Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What Happens when you retire a fort in the versions we have?  (Read 1621 times)

Lioneez

• Bay Watcher
  • Challenged.
    • View Profile

I have a simple question because I kinda dont get what happens to my fort after I retire my control over it, I ask this because the civilization I am playing is has died to a nasty goblin invasion and funny enough they won that fight, the only draw back was that the capital was at a terrifying biom and the zombies runned them over.
so now I have a king and quite a bit of wealth, 5 squads of military dwarf 3 of them being master squads now which are master speardwarfs,hammerdwarfs and axe dwarf, currently working on the crossbow and mace dwarfs but they only started a few months ago in game.
so at this point lets say I am confidant that if I retire the fort to make another settlement of my civilization that they would hold jest fine if I close the underground, I mean I already made it so that they have positions every month on watch but only problem is that the fortresses I made dont seem to be active at all when you retire them,meaning that if I retire and if I manage to expand my territory my civilization will still be dead and I will get the same dwarfs every time, so will I be able to revive a civilization or you cant do it in the current versions?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: What Happens when you retire a fort in the versions we have?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 07:57:12 pm »

There's no "closing" the underground once you've opened it, as far as retired forts are concerned. All that matters is that you have military dwarves on site to repel invaders.

I'd be worried that the military dwarves would migrate to the new fort. (Or is that abandoned forts only?) I don't think you can bring a dead civ back to life yet.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 01:54:40 pm »

On most of the time, it crashes when you try to visit it as an adventurer.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 03:46:01 pm »

On most of the time, it crashes when you try to visit it as an adventurer.
If you have a crash you can replicate, please upload a save to the bug tracker. That doesn't happen "most of the time", in many worlds and crashes need to be fixed right away.

--edit
Oh, you already did...
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=10699
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 03:48:39 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 08:27:51 am »

The most recent version fixed the nemesis unit load error. Does that fort still crash in 44.10?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 12:19:09 pm »

The most recent version fixed the nemesis unit load error. Does that fort still crash in 44.10?

Nemesis unit load error usually has a log message,hasnt it? There was no such thing in that save.