Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Wanderlust: Arrival! Welcome to the Wanderlust!  (Read 4235 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wanderlust (6/7)
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2018, 02:32:15 pm »

"Sorry, forgot to talk about myself, I'm Jacob Andrew, I like reading and quite places, I hate load noises, too much social interaction and my current job for having both of those."
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2018, 03:14:27 pm »

((Heh, just because I used orange ink on the form doesn't mean my voice is orange. :P))

Bjorn climbs carefully up a bar stool and plants itself on top. "Get me something very weak, in a shot glass. I do not weigh very much; trust me, a little goes a long way."
The cuttlefish loosens the straps on its breathing mask, so that it can move it out of the way enough to take a sip.
"Ahem. My name is Bjorn. Not many of my kind venture up to your 'surface' world, but I found the water quite boring, to be honest. I'm up here to see what the world really has to offer. After all, no matter how long you live, there will always be something new to see. I strive to better understand this world. Not just the surface, but the universe that we all share. I filled out your little form so that I could find out what all this is about, really. Once I've understood Benjamin here's intent fully, the rest of the trip I suspect will simply be payment for that knowledge."
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2018, 03:38:55 pm »

In wary steps and with uncomfortable feeling Jacob steped toward the bar and took a non alcoholic or the least alcoholic drink there, timidly saying "I'm sorry mister Octavian, I'm probibly not the kind of person you wanted here, I don't want to become an intresting person, just one there's something to tell about him, I would understand if you want me to leave"

"Hm. Well, the trip's not yet started, so if you want to leave, you can go. But consider this... what makes someone interesting? There are the obvious factors..." Benjamin gestures at Bjorn. "... like so. Physical form can make one interesting. But personality can make one interesting as well, as can skills, attributes and talents, or one's relationships, or one's history. Interesting does not necessarily mean strange, or unusual. What I think you're trying to say, correct me if I'm wrong, is that you don't want to be strange or bizarre. That's okay. We can work with that. Part of the trip, after all, is learning. If what you want to learn would make you strange, we can do that. I've got a good few clowns, hypnotists, magicians, performers, and the like on call if you want to learn from them. But if you want to consider yourself normal? I'm sure we could find you a good computer programming tutor, or maybe... well, what I'm trying to say, is that interesting doesn't have to mean strange. Before you consider leaving, consider the opportunity we're giving you. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and you're one of the few people we advertised to. If you let it go, you'll never get another shot at something as amazing as this."

Bjorn climbs carefully up a bar stool and plants itself on top. "Get me something very weak, in a shot glass. I do not weigh very much; trust me, a little goes a long way."
The cuttlefish loosens the straps on its breathing mask, so that it can move it out of the way enough to take a sip.
"Ahem. My name is Bjorn. Not many of my kind venture up to your 'surface' world, but I found the water quite boring, to be honest. I'm up here to see what the world really has to offer. After all, no matter how long you live, there will always be something new to see. I strive to better understand this world. Not just the surface, but the universe that we all share. I filled out your little form so that I could find out what all this is about, really. Once I've understood Benjamin here's intent fully, the rest of the trip I suspect will simply be payment for that knowledge."

"You'll understand completely what this is all about when you've finished the trip. But for now? This is an opportunity to become interesting, to cast free the ties that bond you and remake yourself. This is an opportunity to learn things you would never have a chance to learn anytime else. The only cost is the time the trip will take. But trust me... it's well worth it."

"Where is that seventh person anyway? I made the location quite clear in the form..."
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2018, 03:46:06 pm »

"Probably changed their mind, decided the cost wasn't worth it. I have read what the waiver at the bottom says, you know."
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2018, 03:49:09 pm »

"You would be surprised at how few people do. Or maybe that's something exclusive to humans, not reading legal documents. I don't know."
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2018, 03:50:56 pm »

"We don't have legal documents underwater. It's easy to take for granted what you're used to; unfamiliarity leads to a more... cautious approach."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2018, 03:56:37 pm »

"Fair point." Benjamin pulls a sleek black smartphone out of his pocket and dials a number.

"Hello? Nikki? Could you check on the seventh candidate? I know that they've definitely signed their form, but they're late. They might need a bit of help finding this place. It is a bit out of the way, after all. Thanks!"
Generic Arms Race.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2018, 04:26:22 pm »

"You would be surprised at how few people do. Or maybe that's something exclusive to humans, not reading legal documents. I don't know."

Damien scoffs. "I assure you, I've read the paper. I'm aware of the whole clause involving harm to myself, and giving up my body and soul if I am to frustrate the efforts of the journey. A man such as myself is familiar with bargains... forbidden fruit may taste sweetest, but it tends to turn to ashes in your mouth if you don't plan for the consequences."

