Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 148172 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star
« Reply #1155 on: January 13, 2020, 09:51:12 pm »

Find one of the workers and ask about the equipment in the head

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: January 14, 2020, 03:30:48 pm »

Explore the head of the ship and see if it is possible to control it like the puppet body
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: January 16, 2020, 04:50:10 pm »

"That sounds more like me. I mean, I am a weapon after all. What weapons does the bug have?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: January 16, 2020, 08:41:08 pm »

Look around at the area and scream in awesomeness overload

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: January 19, 2020, 06:45:21 am »

((Whoa hey, I remember this game! Nice to see it's still going.
Did Thrips die? Last I saw he was part of the team trudging through an icy wasteland with a giant robot, Freddy the dragon and a bunch of carts. All I know of that mission's outcome is that Freddy apparently survived.))   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: January 19, 2020, 11:08:02 am »

I think most everyone made it through that mission so it'd be unusual for Thrips to not make it.  I think you could join in this one just fine.  I'd probably talk to Oz about any rewards for progress made in the last mission.

Which is, checking it, that Thrips made it to just before the first fight.  I think we had two fights and a stretch of survival travel between them for that mission.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 11:13:18 am by Devastator »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: January 19, 2020, 01:50:16 pm »

Everyone survived that mission, I believe the first fight I was largely confused about and the second I did the big gulp
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: January 20, 2020, 08:16:38 pm »

Sounds terrifying. No wonder poor young Thrips has been catatonic ever since. Not to mention the cold!   
Oh yeah, I don't suppose there's any ballpark estimate for how much time has passed since? Lots of missions? Any notable timeskips?   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: January 20, 2020, 08:24:50 pm »

Go talk to the NPCs about my future space launch while waiting for the actual launch.  If they're too busy, just listen in while waiting for the launch to occur.  The dignitaries might know if the workers are too busy.
"I want to launch a thing later." "Okay."

Find one of the workers and ask about the equipment in the head
"The stuff on the top floor is the control system and navigation. That's your command deck. The floor below is the information Nexus and brains of the ship. Additionally, the cannon control system is at the front on the second floor there. Up here in the back is the communication hub. If you and the others would each enter those pods, you could bond with the ship. Assuming she likes you, bonding will make it easier to communicate what you want.

Is there anything in particular you want to know more about?"

Explore the head of the ship and see if it is possible to control it like the puppet body
Ship's big, yo. You'd be a poot on the wind in here. Basically, the head has three levels: command, sensors and brains, cannon. Top and bottom levels have lots of viewscreen and, perhaps, lots of wasted open space. The workers are kind of shuffling you guys toward the "bonding pods," and basically describing how to fly the ship with teh levers and buttons and magic crystals and all. Overall, teh aesthetic of the ship is wide, open, dark tones and natural grains, with soft velvet seating and generic elevator music. it's all very chill.

"That sounds more like me. I mean, I am a weapon after all. What weapons does the bug have?"

"Aside from her primary cannons in the front, she has these foreclaws that retract under her belly behind the head here, for grasping. The cannons are, as you can see, rather small for her size, and are mostly just open tubes that you can throw large objects out of - like bombs or dragons or something. As for her primary weapons, they are immature. We have installed an adaptive matrix - once you lot have settled in and gotten to know her and made your will known, she'll molt. At that time the weapons will solidify and become functional. So, if you want the weapons to be lasers, or pegasus cannons or an electrical arc field, you'll want to tell the ship that when you bond with her."

Look around at the area and scream in awesomeness overload

Sounds terrifying. No wonder poor young Thrips has been catatonic ever since. Not to mention the cold!   
Oh yeah, I don't suppose there's any ballpark estimate for how much time has passed since? Lots of missions? Any notable timeskips?   
I don't think there have been any major developments since then. We're launching a mission to otehrspace to pick up supplies to jumpstart the Omega Solar System right now. Feel free to come along!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: January 20, 2020, 08:36:35 pm »

”nothing in particular right now. Thank you”
Head to one of the pods and attempt bonding by thinking Hello. Do you hear thoughts? The group is going after a star, and I will be on the command deck. My name is [insert actual name here] to the ship. If the ship can’t hear thoughts, say “ The group is going after a star, and I will be on the command deck. My name is ([insert actual name here])” out loud
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 03:44:28 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: January 20, 2020, 09:44:17 pm »

Well, since I don't seem to need to worry about the launch, I'm going to get to work.

