Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Re: Wizard School RTD: Turn 4  (Read 11484 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Wizard School RTD: Turn 4
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2020, 02:56:15 pm »

((Woop!  Totally forgot about this for awhile.  My recent life has been... complex, let's say.  I guess this game isn't fast moving, but please don't hesitate to PM me if I end up being late and it matters?  I like this game, it's been quite fun and interesting.))

For a nonmagical action: Vids will use both his popularity and some of his funds to purchase various small livestock animals from the town's farmers.  Emphasize that they're for practicing healing magic, and therefore the weakest, sickest, worst specimens are what are desired--all of them should be flawed.  See if this can't be framed as a kindness, paying good prices for animals of particularly low value.  Once animals are obtained, the animals will be brought to class A and used as this month's assignment: They are to care for the animals, and use their magic to heal their ailments.  Be open about the fact the animals have been harmed by transformation; the purpose of this exercise is to *undo* damage, and return creatures to their ideal states, without harming them further.  If they can succeed in this, then Vids will take them along to work on healing people, as some of them have requested.

For a magical action, a few large livestock animals, such as cows, will be purchased.  Health doesn't matter.  These animals will be brought to class B, and they will be given the task of improving the creatures, with Vids' assistance.  Emphasize that wizards do not see the mundane limitations and purposes of things that normal people do; where others might see cows as mere food, a fleshworker sees meat with boundless possibilities.  This flesh can be used to create anything the children desire, used for any purpose they have use for!  Inspire their creativity, and work with them to make their dreams into reality!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]