Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Stone Story RPG - NOW AVAILABLE  (Read 12808 times)

( Tchey )

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://jeux1d100.net/
Re: Stone Story RPG
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2018, 09:48:41 am »

I am amazed.

standardcombo

• Bay Watcher
  • ><)))°>
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2018, 01:04:34 am »

Higher difficulty levels - Pallas, the Skinless

Raeborga's Harmonic Repeater - Unique Item

Bashing Shield

Angry Shroom transitions into phase 2 of the boss fight

Change logs:

Version 0.9.14

Improvements
- Adjusted position of ability abbreviations label on Anvil slots.
- Adjusted Quarterstaff icon pivot.
- Increased the color to full white on the Pause button during "Open All" treasures.

Balance
- Nerfed the Repeating Crossbow's critical chance from 5.5% + 2.5%/Level to 7.5% + 0.5%/Level.

Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug where the character would not do the small pause it's supposed to after defeating some bosses.
- Fixed a bug where it was possible for the character to keep walking at the end of a location and the location would never end.
- Fixed a bug where armor abilities were not calculated correctly for some enemies.
- Fixed a bug in the Stone Staff where it would not damage Ghosts at melee range even though it deals Magical damage.
- Fixed a line-ending issue with parsing the data files on Windows.

Version 0.10.0

New Features
- Higher difficulty levels added to locations. Can you get all Cyan ☆s?
- Star Stone can now be equipped.

Improvements
- "Open All" treasures now only stops if it finds an enchanted item that is better than any of your other items.
- Changed the Caves of Fear background and foreground to give it a more claustrophobic feel.
- Cleaned up the Fungus Forest foreground layer.
- Inverted the interaction between Dysangelos' Yes/No options and the Ouroboros Stone. Now it loops around if you choose No.
- Added a scroll container to the difficulty selection submenu to fit more than 3 rows.
- Fixed Pallas' arm where the color was off for a brief moment before the first attack.

Balance
- Changed the Hammer's ability to deal double damage to armored foes into a scaling ability that deals from 2x to 3x damage to armored foes.
- Removed mini-stun from basic War Hammer and increased it's base damage by 1.
- Changed Stone Hammer's Splash damage to be a rare stat instead of on all Hammers and increased their base damage by 1.
- Fixed a balance issue with Lifesteal where it was healing 1 HP per enemy hit with Splash. Probability of heal is still higher with Splash on many enemies, but only 1 heal per attack is the intended design.

Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug with Pause menu buttons where the keyboard shortcuts would not work reliably. E.g: P + L quickly to exit location.
- 2 abilities had the same abbreviation 'p'. Changed one to 'P'.
- Fixed a rare ability bug where the attack target was missing at the time the ability triggered.

Version 0.10.1

Features
- Added a re-roll for realocating the Enchantment on items.

Improvements
- Added a space at the end of the messages that are shown when you switch loadouts with the Utility Belt, so they don't get confused with resource numbers.
- Star Stone is now colored correctly when equipped.

Bug Fixes
- Fixed a critical bug where the character would walk straight past enemies if two items that cannot attack were equipped.
- Fixed a bug where the player would often start levels with double armor.
- Fixed a minor issue where the "Open All" treasures behavior could continue even after you interrupted it and tried to open a single treasure.

Version 0.11.0

New Features
- Added Dashing Shield.
- Added Bashing Shield.
Can you discover the craft recipes?

Improvements
- Replaced Stone Sword's Splash damage with Critical Chance and Multiplier.

Balance
- Slightly lowered Splash gain per upgrade level so it doesn't go over 100%.
- Increased Sword and Stone Sword damage per level from 1.5 to 1.55.
- Increased Stone Sword attack speed gain per level from 0.75 to 0.9
- Increased Big Sword's attack cooldown by 2 frames.
- Decreased Big Sword's enchanted base attack speed bonus by 1.

Bug Fixes
- Fixed a problem with slow motion going too long when you hit many enemies with a Splash weapon.

standardcombo

• Bay Watcher
  • ><)))°>
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2018, 02:58:29 am »

standardcombo

• Bay Watcher
  • ><)))°>
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2018, 12:25:41 am »

The Angry Shroom transitions into phase 2 of the fight. Those two are called Morel, the Sporeadic and Enoki, Fungi to be with

Some enemies in the Boiling Mine have a helmet mechanic which you have to break before dealing any damage to them.

Fun time making little UI animations.

The Cauldron can brew 10 different kinds of potions.

The Fissure Stone will be used to break apart items or turn them into Ki.

Was called Whip Beast, now calling this foe Dominotaur.

Boiling Mines Boss! It's great when the design goes all the way from concept to finish and it just works as imagined.

A lot has changed with the game in the last month. Development is going at full speed, with the Boiling Mines location now complete. I've started work on the Icy Ridge location, and after that, there will only be the Temple left to create. Getting real close.

The Discord server has become pretty active. I post day-to-day development there and I'm available to answer any questions about the project.
http://StoneStoryRPG.com/Discord

standardcombo

• Bay Watcher
  • ><)))°>
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2018, 09:07:13 pm »

In the last few weeks I worked through and completed the Icy Ridge, a frigid location that follows the Boiling Mines. It's a savage region of the world, full of strange foes. Here's some of them:

Ki Gobbler

Ki Slerper

Ice Elemental

I also created an awesome laser area of effect attack that appears here in the Fissure Stone (but will probably move to another unique item).

Also had a lot of funcoffee working on the boss fight. His name is Hrímnir.

Hrímnir summons an ice wall as one of his abilities.

