Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 148366 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star
« Reply #1080 on: November 08, 2019, 08:43:33 am »

((Gwyn has no way to know this, and has no helpful suggestions, but Lenglon thinks that someone should talk to some Star Sprites to learn about the nature of stars in Omegaverse.))

I'm really happy to have the new outfits, and I'm gonna give myself a mini fashion show in my room to revel in having them. I also plan on focusing on training myself, mastering my improved abilities. ((no need to run either of these activities, her training is clearly going to be included in the levelup she already recieved.)) I don't really know anything about getting a sun and don't have the first clue how we might start, but that's not really the kind of thing I need to worry about anyway. My wielder makes those kinds of decisions, not me.

So I'm just gonna go see about getting some ice cream again.

((character sheet updated))
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 08:48:39 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: November 08, 2019, 01:32:55 pm »

ask about possible space travel methods

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: November 10, 2019, 06:35:35 pm »

Gravitational Beam Emitter
Hmm. Perhaps you'd like to be able to rearrange space, like, moving rooms around in a castle to confuse enemies and tourists, or making your lair into an M.C. Escher Paradise, or so you can reach the refrigerator from the couch to grab a beer. Also, an upgrade for increased power output is fine.
The gravitational beam emitter seems intradasting as a panic button kind of thing, but what stat/skill would I roll to use it?

That seems like a really interesting skill with a bunch of uses, though I'm rather limited since I don't so much have a lair, rather I just have a room. I think. Did I even have a room here?
Anyway, the direction this is taking is to my liking. Do you have any other options for additional powers like this?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: November 18, 2019, 02:46:12 am »

Freddie, as usual, doesn't say anything.  But he thinks a few things.

Star?  Stars are.. really big.  And really high up.  If we catch one, maybe it won't be so good.  But maybe it will be good, because it's the best shiny.  But maybe too big.  I wasn't worried about escaping because I'd grow to be the biggest, and then they'd let me go.  But if they can keep a star?  I don't know if I could escape if a star can't.  It's like me, big and hot.

..Maybe I should eat the star.

(Also, updated the character sheet with a new description.  Let me know if there's anything you'd like different.  Can I get confirmation for the stuff related to the expense chit and money?  I wanted to buy a cybereye to replace the missing one, and a cyborg mod to allow for him to charge up his breath weapon.  If there's stuff left over, I'd like something to boost his mental resistances, and perhaps a ring that gives him a temporary shield bubble, to help mitigate the inevitable accidental collisions.)

As for what to investigate, begin with the possibility of making a star.  Is there enough space for like a moon-sized bright thing to orbit this planet, and what would the OL need to create one?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The description looks fine. Cyber Eye for 10 coin, Charge mod for 20, shield ring for 15 acts as an airbag. Needs an in game day to recharge. additional charges per day each add 15 to the cost. I don't have anything specific or mental resistances though.

There is space around Omega for a satellite, yes. (6) There are several mythological ways to create a Star. First, you need to bang a god ...

i wonder, could a star be shrunk for transport then grown again when we get it here?
Test if magic can be used to shrink things. Try to shrink one of the ferns to half its current size, then grow it to the size it was before the shrinking
(2), (2) you make the fern wilt a bit. Then when you try to un-wilt it, a few leaves fall off.

"Where will we be getting a star from?"
Questions?
(6) You could try to steal a god of fire and light, perhaps.  I hear space is full of stars. We could launch you lot into a couple of different skies.

((Gwyn has no way to know this, and has no helpful suggestions, but Lenglon thinks that someone should talk to some Star Sprites to learn about the nature of stars in Omegaverse.))

I'm really happy to have the new outfits, and I'm gonna give myself a mini fashion show in my room to revel in having them. I also plan on focusing on training myself, mastering my improved abilities. ((no need to run either of these activities, her training is clearly going to be included in the levelup she already recieved.)) I don't really know anything about getting a sun and don't have the first clue how we might start, but that's not really the kind of thing I need to worry about anyway. My wielder makes those kinds of decisions, not me.

So I'm just gonna go see about getting some ice cream again.

((character sheet updated))
The cook takes one look at your pretty new outfit and demands that you change before helping with dishes/cooking for ice cream. Something about not ruining pretty things by feeding ogres and cleaning up after monkeys.

ask about possible space travel methods
(6)"It really depends on Which space you wish to travel to. There's spaces that require air tight vessels, spaces like the Plane of Air that require otehr protections such as against high winds and electric elementals, the Ethereal plane and the various Heavens, which generally require permission from the gods aligned with those heavens. We do have a ship for use in one of the tamer spaces ... but I'm not sure if you'll find a suitable Sun there."

Gravitational Beam Emitter
Hmm. Perhaps you'd like to be able to rearrange space, like, moving rooms around in a castle to confuse enemies and tourists, or making your lair into an M.C. Escher Paradise, or so you can reach the refrigerator from the couch to grab a beer. Also, an upgrade for increased power output is fine.
The gravitational beam emitter seems intradasting as a panic button kind of thing, but what stat/skill would I roll to use it?

