Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: *Hugo-Quest* 24x32 and 32x40 Diablo-like/Celtic-inspired ASCII tilesets  (Read 6444 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

Due to my own personal Mod I created this Tileset to fit the sprite dimensions that I plan to use,
Non-Square sets are quite unpopular but I figured someone might like something that is close to
vanilla DF but also closely resembling Diablo's Font "AvQuest" and other Celtic fonts.

Recently started working on this again, and I have gotten the hang of tileset making, and started on some sprites/graphics to go with it, just started so it's no where close to complete but it's a start.

Also some changes to "init_d" will be needed, and some changes to "plant_grasses.txt" as well. The grass one is optional, but makes it look much better.

Spoiler: File Changes (click to show/hide)

You can Right-Click and Save-As the below image [This is the Tileset]
Currently redoing some stuff, will upload when I'm finished tweaking
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 02:42:28 am by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
Re: Hugo-Quest 24x32 ASCII tileset
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 09:40:53 pm »

Added another Version of the Tileset that is embossed and fancy walls (Diamond, and ramps have also been modded to look more gemlike/arrows) Check spoiler

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

Getting back into modding again, and noticed my old tileset and thought I'd take a crack at updating it, It's not 100% done, but unlike mods, tilesets and graphics are the easiest to update mid game.

So feast your eyes on the redrawn and updated set, I'll probably move this to DFFD eventually and give it a proper DL, since you can just right-click the attached images and save-as but then you have to name them yourself.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 01:07:00 am by Hugo_The_Dwarf »