Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]

Author Topic: CYOGTCG High School RPG. Game Thread 2  (Read 9149 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: CYOGTCG High School RPG. Game Thread 2
« Reply #315 on: August 12, 2021, 02:25:54 pm »

“I’m not admitting anything, well except that I’m watching what you play very carefully, it just seems that you don’t have a 2-Star card that I should be worried about. Anyways I play the last Inside Trader in my hand, in hindsight I wouldn’t of used the Cosmic Isopod’s effect to play a 1/1 Society Horror, a note in the a plausible future, I imagine.”

I choose to gain a Star from this card's effect, however I have only one minion to attack for this turn!
My 1/1 Starcoin Inside Trader attacks your 0/3 Kelp Forest of the Deep, dealing 1 damage to it.

Spoiler: Bennie’s Status (click to show/hide)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 12, 2021, 04:46:47 pm »

"Yer watching me play real carefully huh?" The punk wheezes, nothing about the suited up kid across from him has engendered any kind of respect. At least not from Rulao's very particular bullheaded mindset, the audience might have an entirely different perspective. He draws a card. Then another from his Kelp Forest attacking the other.

Spending a star, Rulao uses the effect of his Kelp Forest of the Deep to play. . . A 1/1 copy of Kelp Forest of the Deep. All that for a star? To be fair, as whittled down as his deck has gotten, he doubtfully has many monsters left.

However, using this newly created Kelp Forest, he discards another card! This time to play a copy of a Mesmer Mantis, whose effect activates! Without much need, Rulao uses it to swap the two Mossen Crushclaw's effects between one another. Making no discernible difference.

"Still watchin'?" Rulao rasps, throwing down his next card with a tremendous slam on the table.

"Watch this!!" He roars.

Immediately, the two 0 attack Kelp Forests attack one another, allowing him to draw a third card.

Then his two Mossen Crushclaw copies each attack the inside traders, destroying them and receiving no damage in kind.

His 4/4 Isopod and Shipwreck Hermit immediately attack to destroy Bennie's Kelp Forest illusion.

While his newly played Mesmer Mantis and Kelp Forest copies immediately attack to deal two damage directly to Bennie.

Now, normally attacking, his Shipwreck Hermit, Cosmic Isopod, and two Mossen Crushclaws deal a total of 8 damage directly to Bennie!

If his two new copies hadn't been played this turn, then his life would be forfeit. But it's more interesting this way. Another turn goes to the Buzz-cut kid across from Rulao, bearing the weight of what could be his last turn. 'Will ya pull through. . ?' muses the rough-skinned thug.

Spoiler: Rulao's Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 05:54:45 pm by Unraveller »
I've lost control of my life.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 12, 2021, 04:50:05 pm »

"Well, that's the type of play that beat me all right. Just upending the rules and going all out."

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 12, 2021, 04:58:47 pm »

(Question GM?, does the discarding of a card from the Kelp Forest means that it was the card that brought it to the board since it's the card (Kelp Forest) that generated a copy?, important for a card I have in my hand.)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 12, 2021, 05:47:21 pm »

For the card that you are clearly thinking of, the card it created would indeed count as a card that it put it in play. Cards that the copy made of copy of copy would not count however. The actual card that was discarded to create the copy would also not count as having been brought into play on account of the fact it was never in play, only the 1/1 copy would count.

I will also mention that using Mesmer Mantis's effect is not technically optional. No adjustments to the turn are required though, because it would have been trivially easy for Rulao to just switch the effects of two cards with the same effect.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 12, 2021, 05:53:37 pm »

(( I realized that after the fact, I'll edit in a trival swap just for consistency's sake though. Still good you point it out for the future. ))

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 12, 2021, 07:33:13 pm »

"I may be at four hearts, but that just what it is a resource that I can hemorrhage as you put more cards onto the field to use my AoE cards!, thankfully you seem to lacking in burst from hand well except for the ability to give all minions doublestrike if they already on the field, or agile if they were not all for 0 stars, pretty scary stuff for an aggressive deck. However, it's time to show my last Ace Card, it's Cult Hypnotist, Phaedra. All I have to say is OH NO, for you. Unless. you have a Runic Magecraft: Gandr to finish me off?

I choose to dominate your 0/2 Kelp of the Forest, and requires me to pay an additional star to take control of the Kelp Forest, this card has made many copies of your 1/1 minions that you have discarded to aggressively summon. The two 1/1 Mossen Crushclaws and the 1/1 Copy of the Kelp Forest of the Deep also OH NO your 4/4 Cosmic Isopod was made a copy by your Kelp Forest of the Deep, these card as of now suffering from group hypnosis and now turncoat as these card's aren't created but have already been in play, I believe I can attack with them for this turn unlike Soul Mirror,

However I choose, to use the two Kelp of the Forests that I now have in control to discard a copy of my Society Initiate and Fallen Paladin, both making 1/1 copies of them

"I use the Fallen Paladin's effect to deal 1 damage to your 1/1 Mesmer Mantis, destroying it

As I believe they can attack the turn they are controlled?
The 4/4 Cosmic Isopod attacks your 2/4 Shipwreck Hermit, destroying it in the process and taking 2 damage in the process
The two 1/1 Mossen Crushclaws attack you directly as well as the Kelp Forest of the Deep, for you to take 3 damage!

"I feel pretty dirty after playing this card, that's why you should of gotten some Ace Cards from Pete, I almost feeling like conceding out of my pure generosity and how wicked I feel after such a play, though I can understand if you don't want a handout win. My turn ends."

"The only reason I even made this card was how scared I was of Odelia's Succubus card, all I can say is I'm sorry things turned out like this. My SOUL just isn't as humble as yours to not take some extra possible cards!"

Spoiler: Bennie’s Status (click to show/hide)

(Some of these cards such as one of the Mossen's Crushclaws could of been summoned from the switched description Shipwreck Hermit as well, though it was't made clear, this information wasn't pertinent until now!)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 12, 2021, 08:01:45 pm »

Rulao draws a card, silently allowing Bennie to show off his colors. The punk grasped at his chin, and pouted slightly while the suited kid opposite went on and on, his screed simply grating.

"Yeah. . ." He mouthed at first, overlooking the sudden change in the field's dynamics. "I ain't got a single monster left here in this deck 'o mine." Rulao rasps meekly, eight cards in his hand and just one left to draw, should the chance even come up. For once it seemed the brash defiance had drifted from the thorny guy's face, though it wasn't replaced with some kind of malice, nor perhaps surprisingly did he burst out in rage.

The turn was his, a few cameras focusing on the last moments of their duel. "Let's set the record straight here." The punk began, "You ain't got four hearts, ya got two." Not that the de-claireation thereof seemed to make much of a difference in the end, still Rulao seemed adamant about making that clear.

"Yeah. . ." He continued, "Ya oughta be proud fer drawing some blood, ya got strong cards, even if they ain't manly."

He threw an index finger out over his empty field, brows furrowing, and his voice crackling through as serious as he's ever been heard, "But maybe you oughta get yer head outta yer ass and learn a lesson from this humble SOUL of mine, before you rattle yer dumb-fuck mouth off 'bout victory to ME!"

He slams his fist down, one card in its possession. . . "Ya were right 'bout one thing though."

Runic Magecraft: Gandr deals 3 damage directly to Bennie!

Spoiler: Rulao's Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 08:05:22 pm by Unraveller »

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 12, 2021, 08:15:35 pm »

(AND THE GANDR PLAY FOR THE WIN!)
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]