That seems like a really interesting skill with a bunch of uses, though I'm rather limited since I don't so much have a lair, rather I just have a room. I think. Did I even have a room here?
Anyway, the direction this is taking is to my liking. Do you have any other options for additional powers like this?

The GBE would require ranged skill. And alsoa complete indifference to everything within about twenty kilometers of the barrel in the direction of fire. Rearranging spaces doesn't require you to currently possess a lair. You can make a lair out of wherever you happen to be, as a preliminary step. Or you can create a permanent lair and activate it somehow while on mission. This is an Omega Skill, by the way - transportation and creating space are part of the foundation of Omega Base, after all.

Other powers like that. Hmm. You've already done the additional bots thing, but perhaps multiple bodies that you cold switch between. upgrade your farseeing to include multiplanar sight, or to be able to communicate across the voids. I don't really know. I kinda forget what Clunkers has been into lately.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: November 18, 2019, 02:55:09 am »

((Wait, the GBE is gonna try to usurp Gwyn's role and be a rival to her? She's gonna have a reaction to that...))

Yay! I got complimented AND I have a route to get myself ice cream! go change into work clothes and then go back. I knows what I wants.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: November 18, 2019, 05:12:20 am »

Wait.. don't we have gods here?  Lets pursue that one a bit..

..although what I was more thinking of was an item.  Maybe we can make something that can act like a fulcrum or a focus for forces to be transferred through it, and we can then sorta make a bunch of portals all feed into it.  Like tap a realm of fire for some fire energy, and some others, too, until what we have isn't really a star, but it's star-like.

(As for mental resistance stuff, what came to mind a bit later would be something that could contain a bit of soul or mind.  Freddie would wear it for a long time, and eventually his soul would sorta colonize the item.  Then if he's attacked and mind controlled, it would be basically a bastion or citadel that would let him organize his thoughts for a later counterattack, instead of getting his mind enslaved or soul rewritten should he lose the fight badly, and should the attacker try to wipe out the bastion, he'd have some sort of mental high-ground.  So instead of fading away should he fail to retake his body, he'd have a source of strength sufficient to make several full-strength counterattacks.  It would be implanted to make physical removal difficult.

It also wouldn't actually help him defend himself, just make it much more difficult to take full control of him after infiltration.  He'd still lose control of his body, but he could watch, and hit back in a stronger than expected way.)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 05:20:34 am by Devastator »

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: November 18, 2019, 11:29:18 am »

What? Nonono I meant the kind of space where all the stars are hiding. How do we get there?
And then plan out what the best option is for dragging a sun back here

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: November 18, 2019, 12:22:06 pm »

maybe I can make a tiny star?
take the leaves that fell off the fern, and make them into a floating sphere, then set the sphere on fire

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: November 21, 2019, 12:22:45 pm »

((Wait, the GBE is gonna try to usurp Gwyn's role and be a rival to her? She's gonna have a reaction to that...))

Yay! I got complimented AND I have a route to get myself ice cream! go change into work clothes and then go back. I knows what I wants.
Gwen spends some time washing dishes, chopping onions, serving tables, and eating treats with a wide eyed innocence that can only be rivaled by the cutest of anime characters.

Wait.. don't we have gods here?  Lets pursue that one a bit..

..although what I was more thinking of was an item.  Maybe we can make something that can act like a fulcrum or a focus for forces to be transferred through it, and we can then sorta make a bunch of portals all feed into it.  Like tap a realm of fire for some fire energy, and some others, too, until what we have isn't really a star, but it's star-like.

(As for mental resistance stuff, what came to mind a bit later would be something that could contain a bit of soul or mind.  Freddie would wear it for a long time, and eventually his soul would sorta colonize the item.  Then if he's attacked and mind controlled, it would be basically a bastion or citadel that would let him organize his thoughts for a later counterattack, instead of getting his mind enslaved or soul rewritten should he lose the fight badly, and should the attacker try to wipe out the bastion, he'd have some sort of mental high-ground.  So instead of fading away should he fail to retake his body, he'd have a source of strength sufficient to make several full-strength counterattacks.  It would be implanted to make physical removal difficult.

It also wouldn't actually help him defend himself, just make it much more difficult to take full control of him after infiltration.  He'd still lose control of his body, but he could watch, and hit back in a stronger than expected way.)
(2) the god we have here is a rain god, silly.That won't work for a sun at all. (4) A focus through which to channel energies from other planes is doable, but you'd want to direct those energies into the object in a way that gives the object the attributes of those forces, rather than making it a portal. a portal for the energies involved would be unstable in the long run, and could risk tearing the Omega pseudo-dimension apart.

As for what you are talking about with a mental resistance item: that's a phylactery, like a lich might have. It has drawbacks to it's use, but, assuming you were able to use it, could effectively make Freddie semi-immortal, though his body would still be at risk of destruction or decay.

