Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213]

Author Topic: When Kickstarter goes wrong?  (Read 645539 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: When Kickstarter goes wrong?
« Reply #3180 on: May 15, 2018, 04:51:45 am »

*slight correction, I think the magazine was called "Ancient Astronauts" not "Ancient Aliens", because that's the TV show. Fake-edit: yep, that's the one. Here's a typical cover. I was going to list some of the hilarious articles from various issues (google images) but there are too many good ones:

"Germans excorsizing ancient spirits from little girls" sounds like the plot of an anime. I wonder if they're from the same alien babies that were given to mothers then raised on the alien poison in McDonalds? but it doesn't matter because when they get old they'll be abducted by the aliens anyway, and in any case the Earth is about to be destroyed by the giant alien spacecraft, which they are providing a helpful guide to when to view it. But anyway, the other saucers are making us insane with their space rays so we won't even care.

And those are just the cover stories in a single issue. Wow. I think the issue about Hitler being mind-controlled by subterranean Tibetans was less alarming than this issue.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 04:57:01 am by Reelya »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: May 15, 2018, 09:37:36 am »

It's a special/collector's edition. Of course they're going to put all of the good articles in it to encourage you to buy it before you are poisoned, abducted, turned insane, cloned, smushed by a falling spacecraft, etc, etc.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: May 15, 2018, 10:17:58 am »

Horror in Lumsville: Saucers make everyone insane!

Real hard hitting journalism here. Going directly to Liberia for that UFO scoop
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: May 15, 2018, 12:08:44 pm »

A little off topic but really the part of that which sticks out most to me is "FOR COLLECTOR'S".

On topic content tax:

Redlight Greenlight: "We'll Watch The Light For You"

Are you an absolute piece of shit? If you can't stop looking at your phone while driving, this project is for you.
Redlight Greenlight is a driving accessory that links directly to your phone alerting you when the stoplight turns green. Take back your time behind the wheel with this easy-to-use device. For the person on the go, maximize your driving experience where every minute counts.
Yes, a camera that looks at stop lights so you don't have to look up from your phone. Supposedly it can spot pedestrians in front of your car too, implying that, no, you aren't expected to actually put your phone down before you start moving. For only $150 (plus shipping) you can own this device which is literally illegal to use in most US states and will result in an expensive ticket at best and death or serious injury at worst. Don't worry, they only reached $1384 of their $1,000,000 goal before closing. At least they asked for a reasonable budget to design and develop a consumer electronics device they've only conceptualized (despite showing a video which makes it look like they have functional models now, which would get a Kickstarter promptly shut down but apparently flies on IndieGoGo). For the full experience though, you really do need to see the video. Again, the production value is high enough that the video alone surely cost more than $1384 they raised (not that they keep that money anyway). It warms my heart to think they lost money on this.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #3184 on: June 16, 2018, 12:52:06 am »

That's clearly a parody.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: June 16, 2018, 01:18:39 am »

Or, it's legit, but it fills the car interior with deadly neurotoxin for the safety of everybody around you.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: June 19, 2018, 10:19:16 am »

Or, it's legit, but it fills the car interior with deadly neurotoxin for the safety of everybody around you.

For the people who are still alive.
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213]