Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tiger Man Legend  (Read 1424 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Tiger Man Legend
« on: July 01, 2018, 04:22:24 pm »

So I have a story telling hero who goes from town to town telling of his deeds unless he is telling about the deeds of a tribal bird woman who helped him.

I am wondering: Will my deeds eventually be engraved? Will I need to make them heard in the dwarven lands?
What about poetry, if I bring a special type of poetry to a far away place, will the people there start picking up that style?

Also why dont all my kills show up in the story telling menu?

ClimbingEast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tiger Man Legend
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 04:31:21 pm »

Sometimes in order to tell a story about your deeds, you need to tell stories about the place where the deed took place, if I recall. Like, sometimes I couldn't tell people that I'd killed a hydra in it's lair, but I could tell the story about the lair, and the story would be able me killing the hydra. :/

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 04:46:00 pm »

so you mean i have to tell a story about its shrine first?

BadCompany141

• Bay Watcher
  • [POWER] Legendary Blowgunner, Legendary Knapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 07:33:26 pm »

I once had an artifact black metal breastplate depicting my adventurer shooting a bandit goblin while laughing with a crossbow in copper, so yeah your deeds do get somewhere but you'd have to talk about them if you actually want them to "know".

theres a couple bugs with story telling though, my character never heard of himself so he can't say anything about himself, only what he did in said structures. could be because the worlds literally spit out adventurers.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2018, 07:48:41 pm »

I actually found the place where the colossos story was located. Embracedpick was a human hamlet closeby the shrine. I must have killed him there.

So i must have about five hearthpersons scattered in the world. what do they do when i am not with them?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2018, 10:28:43 pm »

I actually found the place where the colossos story was located. Embracedpick was a human hamlet closeby the shrine. I must have killed him there.

So i must have about five hearthpersons scattered in the world. what do they do when i am not with them?
They either retire or go adventuring by themselves. Depends on their personality.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2018, 11:46:33 pm »

You need to to from village to village talking about your deeds, villagers will start talking about them among themselves once you left. You may want to insist on them a couple time with multiple people each time tho, because rumors about you are often drowned into other, more pressing ones, like imminent invasion or beast attack. But if you do so you may very well end up with your face on a =carboard cereal box=

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2018, 07:40:57 am »

Haha now we know what Tony did priour to working for kellogs.

Sadly I died against a horde of goblins....

I will spawn another hero to actually spread rumours amongst dwarves.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2018, 10:19:17 am »

Tony the tiger was actually a new DF adventure mode player, going demi god tigerman and savescumming like there's no tomorrow, erasing populations and committing unspeakable attrocities. You know when he says "you got the tiger in you" ? He was speaking litterally. He was a monster among monsters

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2018, 11:08:50 am »

Now hes dead... I created a fortress let us see how long until they commemorate the dude...

Also I want to create sheets to steal in adventure mode later on.

trib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2018, 09:39:59 pm »

The legendary Bim Silversnarl the Rapid Violator of Shadows was enshrined many a time in various artifacts for his many feats in the Ageless Realm.
For the uninitiated. I'd recommend not looking at the spoiler if you haven't seen the story.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This brings to mind, would be interesting for Sethanos/someone with the save to go make an adventurer and explore around the world to see if writing and bookmaking skills have in fact spread beyond the mighty Archcrystal during the ~47 years they've had the skills. NCommander speculated that this might be the case when he made the save compatible to the new version.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 09:52:30 pm by trib »

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2018, 09:58:27 pm »

Ah, Bim Silversnarl :D
That fantastic aquatic creature is what got me back into dwarf fortress last year