Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Vampire elf swordsman doesn't seem to be feeding on my dwarves

(1/4) > >>

Mort Stroodle:
When reading the combat logs of a glorious assault on a goblin dark tower, where my brave dwarves fought against hundreds of trolls and the Amber Demon Muved Ugeth Zutshosh, I noticed that my elf swordsman was referred to as a vampire elf swordsman. Interestingly, this fellow has been part of my fort for years, and I've never gotten a "drained of blood" notification. According to legends viewer, he has murdered before, but never in my fortress. Is it possible for a vampire to be chill, and never feed on your dwarves? He's got some character to him, being a vampire elf swordsman with a massive jagged scar across his face, and he has helped the war effort, so I'd prefer not to go lock him in a lever room somewhere or throw him into the volcano.

Liber celi:

--- Quote from: Mort Stroodle on June 20, 2018, 01:31:40 am ---vampire

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Mort Stroodle on June 20, 2018, 01:31:40 am ---elf
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Mort Stroodle on June 20, 2018, 01:31:40 am ---swordsman
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Mort Stroodle on June 20, 2018, 01:31:40 am ---with a massive jagged scar across his face
--- End quote ---
MAXIMUM EDGE
Give him a leather coat and black gloves and a fucked up artifact sword.

Mort Stroodle:

--- Quote from: Liber celi on June 20, 2018, 02:03:48 am ---
--- Quote from: Mort Stroodle on June 20, 2018, 01:31:40 am ---vampire

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Mort Stroodle on June 20, 2018, 01:31:40 am ---elf
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Mort Stroodle on June 20, 2018, 01:31:40 am ---swordsman
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Mort Stroodle on June 20, 2018, 01:31:40 am ---with a massive jagged scar across his face
--- End quote ---
MAXIMUM EDGE
Give him a leather coat and black gloves and a fucked up artifact sword.

--- End quote ---

Looked a little further into it, and oh man, you have no idea.

He's "appalled by merrymaking, parties, and other such worthless activites", "values decorum, dignity, and proper behavior", doesn't care about nature one way or another (I don't give a crap about your stupid trees MOM), has "extremely long" hair, and is a casual worshiper of "Asi the Unswerving Cobra", which is a SKELETON GOD that's associated with war, death, blight, and disease.

Somebody snuck their fucking OC into my fortress. If this guy kills the demon king in my next assault on the dark fortress, then that cinches it, Tarn Adams is secretly sneaking his fanfiction characters into the procedural generator.

Saiko Kila:
I've never had an elf vampire (they are very rare), so can't tell for sure, but normal vampires (dwarves) prey every 3 months, and due to the mechanics of preying, there's little chance for survival of the victim, even though vampires need only 4.2 liters of blood (many creatures have more, especially humans). Maybe elves are different. Like less... greedy?

Rowanas:

--- Quote from: Saiko Kila on June 20, 2018, 03:44:54 am ---I've never had an elf vampire (they are very rare), so can't tell for sure, but normal vampires (dwarves) prey every 3 months, and due to the mechanics of preying, there's little chance for survival of the victim, even though vampires need only 4.2 liters of blood (many creatures have more, especially humans). Maybe elves are different. Like less... greedy?

--- End quote ---

The average human body has about 5-6 litres of blood in it. If we assume that, despite the size difference, dwarves have about the same then quaffing 4.2 litres is 60-80% of their total. The most severe category of haemorrhage (class 4) is anything greater than 40%; the rate of survival for vampire victims is probably being a bit generous.

While elves need to drink, I'm wondering about goblin vampires. they have the no_drink tag, so do they -ever- need to feed?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version