Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Does reanimation require evil weather?

(1/2) > >>

doublestrafe:
I've generated a couple worlds looking for reanimation without evil weather, using dfhack's embark-assistant to search. I'm finding nothing. Is it impossible?

gchristopher:
Almost every worldgen should have some interactions that have just regeneration and no evil weather. PatrikLundell's Biome Manipulator script is a convenient way to inspect the evil weather, and if all else fails, add/change to just a reanimation interaction for a region.

PatrikLundell:
Sorry doublestrafe, embark-assistant's search option Evil Weather is poorly named. It actually matches any (evil) interactions, regardless of the details, which means reanimation matches that search option as well as the reanimation specific one. I guess I didn't consider a desire to get only reanimation, but without actual weather (and there's no search option for thralling either).
It looks like there's a need to update embark-assistant, but that's unlikely to make it into DFHack before 0.44.11-alpha at the earliest, so don't hold your breath.

I'd try an embark-assistant search for reanimation and then use the Biome Manipulator to either check prospective embarks for whether they're reanimating only, or better, to make the biome reanimating only by replacing an undesirable interaction with one that features only reanimation. You need some luck in DF generating an interaction with only reanimation to chose from, though.

Dutchling:
I play with weather disabled, and reanimation still works in my current fort.

doublestrafe:

--- Quote from: PatrikLundell on June 21, 2018, 04:30:54 am ---Sorry doublestrafe, embark-assistant's search option Evil Weather is poorly named. It actually matches any (evil) interactions, regardless of the details, which means reanimation matches that search option as well as the reanimation specific one. I guess I didn't consider a desire to get only reanimation, but without actual weather (and there's no search option for thralling either).
It looks like there's a need to update embark-assistant, but that's unlikely to make it into DFHack before 0.44.11-alpha at the earliest, so don't hold your breath.

I'd try an embark-assistant search for reanimation and then use the Biome Manipulator to either check prospective embarks for whether they're reanimating only, or better, to make the biome reanimating only by replacing an undesirable interaction with one that features only reanimation. You need some luck in DF generating an interaction with only reanimation to chose from, though.

--- End quote ---
Ah, that explains things. Thanks!

In the meantime, Biome Manipulator is amazing, even if I'm having difficulty using it to work with tiny patchwork biomes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version