Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Magic System

<< < (4/4)

Dorsidwarf:
I can’t think of any of the current major RNG things that are modder-friendly though except for worldgen. Instruments, poetry, books, dancing, FBs, demons, fort symbols, images, artifacts, they’re all closed off systems with no modder-friendliness as far as I’m aware, even the recent additions, so why is magic going to be any different?

Radircs:
So ok we KNOW magic will come. We know it will be rng. So why we don´t change the topic a bit up? What magics we want and what it adds to the game? How we can archive rng generation with this ideas?

Well, I would break the whole thing up.

We already have a basic religion system so Divine actions are not so fare off. Grandpriests, Holy Champions, Avatars of Gods, Wonders and Warth if you make them angry. Think it would be given a lot of fun and good chance to make the religion system a bit more depth and since the Gods already just generated the way you can implement a second generator to roll different powers for the gods and demons to.

Another part could be the Inertmagic. So magic everyone can do with proper study and some talent. You could run the attunements for races and character and the known spell effects in the generator. And the development of different combinations and how important in the civilization magic is would come over the history.

And the last one for my ideas on the topic could be the Since like like magic. Alchemie, Formulas or exact to follow rituals. Stuff like this was made a theory, try it and fail or success.
It should be not to hard to put a lot of RNG in this kind of stuff I suppose.

I think this is a good way how to go on with the from time to time upcoming implement wishes of the "give us magic" fraction. Ask them to define their ideas to fit the game not just to do them. And well maybe DF will have not one magic system but a lot of magic sytems that all have some RNG facts and splittet and mixed. This would add a lot of FUN^^

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version