At the end of the Icy Ridge there is a Broken Bridge. Where does it lead?

I also received my copy of Canard PC's October issue, where Stone Story is featured in a 4 page article! Pretty cool

My next goal is to complete the Temple, which is the final location in the game's main arc. So far it's coming along great and has some ambitious designs.

standardcombo

• Bay Watcher
  • ><)))°>
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2019, 04:53:16 am »

Nagaraja, the Supreme Serpent
Boss for the Temple, which is the last location in the game.
Trying to complete all animations for this fight over the weekend.

standardcombo

• Bay Watcher
  • ><)))°>
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2019, 10:28:24 pm »

Mid February saw the completion of the final location in the game: The Temple. For this location I held nothing back in terms of quality. It has some of the most fluid animations in the entire game, intricate backgrounds, foes wielding weapons and an epic boss fight that is highly organic. If you've been following this project for a long time you may recognize some of these designs, concepted years ago!

Entrance to the Temple

This NPC has a lot to say

Poison Adept

Cult Sorcerer

Worm Riding is a serious job that takes countless moons to master

Slithery fiends pepper the Temple

The Bell Ringer does not take kindly to intruders. This suggests the Temple actually has a large bell. It does. But, this will not appear in the main arc of SSRPG. It will be a back-pocket design element for a future expansion:

__!__
        .´     `.
        |-- - · |
        !-- - · !
       /         \
 O   .´           `.
/|\ ||||¯|¯|¯¯| ¯ | |
/ \  ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Someone suggested Flying Snakes. I deliver

Old ritual VS new and improved, after full concept of the location and characters

Nagaraja, Eater of the Torch welcomes you for a meal. There are many designs that went right in this location, but the candle on the wall is one of my favorites, for its simplicity.

The game is now rather close to content-complete. I'm working on some unique items that introduce core mechanics to the game. Meanwhile, Rafael is wrapping up the OST. We are adding 7 alternative tracks for each location! Depending on the difficulty setting.

One of these new mechanics comes from the Mind Stone, and it's a player-facing scripting language that anyone can use to automate the game. More on that in a future post.

standardcombo

• Bay Watcher
  • ><)))°>
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2019, 05:10:58 am »

CONTENT COMPLETE!

Stone Story RPG is now content complete (to be honest, it has been for a few weeks, but I've been procrastinating this log entry) and transitioning into post-production. In this phase I will do fun things like Localization and porting to the various stores! I've raised the progress bar to 90%

Last month I brought on board LikeTheRogue (Kyle) to help with marketing and discovery, and he's absolutely crushing it. We're seeing a lot more wishlist adds on Steam and new pockets of players who had never heard of the game before, now at least know it exists. He will continue to explore new marketing avenues and help in the preparations for launch and beyond.

The Discord server is going well. Last weekend we did a live chat and Q&A that raised some interesting questions and we drilled into details of the design and future of the project.

Some of the final things that were added since the last post:

Vampiric Potion

Lightning Potion

The Mind Stone opens a whole new sphere of gameplay, with a built-in language called Stonescript that gives players the power to automate the game even further. Experience programming helps, but it's a rather casual and simple language that is very friendly to beginners. I can imagine this being a first time programming for many people. That would be cool to see.

The Triskelion has come a long way since it's original mockup! (see below) It's working great and contributes to long-term engagement for players who like to keep improving their gear.

( Tchey )

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://jeux1d100.net/
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2019, 03:12:35 pm »

Awesomely awesome.

I'm curious to actually "play" it, to see if it plays as good as it looks.

standardcombo

• Bay Watcher
  • ><)))°>
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2019, 02:21:28 pm »

Announcement Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dUyz29cizI

Big News! Stone Story arrives on August 8 for Windows, Mac and Linux. It will be priced at $19.99, with a launch discount, and available through Steam and Discord stores.

If you've ever wanted to support or help this project, now is your chance: Share the announcement trailer! Game development is challenging, but getting people to know the game exists is the hardest part of all. Know a streamer or youtuber who would enjoy this game? Send them the video. Tell everyone!

It's been a long road--the project completes 5 years this month--but it's not over yet! This Early Access release delivers a stable and awesome game experience, with plenty of replay value, but is short of the ambitious vision I've set out to create. To get there, I look forward to collaborating with the players over the next year, as we add more weapons and boss phases, higher levels of difficulty, new game modes and more.

Huge thanks to everyone who has followed the project this far and contributed with ideas. Even when it's a crazy one, sometimes that transforms into something awesome. Thank you!

:coffee:

Post production has been coming along great. The localization system is in place and I'm just waiting for a couple more translations. The stores are all setup (sans OST package I will add today) and we have strategy for launch as well as roadmap of further development for the next year. I'm looking forward to it!

standardcombo

• Bay Watcher
  • ><)))°>
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2019, 11:17:50 am »

Release mini-trailer

After 5 years of development, Stone Story RPG is finally ready. Thank you all who followed the project along the years.

I plan to continue improving the game for at least another year, adding more cool features and unlocking greater strategic depth. However, I am not going to maintain this devlog. To keep up with the project and contribute your feedback, join the Discord, follow me on Twitter or keep tabs at /r/StoneStoryRPG. I also do the occasional live-stream when there is a new animation to create. Those are super fun.

One more thing... I will be showing SSRPG at Tokyo Game Show! It's my first time going and I'm not sure what to expect, but it should be interesting!

[/game]
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 11:21:03 am by standardcombo »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: Stone Story RPG - NOW AVAILABLE
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2019, 03:22:36 am »

> Processor: SSE2 instruction set support

Press F for Pentium III boys
Pages: 1 2 [3]