Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do you want to update the game to Handbook 2.3?

Yes.
- 7 (100%)
No.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Final Hour 2 OOC thread. ON HIATUS  (Read 11160 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Final Hour 2 OOC thread. IT HASN'T STARTED.
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2018, 07:45:12 pm »

Healers are always important. No one has been chosen yet, so making a healer is not a bad thing.

I believe Parity would block Charge, as Parity negates all skills including Class.

Generally, first class units have caps of 40HP, 20 everything else. Promoted units have caps of 60 HP, 30 everything else.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2018, 07:48:31 pm »

STR/MAG/SKL/LCK/DEF/RES/SPD cap at 20 for your first promotion (peg rider in your case) and 30 for your final (whether it's Valk or Falco). HP caps at I think 50 at first, but I know the cap is 60 at final. (ppe: Sirus is right, HP is 40 at first class)

Healers are ALWAYS important, to the point that you'll want to ask yourself whether you really want to take a class that has healing capabilities. If you do, there's a very real chance that that is ALL you're going to do from the second you can pick up a heal staff. The only way out is if you have a more useful ability (such as Performing) or if you can do enough damage that sometimes it's worth more for your character to kill rather than heal.

If you're going Blossom or Maturity, I would suggest taking those from character creation for maximum benefit rather than switching off of something to them late-game.

Parity negates Charge; almost no one takes Parity because it's not really that good.

ninja'd
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2018, 07:59:51 pm »

My question would be how many healers will we have  vs  how many Pegasuses.  I really like the Pegasus classes, But if we don't have a dedicated healer.

Meanwhile, Healers need to heal to level up.. The Class as a whole doesn't really seem to be popular.

Do we get to keep previous class skills, or are the lost.(I think they are)

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2018, 08:05:42 pm »

You do keep previous class skills, actually.

If we don't have a dedicated healer, I'll go make one because I have 0 clue what to play for this FEF I've been kinda interested. I thought we had a butler, but that might be me confusing it with old musing.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2018, 08:06:04 pm »

Meanwhile, Healers need to heal to level up.

Ah, you don't have to worry about that so much. EXP in FEF is sent to a pool rather than an individual; once it hits 100, everyone gains a level. The main reason Healer isn't that popular is because while it's the lynchpin to a successful party, it's also the least... glamorous, I want to say? Everyone remembers the myrmidon pulling out the clutch crit, but the healer getting someone back on their feet is more mundane (even if, in the end, it contributes more to the victory).
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2018, 08:07:37 pm »

It may be a good idea to look at the other signups and/or join the Discord (linked in the FEF Hub, which should be linked in Solymr's signature in turn) so we can explain things to you.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2018, 08:38:46 pm »

Just posting to watch.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2018, 10:36:14 pm »

Meanwhile, Healers need to heal to level up.

Ah, you don't have to worry about that so much. EXP in FEF is sent to a pool rather than an individual; once it hits 100, everyone gains a level. The main reason Healer isn't that popular is because while it's the lynchpin to a successful party, it's also the least... glamorous, I want to say? Everyone remembers the myrmidon pulling out the clutch crit, but the healer getting someone back on their feet is more mundane (even if, in the end, it contributes more to the victory).
To be fair, we do occasionally get the sort of chapter where heal-shenanigans are absolutely critical to simply keeping everyone alive, much less on their feet. Those tend to be memorable for very...different reasons, though.

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2018, 12:36:26 am »

Gonna sign up this idiot.

"Hey, I resent that."
Also a map sprite:

Sheet here.
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

Zetaark

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a local librarian dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2018, 04:36:58 pm »

Some time later and the pirate merchant lady is here again.

https://pastebin.com/L8RysTZz

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2018, 07:14:17 pm »

Alrighty. Let's do this.

: "Sup?"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 05:12:27 pm by Sirus »

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2018, 07:55:05 pm »

Quick question: I've seen "Personal Skills" a lot, but the abridged handbook doesn't exactly explain what they are in great detail, or how they work. Would someone mind enlightening me?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2018, 07:57:47 pm »

They're basically small boosts your character gets in certain situations; each character posted so far has good examples. Personal Faults are merely the same in reverse. For example, my character has a personal skill that when he's below half health, he has an extra 10% chance to critically strike an enemy; he also has the fault that if an enemy targets him with an Ailment Staff (such as Poison or Berserk) he has a harder time avoiding being hit by it.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2018, 08:02:34 pm »

Basically, every character has a Personal Fault and up to three Personal Skills (depending on promo level). They're ways to customize your character's abilities. Almost all PFs/PSs have both a trigger and an effect, which are set by the player. Common triggers include being above/below half HP, fighting against certain classes, standing on certain terrain, etc. Common effects include +2 to a stat, +15 Hit, +10 Dodge, etc.

The problem is that the abridged handbook sorta skimps on these details. I'd recommend visiting the FEF Hub thread and grabbing one of the complete handbooks for more detail.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2018, 08:14:35 pm »

To further expand, you can also use Personal Skills to either shore up your character's deficiencies (taking a +15 HIT skill when you use a low HIT weapon like Throwing Axes, for example) or double down on their strengths (taking a +15 Evasion skill when your growths are primarily in Luck and Speed). Some people also really enjoy coming up with unusual Personal Faults (in Nature of Humans, Xanmyral had a 'fey' character who would take stacks of poison every time he was hit with an iron weapon).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10