before I ever owned Shogun 2. So Charlemagne won't be Saga since its not standalone as far as I know.
Yes it was always standalone, but this is basically re-branding effort and bundling together the 4 clan dlcs 
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2019, 09:46:05 pm »

Ah, so its more like how Empire, Napoleon, and Medieval II got Definitive Editions last year.  I guess Shogun 2 proper will get the same treatment in the next year or so too.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6