Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Help to start playing DF  (Read 6028 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Help to start playing DF
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2018, 03:17:47 am »

I was trying to use dwarf therapist to manage the jobs but i cant get it to run.
Are you using the right version of DT for your game? Particularly 32-bit vs 64-bit.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

lunitis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2018, 04:03:47 am »

I read somewhere that i cant use DFHack at the same time so i disabled it. Started the game again the the game was a bit bugged and could see dwarf therapist anyway. I have DT in "green". I am doing something wrong?
Where did you read that? That's entirely untrue.
Also, what does "bugged" mean, exactly? My guess is that you're using a tileset that requires TWBT, which requires DFHack, but I can't tell for sure without more details.

Some letter changed for weird symbols and the zoom wasnt working properly. Maybe more things but i closed the game fast.

I was trying to use dwarf therapist to manage the jobs but i cant get it to run.
Are you using the right version of DT for your game? Particularly 32-bit vs 64-bit.

I dont know. My system is 64bit. Dont know where to check DF version. 0.44.10
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 04:05:32 am by lunitis »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2018, 04:28:51 am »

It says DFHack "labormanager". Labormanager is a plugin that automatically assigns labors.

If you're using LNP, then DT and DF should be compatible. Will the DT program not start, or is it having issues connecting? Will DT start if you try the .exe directly, instead of from LNP?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 04:32:03 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

lunitis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2018, 05:31:38 am »

This is what it opens:

I think the DT isnt starting, i dont get any message or error related with it.

I cant find the DT .exe. 

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2018, 05:38:22 am »

The "green" thing means that DT will launch automatically when you launch DF through the LNP. You can also launch it manually by double clicking (on the on it.

By default (iirc) DT will try to connect, but this requires that a fortress is already loaded. Just being on DF's main menu will prompt an error message from DT which you can safely dismiss. At that point you can load your fortress (when you are ready) and tell DT to connect (it maybe read too).
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 05:40:53 am by Ulfarr »
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

lunitis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2018, 06:06:19 am »

The "green" thing means that DT will launch automatically when you launch DF through the LNP. You can also launch it manually by double clicking (on the on it.

By default (iirc) DT will try to connect, but this requires that a fortress is already loaded. Just being on DF's main menu will prompt an error message from DT which you can safely dismiss. At that point you can load your fortress (when you are ready) and tell DT to connect (it maybe read too).

To test that i loaded my fortress without DT in auto launch, then double click DT but absolutely nothing happens.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2018, 06:13:13 am »

Sounds like it didn't download DT or an overzealous anti-virus deleted the exe. When you click open utilities folder do you see nothing labelled dwarf therapist? or does the folder not have an exe inside it?
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

lunitis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2018, 06:23:55 am »

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2018, 07:11:55 am »

Wel thats not the problem I expected but it happens. Its a Microsoft C Runtime Library, Surprised its not found a copy in system32 tbh unless you don't have many games installed. You could try running the vcredist exe at the bottom of that folder (Microsoft Visual C redisitributable) which might work and shouldn't hurt to try. Pretty sure windows is lying about there not being a copy on your PC though seeing as df4305 had a copy in its folder (that is how long ago I downloaded a version of Dwarf Fortress) but don't copy that one into system32 (generally don't mess with that folder unless you need to).
Someone else might have a better idea about this, I've never had this problem myself but it has affected other games.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2018, 07:15:41 am »

Run vcredist_x64.exe and try again.

lunitis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2018, 08:13:45 am »

I installed that and now its working  :D
Thanks a lot guys.

Something else. There is a way to lower the sound of the game by default? Using soundsense i end up with two musics at the same time and i have to go low the game sound every time.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2018, 08:15:07 am »

I installed that and now its working  :D
Thanks a lot guys.

Something else. There is a way to lower the sound of the game by default? Using soundsense i end up with two musics at the same time and i have to go low the game sound every time.
No. Welcome to the DF interface.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2018, 08:20:20 am »

Open up /data/init.txt in your DF folder. There's a VOLUME setting; it's on 255 by default, which is 100%. Change it to 128 to get 50% volume, etc.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2018, 08:22:39 am »

data/init/init.txt, actually, but that's the way to do it.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2018, 10:25:45 pm »

data/init/init.txt, actually, but that's the way to do it.
Or from the LNP.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4