What? Nonono I meant the kind of space where all the stars are hiding. How do we get there?
And then plan out what the best option is for dragging a sun back here
"Again, most of those spaces have some kind of stars in them. I suppose you are looking for a space that is mostly space and stars though ... I know of a couple. You would need a vessel to carry you in - one capable of moving through the sea of stars, and ideally armed against the denizens of that ocean. You'd also need a second vessel to approach the star in - one built to withstand the star's presence, and you would need some way top transport the star here. Additionally, you want to be able to determine that the star is suitable for encouraging life, rather than being completely destructive."

maybe I can make a tiny star?
take the leaves that fell off the fern, and make them into a floating sphere, then set the sphere on fire
(2) you are having a real time with magic today. You look at the soggy puddle of dead leaves you have created and sigh. Those won't burn. (4) on the other hand, you wonder how long a star made of burning leaves would last, anyway. And where would the smoke go?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: November 21, 2019, 01:20:09 pm »

let's just get a lightning god and combine it with the rain god and invent electrolysis.

Also dracolich Freddie sounds cool

Would it be possible to spend what was left of the money's after buying the armored marionette to get a corpse freezer?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 05:23:01 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: November 21, 2019, 03:08:37 pm »

Great! So where do we get such vessels? Or do we have to make them ourselves?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: November 23, 2019, 06:27:55 pm »

Hmm, that object attribute stuff could work.  Lets start doing the work for that.

I think we'd need fire and heat, probably both, and maybe one for nurturing or growing, so a plane good for that, too.  And probably a plane for light as a seperate thing to fire and heat.  And maybe more than that.

See if I can get a list of the planes we'd need, and then find out what we need for the object it's based on.  One big object?  Some small objects?  Ones linked to each other?  How are these links to the various planes made, and what do they do to the object?

You mentioned Focus or focuses as well.  What are those?

..I suppose phylactry would be right.  Hmm, but I don't feel the need for all those features.  Dragon with no body isn't a dragon, after all, and even if it regrows it might not have all the fun stuff this one has on it, and it might take my whole life again to get back to this size.  I'll put that off for later.

(Oh, and Freddie does have an ulterior motive in finding out about the pieces.  He's wondering if this stuff can be used to get even more powerful.  After all, if he can put a link to a fire plane inside his body, he might have more fire to play with.  Same for the other fields.)

(I'm also aware this sort of thing can go horrifyingly wrong, but that's part of the fun.  Also, it'd be nice to get the price down for the last size class.)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 03:03:58 am by Devastator »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: November 23, 2019, 06:46:53 pm »

try to get the leaves to levitate, if successful, figure out if I can control the direction they go

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: November 28, 2019, 03:06:56 am »

let's just get a lightning god and combine it with the rain god and invent electrolysis.

Also dracolich Freddie sounds cool

Would it be possible to spend what was left of the money's after buying the armored marionette to get a corpse freezer?

You can have a small penguin leather bag of icestones. Take a stone and squeeze it until it cracks, then throw it at your target. it should freeze whatever you are hitting. Up to a point. Keeping it frozen is up to you.

As for the lightning god, well, if you want to try that, go ahead. Sounds adventurous. But I'm not sure that will fulfill the mission.

Great! So where do we get such vessels? Or do we have to make them ourselves?
"We can provide you with a basic ship. You can outfit it as you see fit. We have laborers who can customize according to your specifications."
((psst. try to include Gwen in the conversation eh?))

Hmm, that object attribute stuff could work.  Lets start doing the work for that.

I think we'd need fire and heat, probably both, and maybe one for nurturing or growing, so a plane good for that, too.  And probably a plane for light as a seperate thing to fire and heat.  And maybe more than that.

See if I can get a list of the planes we'd need, and then find out what we need for the object it's based on.  One big object?  Some small objects?  Ones linked to each other?  How are these links to the various planes made, and what do they do to the object?

You mentioned Focus or focuses as well.  What are those?

..I suppose phylactry would be right.  Hmm, but I don't feel the need for all those features.  Dragon with no body isn't a dragon, after all, and even if it regrows it might not have all the fun stuff this one has on it, and it might take my whole life again to get back to this size.  I'll put that off for later.

(Oh, and Freddie does have an ulterior motive in finding out about the pieces.  He's wondering if this stuff can be used to get even more powerful.  After all, if he can put a link to a fire plane inside his body, he might have more fire to play with.  Same for the other fields.)

(I'm also aware this sort of thing can go horrifyingly wrong, but that's part of the fun.  Also, it'd be nice to get the price down for the last size class.)
(6)fire burns things and makes smoke. (3) Suns are usually singular objects.

Links to planes are made through spells or natural magic or, in some cases, already exist in a given location or being. The multiverse is surprisingly porous.

A focus is an object prepared beforehand to channel or concentrate energies. Shamans use them to aid their spells by drawing the attention of related spirits. Wizards carve, etch, inscribe, imbue and construct theirs to act as energy channels or storage devices or amplifiers. Hypnotists use theirs to concentrate the attention of their subjects.

try to get the leaves to levitate, if successful, figure out if I can control the direction they go
(6) what leaves? you levitate the ashes into a willowy smoke, and blow the smoke into smoke rings. You accidentally inhale one and spend the next few minutes coughing, eyes watering. The rest of the smoke kinda drifts away while you are distracted.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: November 28, 2019, 04:14:05 am »

((No need to include her Oz. Kongor should do as Kongor wants. Gwyn wouldn't be involved in mission planning unless she was directly asked.))
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 85