Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Help to start playing DF  (Read 5961 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Help to start playing DF
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2018, 05:29:28 am »

Ok.
Such a weird symbol to use for stairs.

Trying to learn how stairs work, it looks so different from up or down stairs.
Was worried that someone would get stuck   :)
There are a couple of tilesets which attempt up/down stairs, but it's not easy. For what it's worth vanilla up/down stairs fit right in with the rest of the style. :)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2018, 07:53:40 am »

It's really your tileset's fault. With the default ASCII tileset, up stairs are < and down stairs are >, so X looks like both of those symbols combined.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2018, 08:19:52 am »

In addition, the graphic is also shared with bins, so it can't easily look like stairs.

Other question..
I am looking at the stock screen to find out how many barrels i have because i need them for beer. I see that i have 30?. I was reading the wiki, if i am not mistaken the ? is because the number is rounded. The thing i want to know is how many are there available (empty). Its possible to know that?
Go to the nobles screen and set the bookkeepers's precision to the most accurate. If you want to know how many are empty, you're either going to have to count them manually on the stock (or trade goods) screen, or create a barrel-only stockpile and count them there. (Obviously, the latter won't check barrels stored in other stockpiles, but if you were keeping them in a single place it would be easy enough to have them all moved with a 'take from' link.)

If you just want to make sure you always have a number of empty barrels on hand, you can use a work order with a condition of available barrels.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 08:25:40 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]