Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Total War: Three Kingdoms - Grand Scale Romantic Historical Battles.  (Read 11836 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Three Kingdoms - Grand Scale Romantic Historical Battles.
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2019, 10:45:18 am »

Guess this is the historical total war thread these days.

Total War Saga: Troy just got announced for next year, although there's been signs this has been in the works for awhile. Looks like they're going for a "realistic" depiction of the war, but with hero units a la Warhammer and 3K. Also there's a lot of Brad Pitt Troy memes on the subreddit now.

Steam Page
FAQ
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2019, 10:57:31 am »

I assumed when I heard they were doing Troy that it would include "hero duels" as in Three Kingdoms, a la Bektor and Achilles and all the other duels in the Iliad.
Love, scriver~

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2019, 11:03:05 am »

Achilles is too OP, so they'll nerf him by having him sulk in his tent for most of the campaign
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2019, 11:15:17 am »

I assumed when I heard they were doing Troy that it would include "hero duels" as in Three Kingdoms, a la Bektor and Achilles and all the other duels in the Iliad.
The FAQ specifically mentions there's hero duels in Troy. It sounds like there's a few tweaks from 3K, but not sure how significant they are.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2019, 02:57:19 pm »

Achilles is too OP, so they'll nerf him by having him sulk in his tent for most of the campaign

You have to do a special spy action to even make him vulnerable to attacks.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2019, 09:27:02 pm »

Nah Paris will just do 1000% hero damage as long as he's not actually in a duel.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2019, 12:03:43 pm »

New DLC announced: Mandate of Heaven, which takes place in 183 and concerns the fall of the Han Empire and the Yellow Turban Rebellion.

One notable thing is that once you hit 190 CE, the DLC campaign will transition into the default one which is real nice.

Here be the FAQ

New playable characters in the DLC are Liu Hong (Emperor Ling), Liu Chong, Lu Zhi, Zhang Jue, Zhang Liang and Zhang Bao. Also playable are Cao Cao, Liu Bei, Sun Jian and Dong Zhuo. They'll also be accompanied by a FLC Warlord in the form of Tao Qian for (I think) both campaigns..

EDIT: Tao Qian info
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 12:26:49 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]