Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to keep dwarfs inside the fort after retiring for an adventure?  (Read 565 times)

Lioneez

• Bay Watcher
  • Challenged.
    • View Profile

The world is boring, too boring so I want to bring some spice into it without killing my fort in the process but there is one problem, when I retire a fort despite locking it down with the one way entrance and exit my dwarfs still manage to be outside the fort, is there anyway to fix it?
or even better if there is a way to make goblins elfs or humans start expanding already 10 years and the map didnt change that much from when I started playing, I even edited the raws by taking the orc attributes in master work and swapping it with the goblin once only on that map but I kept their size in tact and with them having +++ strength ridiculous agility and ferocity they still dont do much.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 03:31:41 pm by Lioneez »

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to keep dwarfs inside the fort after retiring for an adventure?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 03:08:24 am »

Basically, no.  When you retire, all your dwarfs are scattered semi randomly -- pathing is not checked.

absimiliard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 10:24:29 am »

What if you built walls outside of all your doors/gates/whatever to completely block the fort off from everywhere else?

Then, when you retire, your dorfs should scatter randomly about the only available spaces in the base, which would all be behind the new walls?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 03:56:55 pm »

What if you built walls outside of all your doors/gates/whatever to completely block the fort off from everywhere else?

Then, when you retire, your dorfs should scatter randomly about the only available spaces in the base, which would all be behind the new walls?
Or on top of them...

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 07:10:37 pm »

They get scattered everywhere -- even outdoors.  Generally for the most part they will be in the fortress anyway, though.  I'm not sure what Lioneez wants to do ultimately, though...  As soon as you unretire the dwarfs path back to the fortress.  Cleaning up from an unretire takes a season or so anyway.