Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Candy 1H or Steel 2H for hewmans?  (Read 1119 times)

srifenbyxp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Candy 1H or Steel 2H for hewmans?
« on: June 17, 2018, 01:34:45 pm »

I'm aware that candy is as sweet as it is sharp but could you say a steel 2H sword with more range and contact be as good if not better in most general situations, especially if you're strong enough to wield it with 1 hand?

Also does effectiveness of a 2H decrease if wielded with one hand?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 02:41:43 pm by srifenbyxp »

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: Candy 1H or Steel 2H for hewmans?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 03:10:31 pm »

Steel 2H should be...very good. Right now I'm playing with bronze 2H and I'm having the time of my life. Fights are super tense, you have to dodge a lot, you can use your off hand to do some sick grappling moves, and since the weapon is bronze, you have to get used having your blows deflected or not cutting. But man when the heads pops off this is satisfying.

However candy trumps everything. This is a lightsaber in Dwarf Fortress. Besides it frees your off hand completely and allows you to either dual wield or to use a shield.

Oh and yeah. Never use a 2H in one hand. You will get killed

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
Re: Candy 1H or Steel 2H for hewmans?
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 02:41:46 am »

2H weapons have an EXTREME effectiveness drop if used in one hand. A wild strike may just glance off, even if you are very skilled. I agree that the candy sword should be far better, though. it should be able to punch through practically every material ingame as though it were nothing.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister