Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Should citizens of a settlement attack you when you kill the Lord and claim it?  (Read 993 times)

Truncatedurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Metalsoul212

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Personally I think I should be tried to who was friends with the Lord. People that hated him or had no relations to him should remain friendly as should the people with good relations to you. Soldiers and people that had family ties and friendships should become enemies soon as the death is discovered. This would cause cause a bit of a loyalty cascade. At first that cascade might seem extreme but if you think about it causes the correct exteme power struggle as the void of power would likely result in a massive civil war as you now have to claim the lordship through force. Making a large amount of friends before killing the Lord would give you more advantage when attempting to take control!

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Probably not unless they have some personal connection with the Lord, as Metalsoul said.

Right now, most citizens seem to care little one way or another about their local government leaders, so their apathy isn't unfounded.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 01:42:57 pm by Witty »
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On the other hand, leaders seem to care about their subjects, i had a elf queen attack me after i killed some hippies