Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Wanderlust: Arrival! Welcome to the Wanderlust!  (Read 4286 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Wanderlust: Arrival! Welcome to the Wanderlust!
« on: June 11, 2018, 05:03:25 pm »

Life is boring. That's your thought as life goes on. Wake. Eat. Work. Eat. Work. Return. Sleep. Repeat. Everyone's saying that this is the way to live life. There are those who rebel against this pattern, though.

That's not you, though. You never had the nerve. Or the opportunity.

Until now.

When you wake up one morning, there's a flyer attached to your face.

"Bored with life? Tired of the stress? Tarry no more! You've been invited on the trip of a lifetime courtesy of rich philanthropist Benjamin Robert Octavian Beth! You and six others will travel aboard an experimental ship for one year! You'll see the worlds' wonders! Learn from the best in every field! Destress under the care of our staff! Have fun! When you return, we'll help you get your dream job using your new education! Just fill out the form below!"

The flyer then lists an address.

The choice is obvious.
~~~
Spoiler: The Form (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 03:07:32 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Wanderlust (0/7)
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 06:34:36 pm »

Spoiler: Form (click to show/hide)
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 07:22:11 pm »

« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 09:35:26 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 10:31:03 pm »

The cephalopod gazes at the form for a moment, intrigued.
Once it reaches the bottom, it blinks in confusion. How can one forfeit one's human from, when one is not human?

Oh well, worth a try anyway. Hey, it might work.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 10:50:34 pm »

Flashbacks to "Roll to Be Determined"
inb4 inter-party rivalry between our characters, again.
Probably because we seem to make the same outline of a character each time.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 02:38:26 am »

The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 06:15:12 am »

PTW
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2018, 07:51:07 am »

Flashbacks to "Roll to Be Determined"
inb4 inter-party rivalry between our characters, again.
Probably because we seem to make the same outline of a character each time.
Whaaaaaaaaat? Noooooooooo.... Noooooooooo...... Noooooooooooooo....
I have absolutely no idea what you're on about. My characters are always original! I'm not... Running out of creativity....

All that aside, I intend to play Tali a little more amiably than my characters tend to be. So let's hope for less inter-party conflict.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2018, 02:13:42 pm »

Reserving spot. Done

« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 08:12:57 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2018, 02:55:40 pm »

« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 02:57:13 pm by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2018, 01:22:08 pm »

A philosopher, a seductress, a cuttlefish, a professor, a retired investigator, and Jacob walk into a mostly empty bar.

"Welcome, one and all. While your forms have told me much, I'm of the opinion that you can never really know someone until you've met them in person. Before you all get going, I thought it best to have a little icebreaker session. So. Grab a drink and let's get going. You're welcome to browse behind the bar for what you want, though I'd avoid the oddly colored drinks if I were you."

The man grabs a bottle from behind the bar, pours a strange blue liquid into his glass, takes a sip, then begins.

"Hello. My name is Benjamin Robert Octavian Beth. I'm a billionaire philanthropist and noted eccentric. My hobbies include sampling and collecting unusual beverages and using my vast resources to create complete changes in life circumstances(for fun). I like unusual beverages, interesting people, boring people who want to become interesting, and games. I dislike people who are late,  or spiteful, people who are satisfied with a boring life, and mimes. First person to take a drink goes next!"

It occurs to you that there are only six form recipients here. One more is later to come. And late.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wanderlust (6/7)
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2018, 01:53:35 pm »

((Jesus, three people chose orange. I guess it really is an appealing color. I'll retcon Damien's to yellow then.))

"Spiteful types, eh?", Damien inquires before he too steps up to the bar and pours himself a glass. Taking a sip, he cocks an eyebrow at the odd flavor before setting the glass down and turning so he may face the rest of the party. "Hello, my name is Damien Voss. Like our friend here, I despise the mundane and loathe those who are satisfied with it. My hobbies include analysis of all sorts of theories and ideas. I find it a bit pretentious to denote myself as some form of philosopher, but I can't help but think of myself as such. I take trips, when I can afford it, to strange and new places in search of unusual knowledge and factoids. I have a particular interest in the occult- and, fittingly enough, I find that there is a saying that rings true with what I feel to be my very existence.", Damien pauses dramatically, clearly enjoying the audience provided by the party. "The forbidden fruit is always the sweetest."

With that, he quickly finishes his drink and leans against the bar, anxious to hear of the others.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2018, 02:05:02 pm »

Tali'ah steps up to the bar and gives a nervous giggle. "I'm really not good with introductions. There's always too much to say and... ah, right, I need to get a drink. Forgot that part." With that, she peruses the bottles and looks for one that seems normal enough. Upon locating it, she pours herself a glass and tastes, seeming satisfied with the flavour. "So, my name is Tali'ah, and I'm here because I'm looking for someone. Well, if I say that it sounds like I have a specific individual in mind. Rather, I'm just looking for someone... new. Someone who can make me feel things I've never felt before. That... sounded a little more romantic than I anticipated, but I guess that's also not the wrong impression to give." She lets out another giggle, and steps back with a pleasant smile.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2018, 02:19:19 pm »

In wary steps and with uncomfortable feeling Jacob steped toward the bar and took a non alcoholic or the least alcoholic drink there, timidly saying "I'm sorry mister Octavian, I'm probibly not the kind of person you wanted here, I don't want to become an intresting person, just one there's something to tell about him, I would understand if you want me to leave"

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2018, 02:25:39 pm »

”Guess I’m next, then.” Valentine saunters over to the bar, before pulling a hip flask out of his pocket and taking a hearty swig. ”The name’s Valentine Redcastle, though my friends call me Rusty. I enjoy the simple things in life; warm beds, freshly cut lawns, good food, and cold whiskey. I dislike arguing, stinging insects, spiders, and my neighbor Floyd. Don’t got no hobbies, unless you call talking to people a hobby. I’m just here too see what there is to see before I die, that’s all.” He steps back with a warm smile, to hear what everybody else has to say.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance
Pages: [1] 2 3 4