Go find my iron ball, and see how far the work has progressed.  Some things I can't help much with, but I want to help with the enchanting, now that I have some pretty decent magic, and some pretty good claws.  It'd be nice learning about how to do it, too.

Also, ask about any other missing ingredients other than the diamonds.  I believe there's the iron, and the other special metals.. are there going to be enough of those and it's just diamonds that remain to be gathered?

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: January 20, 2020, 10:09:43 pm »

((Dangit I saw the thing you posted under my action and I laughed so hard I forgot what my next action was going to be. Thanks a lot, now I will have to stick with this one))

Explore more of this creepy bug and ask about anything important and related to the task I have

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: January 24, 2020, 12:36:20 am »

Head to a bonding pod and press buttoms
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: February 07, 2020, 02:50:35 pm »

I perk up upon hearing the word "cannon"
"What's a pegasus cannon?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: February 08, 2020, 03:44:03 am »

”nothing in particular right now. Thank you”
Head to one of the pods and attempt bonding by thinking Hello. Do you hear thoughts? The group is going after a star, and I will be on the command deck. My name is [insert actual name here] to the ship. If the ship can’t hear thoughts, say “ The group is going after a star, and I will be on the command deck. My name is ([insert actual name here])” out loud

(6) You fly into the designated pod and nestle into a soft, flower scented pillow. The lgith is bright and warm. You begin thinking aloud at the ship, and your little pod suddenly vibrates with a strange, oppressive intensity. Mists fill the room, smelling musky and of wet earth and flowers in full bloom. The ship seems to like you, maybe a little too much, as the attention it seems to be giving you weighs on you like a heavy blanket. The ship awaits your actions with an empty curiousity, an undirected expectation. your name echoes in the pod, whispered by the wind and sounded out in the buzzing of insects.

Well, since I don't seem to need to worry about the launch, I'm going to get to work.

Go find my iron ball, and see how far the work has progressed.  Some things I can't help much with, but I want to help with the enchanting, now that I have some pretty decent magic, and some pretty good claws.  It'd be nice learning about how to do it, too.

Also, ask about any other missing ingredients other than the diamonds.  I believe there's the iron, and the other special metals.. are there going to be enough of those and it's just diamonds that remain to be gathered?

(6) You visit the smithy - An enormous cavern filled with the dull red light of forgefires. In a wide place, a gigantic stone structure has been erected. it has hte appearance of a blocky dome, as if someone tried to make a ball out of large square bricks, then dropped it until it sunk halfway into the floor. You are led up to a platfrm encircling the structure.and shown some images and 3d models of the iron ball. It isn't a solid ball - rather, it appears to be a hollow geodesic sphere - all metal girders crisscrossing in interlocking triangles. You wonder why you can't go inside, if the ball is open like that. As for special materials, diamonds re certainly needed, but they are also talking about a fuel source, magical strengthening materials, and similar. Once again, with this many dwarves and gnomes, there are millions of options bandied about, and only a few solid goals. Suggested materials range from pure steelglass, lined internally with silver, to tons of phoenix feathers, to actual flocks of phoenixes, to the eye of a beholder, to vast quantities of rust and aluminum, fields of sunflowers, and of course, souls. souls are pretty popular for this kind of thing, after all.

((Dangit I saw the thing you posted under my action and I laughed so hard I forgot what my next action was going to be. Thanks a lot, now I will have to stick with this one))

Explore more of this creepy bug and ask about anything important and related to the task I have
you find (2) not much, but you do wind up at the airlock to the head ofhte bug, and someone mentions bonding with the ship, or at least buckling in for launch.

Head to a bonding pod and press buttoms
(2) You sit in the pod and knock on the walls, wiggle the pod door handle, and inspect the grey, curved walls. a dim light reveals little. Several small protruberaces extend fro the walls, move about as a though inspecting your ceramic doll, and then retract into the wall again. Is that it? what was the big fuss then?

I perk up upon hearing the word "cannon"
"What's a pegasus cannon?"
Grey's lip twitches ever so slightly. "Well, it could be a few things. In this instance, I had in mind a large, open bore device used to launch self guided, winged projectiles that themselves carry detachable payloads. Of course, it could also be a big machine that throws winged horses carrying armored warrior women, or it cold be a cannon meant ot be mounted onto a winged horse ... though that last one seems somewhat impractical."
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 85