Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 148162 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: They All Fall Down
« Reply #1035 on: October 10, 2019, 01:43:13 am »

Yay, victory!
Celebrate a bit and find a meal, perhaps from a dead giant fish or a live one.  Then look around for a shiny to bring home.

That said, I'm considering spending Freddy's Boon at this point.  Would that be possible?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 01:56:52 am by Devastator »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: October 10, 2019, 04:45:49 am »

Find a carcass of some sort to see how well my scythes work. How deep can they cut?

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: October 10, 2019, 09:52:35 am »

Feel around for a ladder to climb

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: October 10, 2019, 10:40:03 am »

Search around for dead matter to consume and try and process into a more material body. Or see if it is possible to posess a body and control it
"Some one help find a nice and undamaged dead body for me to control. I'd rather not be bound to this tenuous control of gas and liquid."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: October 13, 2019, 03:44:29 pm »

Is the heart calmed down now that the danger has passed?

If not, keep up my attempts to get it calmed down.
If yes, help Vladen find a suitable body

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: October 13, 2019, 06:42:30 pm »

Do my best to tug Kongor to the ladder.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: October 27, 2019, 07:25:34 am »

I'm pretending I haven't been slowing down and falling behind on updates. Ignore this. Don't look at the transparent text!

Yay, victory!
Celebrate a bit and find a meal, perhaps from a dead giant fish or a live one.  Then look around for a shiny to bring home.

That said, I'm considering spending Freddy's Boon at this point.  Would that be possible?

You eat ... something. It was edible, and tasty, if a bit waterlogged. It didn't seem to have an Omega Brand on it, probably. You scoop up a length of glittery chain. It's rather thin and flexible but quite durable. You get about thirty feet of it.

Go ahead and spend your boon. Oh, if Freddy grows to the next size category, that does count as a stat increase, since size categories are purchased like stats.

Find a carcass of some sort to see how well my scythes work. How deep can they cut?
Where and when did you get scythes again? They are you-sized, right? so, they probably cut about ... well, it depends on the substance they are cutting. grass, they'll cut what, maybe six inches at a swipe? Steel? not so much.

Feel around for a ladder to climb
Do my best to tug Kongor to the ladder.
You guys get out of the water and eventually back up to someplace stable.

Search around for dead matter to consume and try and process into a more material body. Or see if it is possible to posess a body and control it
"Some one help find a nice and undamaged dead body for me to control. I'd rather not be bound to this tenuous control of gas and liquid."
(5) you find a corpse and inspire it - you breathe a sickly green mist into its lungs and it staggers upright, exhaling a blackish cloud with every breath. You don''t actually inhabit the body, but you can control it to an extent. at least enough to bungle around and bump comedically into things. Over time, the body decays and is consumed by the mist and the efforts you expend to control it.

Is the heart calmed down now that the danger has passed?

If not, keep up my attempts to get it calmed down.
If yes, help Vladen find a suitable body

You spend an indeterminate amount of time tinkering with the inner functions of Omega's body. It doesn't simply calm down - ther are alots of repairs to coordinate, materials to move, damage to seal off, traffic to reroute, paperwork to file, press releases tio issue, complaints to ignore. It's quite involved, but eventually you (and some other Omegas) manage to get the heart into a state wherein you are no longer needed to continue the process of recovery. By then Vladen has already eaten at least a couple unspecified corpses. As, apparently , have a few other Omegas.

Alright you guys, go ahead and level up. Mmm, how about three stat points and nine substat points? And also, one equipment voucher, good for a single full set of one type of equipment. Ask for details.

Finally, I have two missions you can embark on. One is essentially an exploration mission, and the other is an Omega-centric PLOT mission. that is, you'll be sent t odo something of great importance to Omega. Well, probably of great importance.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: October 27, 2019, 09:40:11 am »

Spoiler: Gwyn - current (click to show/hide)
Im thinking stat points go into spirit or movement, substats into either natural ranged, natural meele, constitution, or a scatter to fill out partials. Current inclination is spirit (to journeyman) and natural meele (to perfect). With the last spare substat going to meele magical (to apprentice)

@ item kits - Gwyn doesn't see why she would want equipment for herself, but she might like a nice outfit? She's more interested in improving herself, trying to upgrade her blades (speed and size) or her loadout, notably ammo capacity but also any additional round types (airburst for example) she can't currently use being added to her manufacturing ability. She could also be tempted if they offer to add new abilities in general on a case-by-case basis. She is also waiting for Kongor to request what he'd like her attuned to.

Plot mission is interesting though description is vague.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: October 27, 2019, 12:06:40 pm »

(I looked back and realized they are sickles, sorry)
Level up Spirit to Basic, leaving 1 Stat point left
Level up Body to Apprentice, 0 stat points left
Level up Charisma to 0, leaving 7 substat points left
Level up Magic to +2, leaving 5 substat points left
Level up Strength to 0, leaving 3 substat points left
Level up Stamina to +1, leaving 2 substat points left
Level up Agility to 0, leaving 0 substat points left

(I hope I did this right, Exploratory Mission)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Go to the library and read a book about the history of Omega
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 04:19:41 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: October 27, 2019, 02:58:45 pm »

Updated character sheet.

Two stat points to increase size to Giant.

I'd also like to spend the Boon now.  I'll take the exploration mission.  I'll spend the equipment voucher after seeing what the boon does.  (and finalize the char sheet.)

Also considering spending my coins on equipment.  Could I buy a cyborg eye to replace the missing one?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 01:53:22 am by Devastator »

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: October 27, 2019, 06:12:00 pm »

((It’s gonna take me a while to decide.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: October 29, 2019, 12:26:10 am »

3 substat points into will.  6 substat points into magic, 3 substat points into will.  Sell off sword, armor, and medkit and see about spending the voucher on a marionette body to inhabit or puppet as needd and see what the coins from the items sold can be spent on to upgrade the fake body
Vote goes on plot mission.

Spoiler: Vladen (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 12:52:25 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: October 29, 2019, 12:39:18 am »

I don't know about selling that spellbook.  I'm pretty sure you can still use magic as a cloud.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: October 29, 2019, 12:51:32 am »

I don't know about selling that spellbook.  I'm pretty sure you can still use magic as a cloud.
Yeah, but how can one carry it as a cloud? I might keep it either way
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: October 29, 2019, 01:08:38 am »

Learn summoning, maybe?  Create something to carry it for you.

Or maybe the other kind of summoning.. object apportation.  Then attack with poison or bombs or something.

Or do both.

Another possibility is that even if you kill bodies you inhabit, you just use a new one every mission.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 01:30:30 am by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 85