With that addressed, he turns to the sole woman of the party.
Tali'ah steps up to the bar and gives a nervous giggle. "I'm really not good with introductions. There's always too much to say and... ah, right, I need to get a drink. Forgot that part." With that, she peruses the bottles and looks for one that seems normal enough. Upon locating it, she pours herself a glass and tastes, seeming satisfied with the flavour. "So, my name is Tali'ah, and I'm here because I'm looking for someone. Well, if I say that it sounds like I have a specific individual in mind. Rather, I'm just looking for someone... new. Someone who can make me feel things I've never felt before. That... sounded a little more romantic than I anticipated, but I guess that's also not the wrong impression to give." She lets out another giggle, and steps back with a pleasant smile.
"Ah, human emotion. Something I could rhapsodize on and on about... but brevity is the soul of wit, so I'll make this short. What you're looking for is rare and precious. Good luck.", he nods slightly in her direction with a smirk on his face before reaching over to the bottle of the odd liquor and pouring himself another glass. "Tastes strange at first, but it grows on you."

"Sorry, forgot to talk about myself, I'm Jacob Andrew, I like reading and quite places, I hate load noises, too much social interaction and my current job for having both of those."

"I for one don't buy that, Jacob. With all due respect, I think you're speaking out your ass- you must be, or you wouldn't sign up for this. You mean to tell me there isn't a bone in your body that seeks to experience what no other mortal has? To be one of the few to know something others have tried for centuries to learn and failed? Nothing of the sort? If that's the case, I'd take the former of our kind host's recommendations and leave before you get involved in something exciting.". Damien takes a quick swig of his glass, clearly trying to fix his face back into the the intrigued grin from before but visibly struggling.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2018, 05:19:51 pm »

"Given the conditions, I would recommend dropping out now, unless you find your current life unsatisfactory, or you desire something... more specific."

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2018, 09:06:01 pm »

In wary steps and with uncomfortable feeling Jacob steped toward the bar and took a non alcoholic or the least alcoholic drink there, timidly saying "I'm sorry mister Octavian, I'm probibly not the kind of person you wanted here, I don't want to become an intresting person, just one there's something to tell about him, I would understand if you want me to leave"
"...and I was starting to think that I was the most boring person here."

Ronald Woods grabs a glass and pours himself a drink. "Hello, my name is Ronald Woods, but you can just call me 'Woods'. I'm a soon-to-be-retired English teacher, a connoisseur of whatever it is they try to pass off as coffee in the employee lounge, and still probably the most boring person here.

Although - having know some very interesting people in my day - I'm not entirely sure that last one is a bad thing."
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2018, 09:38:17 pm »

"...and I was starting to think that I was the most boring person here."
"I disagree... from what I've seen, Jacob here definitely takes the cake. You have a sort of Epicurean tone about you. Am I right? Are you one to prefer to keep life simple? I can respect that enough; it's tail-tucking and whimpering like the boy's doing that gets on my nerves."
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2018, 11:18:41 pm »

"Well, if you aren't bothered by me here I'll stay, some specific changes are needed in my life and I don't have enough to lose to offset that"
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2018, 02:20:27 pm »

"I disagree... from what I've seen, Jacob here definitely takes the cake. You have a sort of Epicurean tone about you. Am I right? Are you one to prefer to keep life simple? I can respect that enough; it's tail-tucking and whimpering like the boy's doing that gets on my nerves."
"Epicurean? I don't know. I'd like to say I'm a Pragmatist, but I'm too lazy."
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2018, 06:21:36 pm »

"... seriously? Well that's quite a bit of bad luck. Ah well. Six will do. Thanks, Nikki. See you later!"

Benjamin hangs up.

"Well. Apparently lucky number seven was hit by a bus on the way to the bar. He'll live, but unfortunately he won't be able to join us. What a shame. Anyways... now that we're all here and thoroughly introduced to each other, I say it's about time we start our journey."

And then Benjamin pulls a black sheet out of his trenchcoat, throws it over himself... and it settles to the ground, landing on nothing. Benjamin's vanished. What is this guy, a magician?

Then the bar starts shaking. Purple sparks spew from the lights. Surprisingly, none of the glasses and bottles and the like fall from their shelves and racks.

Something weird is happening.
Generic Arms Race.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: Wanderlust: It Begins!
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2018, 06:39:46 pm »

"Not unexpected."
Bjorn calmly takes another sip of its drink.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4